Getting around the forceful ads on USMB

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
I have found that when the forceful video ads that block USMB from my screen appear, I can sometimes put my curser on the up and down scrolling area on the right of my screen, and hold the left click button, and it will give me a few extra seconds where I can read a post before the video ad from AdChoices takes over. Anybody else have any tricks for how to work around the obnoxious ads?

I have also noticed that after the obnoxious ads from this site crash the browsers on my various devices, that restarts of the device help for a short time.

I have found that when the forceful video ads that block USMB from my screen appear, I can sometimes put my curser on the up and down scrolling area on the right of my screen, and hold the left click button, and it will give me a few extra seconds where I can read a post before the video ad from AdChoices takes over. Anybody else have any tricks for how to work around the obnoxious ads?

I have also noticed that after the obnoxious ads from this site crash the browsers on my various devices, that restarts of the device help for a short time.
AdBlock works great, and it's free

Using Firefox and Bluehell Firewall 2.6.1 Not seeing a thing. I've heard AdBlock hogs system resources.

http://lifehacker.com/adblock-plus-once-again-found-to-dramatically-increase-1576341872

Using Firefox and Bluehell Firewall 2.6.1 Not seeing a thing. I've heard AdBlock hogs system resources.

http://lifehacker.com/adblock-plus-once-again-found-to-dramatically-increase-1576341872
Firefox kept crashing on me..

Firefox kept crashing on me..

Yeah, I had that problem . . . once. It has conflicts with Google shit and Apple shit. Get rid of that stuff. Google and Apple are no good for you. They are tracking your every move and sending it back to the police state. :eek-52:

After that, make sure you scrub your shit clean and have the latest updates.

Then you'll have a lean, mean, investigative machine. :eusa_angel:

I really would like a reasonable explanation as to why USMB allows such aggressive ads. I understand you want revenue, but the only solution to being able to use the site is to block them. So few see the ad. If I didn't use Adblock, I would have given up on the site.

I really would like a reasonable explanation as to why USMB allows such aggressive ads. I understand you want revenue, but the only solution to being able to use the site is to block them. So few see the ad. If I didn't use Adblock, I would have given up on the site.
Customized Hondas for staff don't come cheap..

Mopeds are not that expensive.

Yes, and my point is you should have more revenue from successful ads that are viewed instead of blocked.

I just ask admin to turn off the ads on my page..
I thought you were the Deep State's admin. sock?

Preview

Mopeds are not that expensive.

Yes, and my point is you should have more revenue from successful ads that are viewed instead of blocked.
They probably are using click-bait advertising..not to mention the bing bots..

You have no idea how many visitor's come to this site that aren't members.

You and I are not the target audience of these ads, we are content providers. They don't really care if we see the ads. We are the product.

I really don't mind ads, but I don't like them when they block out all other content. A smaller ad that can do its thing on the side or top should be fine, but not this stuff that crashes browsers and blocks the USMB site.

At the very least, as a service to the members, they should make the FZ ad free, as no non-members can view that portion of the site.

I really don't mind ads, but I don't like them when they block out all other content. A smaller ad that can do its thing on the side or top should be fine, but not this stuff that crashes browsers and blocks the USMB site.
There is one ad you can never block, the one with the hand out..

Ads? What ads? I've never seen a single ad on this forum? It is one of the things I really like about it.
But remember, it does cost money to run a forum. In some cases a couple hundred a month. Without ads or donations who pays the bills?
When you click on ads the forums gets a dime or two.

Ads? What ads? I've never seen a single ad on this forum? It is one of the things I really like about it.
But remember, it does cost money to run a forum. In some cases a couple hundred a month. Without ads or donations who pays the bills?
When you click on ads the forums gets a dime or two.
Not to mention us paid posters..

Forum List

Back