Gig Economy Could be Perfect Solution to Bust Remaining Unions

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
With some help from President Trump, the gig economy could be the tool to bust many of the remaining unions in America.

< A Drumpf administration decision identifying gig economy workers at one company as “independent contractors” rather than “employees” could have massive implications >

< It’s an issue with big stakes for the tech industry. Tech companies that offer services through apps, like ride-sharing apps Uber and Lyft and online home services company Handy, have fought efforts across the country to force them to offer full benefits to their workers. >

Trump ruling boosts gig economy firms

Yup. Killing unions and rolling back workers rights and oh yea...keeping workers pay low IS what Republicans are about

Interesting that the same people that complained that all the jobs created during the Obama years were part time shitty jobs are now the champions for gig workers.

If people want benefits, then work for someone that gives them. Simple as that.

Interesting that the same people that complained that all the jobs created during the Obama years were part time shitty jobs are now the champions for gig workers.
If gig workers keep the economy moving, it's a good thing.

Yup. Killing unions and rolling back workers rights and oh yea...keeping workers pay low IS what Republicans are about
China doesn't have unions and they're economy has been booming for decades.

Er.. Are you're advocating that we adopt the Chicomm Labor Relations Model ? o_O

"Communism to me is one-third practice and two-thirds explanation." -- Will Rogers

Er.. Are you're advocating that we adopt the Chicomm Labor Relations Model ?
"Communism to me is one-third practice and two-thirds explanation." -- Will Rogers
I never said I'd copy everything China does, but I definitely applaud their common sense restrictions on unions. I also applaud their ability to realize job killing environmental laws are a bad thing.

Try to keep up, because Trump is helping workers, that's why Democrats hate him.

Well the Magic Orange approach to further attack Unions by making 1 to 5 million voters lose wages and benefits by turning them into "independent contractors" just to make the owners of these "gig business" wealthier is like turning the clock back to the latter 19th century era of the "Robber Barons" like Carnegie and Rockefeller. They were among the greedy ones that had such a negative impact on labor in general and really kindled the formation of unions and worker protection laws!

PS: Hope you and others read the article in the OP so ya'll will understand at least some of the impact this could bring down on your own kids, grand-kids and your neighbors'! The Orange One is like a impudent child with a hammer in a China shop playing whack a mole!

China's air quality is horrendous. I'm sure you'd like that? Ummmmm, yeah. China's people lack the work ethic we have here.

Well the Magic Orange approach to further attack Unions by making 1 to 5 million voters lose wages and benefits by turning them into "independent contractors" just to make the owners of these "gig business" wealthier is like turning the clock back to the latter 19th century era of the "Robber Barons" like Carnegie and Rockefeller. They were among the greedy ones that had such a negative impact on labor in general and really kindled the formation of unions and worker protection laws!

PS: Hope you and others read the article in the OP so ya'll will understand at least some of the impact this could bring down on your own kids, grand-kids and your neighbors'! The Orange One is like a impudent child with a hammer in a China shop playing whack a mole!
You seem to be of the same lot that people are incapable of negotiating for themselves. That they must pay dues to those easily corrupted to look out for them. Lol
These contractors (if it’s really their doing and not inflitrators) forget if they get their way, hours will have to be cut, independence of picking times to work, and tips to be shared will commence to help pay for those benefits they claim they want.

I'll take clean air. A nation can have both lots of jobs and clean air and water. Nice troll though

Er.. Are you're advocating that we adopt the Chicomm Labor Relations Model ?
I never said I'd copy everything China does, but I definitely applaud their common sense restrictions on unions. I also applaud their ability to realize job killing environmental laws are a bad thing.

So you don't believe that the right to free assembly should be honored and protected ? forming a union (or any other type of organization where members voluntarily join) is an exercise of that right.

Forum List

Back