Gimme Felafel!

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
Dec 30, 2011
Shanghai, China
I love Falafel. Falafel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprisingly, that and the best hummus I ever ate can be found in Bethelem, especially at a small restuarant just around the corner from the Church of the Nativity. I say surprisingly, because it is something you might expect to be bettered in Israel general, and not on the other side of the Wall.

Where was your best share in this fine delicacy? Or do you just know the politics, and nothing of the culture and food? That too is okay? Take it as a learning opportunity. There is so much more in common between these two peoples than media in the US and extremists in this area want us to know.

I make my own hummus. Taking a batch to my son and his family this weekend. This time I added red curry and coriander along with the cumin. It's a taste sensation. :thup:

I make my own hummus. Taking a batch to my son and his family this weekend. This time I added red curry and coriander along with the cumin. It's a taste sensation. :thup:

I believe you. My mouth is watering already just reading about it!

Yeah, falafel and chick pea sauce is great. Even for those of us who are not vegetarians, when combined with fries, rice, and salad, it makes a great meal. Definitely one of the tastier Middle Eastern foods.

The best falafel I've ever had was at a food cart near Lower Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley.

The best hummus was made by a friend.

Yeah, falafel and chick pea sauce is great. Even for those of us who are not vegetarians, when combined with fries, rice, and salad, it makes a great meal. Definitely one of the tastier Middle Eastern foods.

While in India the last few months, not eating any meat, whenever I could find falafel and hummus it seemed to curb the hunger for such. It does make what my stomach recognizes as a meal to satiate.

I need some recipes for hummus if any would like to share please?

Can chick peas drained (save liquid).
Juice of 1/2 lemon. Or moe if u like
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs sesame tahini
1/2 to 1 tsp cumin
Optional 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp, coriander, 1/2 tsp cayenne

It's a versatile recipe. Some plain yogurt will smooth it out. Put it in a food processor. If it seems thick add some of the saved liquid from the can.

I need some recipes for hummus if any would like to share please?

Can chick peas drained (save liquid).
Juice of 1/2 lemon. Or moe if u like
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs sesame tahini
1/2 to 1 tsp cumin
Optional 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp, coriander, 1/2 tsp cayenne

It's a versatile recipe. Some plain yogurt will smooth it out. Put it in a food processor. If it seems thick add some of the saved liquid from the can.

Thank you. I will certainly try that one.

Falafel and tahini sauce ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yumyumyumyumymymymymyym

I buy it ready at the supermarket, y buy humus too)
(tahini, it’s a dense paste made from crushed sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, and water)

If any of you can get to a kosher restaurant, there is nothing better than a dish of felaffel, hummus, olives, salads etc.

I openly admit I love Middle Eastern food! I simply love it!

I thought Italian food was my favorite, but in all honesty I have to say now that it's Middle Eastern food I am crazy about.... from all over that region .....In my opinion it's the most delicious food in this world! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

The best falafel I've ever had was at a food cart near Lower Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley.

The best hummus was made by a friend.

You wouldn't happen to know if that cart is still there, would you?

I have yet to find a good falafel place in the Bay, and I'd be very interested in this cart you speak of.

I'm actually gonna be near the Berkeley campus today, maybe I'll look for it - but it's a weekend, so I dunno.

Forum List

Back