Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

Conceding ever so slightly to flak he’s taken for calling child labor laws “stupid” and suggesting that schools fire janitors and replace with them poor kids, GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich got more specific today, saying working-class students should be limited to jobs like cleaning bathrooms. Bowing to concerns that janitorial work is dangerous, Gingrich floated, “What if they became assistant janitors and their jobs were to mop the floor and clean the bathroom?

And this is the GOP's "Great White Hope"? :cuckoo:

Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should 'Clean The Bathroom' | ThinkProgress

That's funny considering I spent two years in a school that made us clean everyday... They paid us of course. Hell, the school even manufactured things such as lamps which students were paid to manufacture.

Nothing wrong with that...

Child labor laws are stupid...

If a kid wants a job give him a job.... Back in the day kids used to work for extra money.

What's the difference between a parent paying their children to do house chores or them doing chores for someone else????

It's not exactly like we're talking about throwing kids in coal mines here, we're talking about cleaning bathrooms. :lol:

Yeah... personal responsibility is so darn stupid.

what is "personally responsible" about thrusting kids into semi-hazardous conditions?

Life is a semi-hazardous condition.

And no one has talked about forcing anything.

There is nothing wrong with work.

bullshit. Ready to make YOUR kids work on Department of Highway Transportation construction zones? Of course not. Your rationalized risk for OTHER peoples' kids speaks volumes.

Hey, no one FORCED kids to work coal mines and textile mills, right? But, what do you fucking know....

Liberals are hilarious. freaking out over kids having to clean toilets or JANITOR WORK.

my gawd that would be the END OF THE WORLD.

no wonder we have a generation of lazy spoiled kids. just look at the OWS.

The problem here is that these nutters want to employ working class children so they can earn money to help their hard-working parents feed and clothe them.

There is no mention of wealthy children working in a similar manner.

I worked in Japan for several years......a couple of them in a Japanese High School. The students there spend a few minutes each day cleaning the classrooms and common areas.....including restrooms. They are not paid....and ALL students are involved, regardless of their economic status.

In every Japanese neighborhood......rich and poor alike meet up twice per year to tend to overgrown lots and clean up river banks, etc. Nobody is paid......but if you don't participate, you are expected to pay up in lieu of your labor.

That is how one is taught personal responsibility...........not by trading labor for food. Assholes.

Imagine a kid working all of their life without having a childhood because some silly fucker decided that kids should work as early as possible in order to become someone successful.

"DANCE, Micheal! Stop being so fucking LAZY! You'll like where this ship is heading!"
13763_michael-jachson-childhood.jpg

And with any luck, they'll need to work until the age of 75 or 80. What a quality of life standard. Work, work, work.

Work is one of the best parts of life.

No, doing what you love is one of the best parts of life. And if one is lucky enough to get paid for it well than they've hit paydirt. I want the richest, greatest, smartest, most powerful nation to lessen the required years one must labor not increase.

Liberals are hilarious. freaking out over kids having to clean toilets or JANITOR WORK.

yea yea... toilets... textile mills... coal mines...

lazy spoiled kids!

:rofl:

what is "personally responsible" about thrusting kids into semi-hazardous conditions?

bullshit. Ready to make YOUR kids work on Department of Highway Transportation construction zones? Of course not. Your rationalized risk for OTHER peoples' kids speaks volumes.

Hey, no one FORCED kids to work coal mines and textile mills, right? But, what do you fucking know....

Again, caricatures and straw men are just signs that your argument is meritless

Imagine a kid working all of their life without having a childhood because some silly fucker decided that kids should work as early as possible in order to become someone successful.

"DANCE, Micheal! Stop being so fucking LAZY! You'll like where this ship is heading!"

the dramatics are touching. Kids did and do work on family farms, mom and pop owned stores, etc etc...get a friggen grip already.

"So stop crying, toddlers, and sweep that fucking chimney!"

You really don't honestly think you are arguing seriously when you have to create caricatures and straw men do you?

child labor laws are not strawmen anymore than the history of hazardous work environments which people like you have thrust kids into that caused them to become a legal reality. My caricatures are just poking fun at your refusal to acknowledge history.

:thup:

And with any luck, they'll need to work until the age of 75 or 80. What a quality of life standard. Work, work, work.

No, doing what you love is one of the best parts of life. And if one is lucky enough to get paid for it well than they've hit paydirt. I want the richest, greatest, smartest, most powerful nation to lessen the required years one must labor not increase.

Correct.

Nutters seem universal in their belief that only nutters are capable of hard work. They never seem to remember how much hard work is done in the rest of the world.....most of which is full of liberals.

"So stop crying, toddlers, and sweep that fucking chimney!"

You really don't honestly think you are arguing seriously when you have to create caricatures and straw men do you?

child labor laws are not strawmen anymore than the history of hazardous work environments which people like you have thrust kids into that caused them to become a legal reality. My caricatures are just poking fun at your refusal to acknowledge history.

:thup:

No. you making arguments against points that no one made are straw men.

Your refusal to discuss the actual topic just makes you look like a fool.

yea yea... toilets... textile mills... coal mines...

lazy spoiled kids!

:rofl:

If they get paid good...I really don't understand why 16 year old John shouldn't get a summer job in one of those, if he wishes.:eusa_whistle:

His choice of course, but that is what freedom is.

the dramatics are touching. Kids did and do work on family farms, mom and pop owned stores, etc etc...get a friggen grip already.

yea... with the rate that kids have been killed doing farm chores during the last 100 years i'd bring that up too.

:lol:

This stupid Gingrich says he WANTS TO FORCE KIDS to work crap was POSTED last week..and we had the same hysterics then as we do now.

way too funny. a real hoot.

Again, caricatures and straw men are just signs that your argument is meritless

You don't have to deal with my lampooning so much as you do the historic fact of what happened when we allowed children full access to the work force in the past.

feel free to dance however you need to, white boy.

This stupid Gingrich says he WANTS TO FORCE KIDS to work crap was POSTED last week..and we had the same hysterics then as we do now.

way too funny. a real hoot.

we're talking about child labor not your prom pictures, fatty.

Wouldn't it be better to work toward making it so John doesn't have to work in a mill until he is an adult? Can we agreee on that?

Forum List

Back