Gingrich--S.C debate-kicks CNN balls up to eyeballs over marital question.

I agree. When it comes to electing the leader of the free world, I want to know everything about that person. Character is as important to me as performance. Newt fails on so many levels.

Yeah, right, and I'll bet you didn't vote for Clinton.

If you're referring to Gennifer Flowers, no one was really able to substantiate his affair with her until he himself admitted to it during his second term during his depostion to lawyers regarding Paula Jones. The Monica Lewinsky affair also came to light during his second term.

You must be joking. They had a tape of Clinton coaching Flowers on how to handle media inquiries about their affair. Where do you think the phrase "deny, deny, deny" comes from? Why do you think Slick and Hillary had the "pretty in pink" interview where Hillary stood by her man?

Hindsight being 20/20, the Gennifer Flowers affair was a pretty good indication of Clinton's philandering ways..... Newt's philandering seems as bad if not worse. Had we known about Clinton, I certainly would not have voted for him. We already know about Newt. Do you still want to vote for him?

You are truly delusional. In addition to the Jennifer Flowers episode, Paula Jones had already given interviews about being sexually harassed. furthermore, Clinton's state trooper body guard had given interviews about all his sexual escapades. Clinton's sexual exploits were legion in Arkansas.

I personally don't give a crap about a man getting a divorce. I'm divorced myself.

Newt Gingrich has just single-handedly redefined the GOP definition of marriage:

One man, one woman, and as many mistresses as money can buy; followed by one man, another woman, and as many mistresses as money can buy; followed by one man and a third woman, and as much self-righteous attitude as one can muster.

I agree but also agree 100% with Gingrich's tongue lashing of the CNN moron.
Stupid question.

When did the media lead off with a question like that with Clinton?
EVER?
If you folks do not see a double standard at work here you are about as blind a moon bat as there is.

Newt's adultery: Forgive and forget? - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com

Newt is a low life scum bag.

Here is something that I consider closer to despicable: “Gingrich divorced his first wife, Jackie, as she was being treated for cancer,” ABC News reported, and he moved to divorce his second wife, Marianne, “just months after she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.”

But that is not despicable to Newt Gingrich. To him it is despicable that ABC put Marianne on the air saying that Gingrich had requested an “open marriage” so he could more easily pursue his multi-year affair with a congressional aide.

"But that is not despicable to Newt Gingrich"

When did he ever say he is not repulsed by the way he acted?

To the contrary, he has openly admitted to the hurt he created, has expressed remorse for it, admits he was very much in the wrong....and "claims" he has changed his ways for the better.

I say "claims" as the question is whether or not he really has...

But the point is he never said he did not find his actions of the past dispicable.

Newt had a choice last night: He could have humbled himself and admitted he made mistakes in the past... mistakes he's learned from and has grown into a stronger person. If he thinks he has any hope of becoming president, he will need to apologize for his infidelity over and over and over again if anyone is going to believe him.

Instead, he chose to deflect using a weapon of mass distraction: attack the "liberal media bias". It sure makes for a good conservative, rallying war-cry but it didn't address the question of his infidelity.

If it was a surprise to him last night that his infidelity was coming up as a topic, then he really doesn't have a clue on how to get his shit together. The fact that he failed to qualify on his home state's primary ballot already has him pegged as lame.

Why is it that people think that one mans flaws,crime, sin can justify another man flaws, crimes or sins?

If you fall into that kind of thinking, why be moral?

I recognize that Newt's 2nd ex is vengeful, (Was she one of Newt's mistress herself? I guess she finally figured out what Newt told his first wife when she was discovered!!) but was her claims so easily dismissed.

I don't think so

Stupid gossip is a pub voters' staple. Too bad they don't know about the Pubs' true policies, they just get the best liars who end up SCREWING all of us. Fecking morons...Newt is the biggest lying hypocrite to come down the pike in decades- his newest wife is hard to even look at...

Damm that was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
I almost had a Chris Mathews moment where something was happening in my pants..
It was totally awesome...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yeah, right, and I'll bet you didn't vote for Clinton.

If you're referring to Gennifer Flowers, no one was really able to substantiate his affair with her until he himself admitted to it during his second term during his depostion to lawyers regarding Paula Jones. The Monica Lewinsky affair also came to light during his second term.

You must be joking. They had a tape of Clinton coaching Flowers on how to handle media inquiries about their affair. Where do you think the phrase "deny, deny, deny" comes from? Why do you think Slick and Hillary had the "pretty in pink" interview where Hillary stood by her man?

Hindsight being 20/20, the Gennifer Flowers affair was a pretty good indication of Clinton's philandering ways..... Newt's philandering seems as bad if not worse. Had we known about Clinton, I certainly would not have voted for him. We already know about Newt. Do you still want to vote for him?

You are truly delusional. In addition to the Jennifer Flowers episode, Paula Jones had already given interviews about being sexually harassed. furthermore, Clinton's state trooper body guard had given interviews about all his sexual escapades. Clinton's sexual exploits were legion in Arkansas.

I personally don't give a crap about a man getting a divorce. I'm divorced myself.

So what? The Clinton administration did a better job of covering it up? Clinton's infidelity didn't seem like such a big deal at the time? Clinton lucked out too because the Democratic field of candidates during the 1992 primaries were a rather weak lot, not unlike this Republican primary. The point is, Clinton's infidelity hit the high note during his second term. Do you want to risk that with Gingrich? We already know Gingrich was as bad as Clinton if not worse in his sexual escapades. The fact that Gingrich was doing the same thing all the while spearheading the call to impeach Clinton doesn't make him look good at all.

So what? The Clinton administration did a better job of covering it up? Clinton's infidelity didn't seem like such a big deal at the time? Clinton lucked out too because the Democratic field of candidates during the 1992 primaries were a rather weak lot, not unlike this Republican primary. The point is, Clinton's infidelity hit the high note during his second term. Do you want to risk that with Gingrich? We already know Gingrich was as bad as Clinton if not worse in his sexual escapades. The fact that Gingrich was doing the same thing all the while spearheading the call to impeach Clinton doesn't make him look good at all.

Maybe not!

If Gingrich has an open marriage, he can tell the truth and the only people that are mad at him are the social conservatives.

Newt could have a Harem in the Whitehouse and brag about it, and no one can do a thing about it. A modern day Hugh Hefner minus the pictures!

Maybe not!

If Gingrich has an open marriage, he can tell the truth and the only people that are mad at him are the social conservatives.

Newt could have a Harem in the Whitehouse and brag about it, and no one can do a thing about it. A modern day Hugh Hefner minus the pictures!

What a strange comment.

The marital question was timely and worthy.

The reaction from the far right hypocrites demonstrate the truth of this.

And you morons want someone like Calista G as 1st lady: makes a decent person want to puke.

You really think that a woman who has such a proposition floated her way isn't going to tell someone else, especially if she finds it to be outrageous and objectionable?....If you believe that, I'll submit that you don't know jack schitt about women.

You really think that a woman is going to brag to family and "aquaintances" that her husband wants to cheat on her but stay married for appearances sake?? You don't think she might find that at all embarassing or shameful and not want people to know about it? That she never told these people about it doesn't make it untrue. However, you have your presumptions and that's goof enough for you.
I'm saying that a woman who is presented with such a proposition, who isn't good with it, is going to be disoriented to the point that she'll share it with someone, if for no better reason to gain some sense of grounding....The likelihood that such a person would be outside of blood family or close acquaintances is so negligible as to be near zero.

Much as I am personally repulsed by Gingrich, I don't believe a word of this tabloid swill.

and who is to say that IF she did share it with someone that it just happened to be one of the someones that came out and said it never happened?? Your entire argument is based on an assumption that she would have told someone when there is nothing to suggest that she did.
It is just as likely that she was too embarrassed to tell anyone as it is that she told ONE of the family and aquaintances that are now claiming it never happened. Both are assumptions and there is no substance to support either.

Last edited:
Uh how many divorced family members and former family members do you have that would merit such attention?? How many of them had the opportunity to be on national news to discuss their former marriages??

Personally I believe as I did when the republicans including newt went after clinton. What he does in his bedroom or outside of his marriage is his business and between him and his wife.

That being said, my problem with newt in this instance is that his position only seemed to change when his own personal life was put under the microscope. However, back when they were going after cllinton they had no problem bringing out women to go after clinton on national news.

Why wasn't he "appalled" back then?? It's great that republicans preach forgive and forget but the only pasts that they seem to want to forgive and forget are their own.

Your problem with Newt is that he's a Republican. No one went after Clinton for committing adultery. They went after him for perjury and obstruction of justice. Those who claim "it was just a blowjob" are lying libturd propagandists.

So I take it that you have NOTHING to say in that would address what i actually said?? Instead it appears that you would rather run with your baseless and hyperpartisan assumptions about what you think I believe??

Why is it so hard for your rightwingers to address what someone else actually says instead of desperately trying to put words in thier mouths??

Is your position really that indefensible??

John King is useless. These guys that try so hard to be "neutral" wind up getting stepped on.

Sure, Newt was all ready for the question, so he bullied his way out of answering, and of course, there would be no push back from King.

It's like the way he bullied Juan Williams earlier in the week. And then, the day after, someone in his crowd where he was speaking said

"You were great last night, Newt-- you really put [that little black boy] Juan Williams in his place."

Separate rest rooms, anyone?

So every "personal friend" of theirs had personal, intimate knowledge of their sex life?
This woman's two step-daughters wrote to the network to defend their daddy? So Newt pulled the ladies aside and told them that it wasn't true? "Daddy never asked Marianne if he could have a mistress. I promise you." Imagine contacting a network to defend your father on such a thing.

It's ALL CNN; even if you do get over 3,000 hits when you search "Newt Gingrich Open Marriage" under Google News.

Everyone in this room has experienced personal pain. WTF is he talking about? His first wife with cancer, or his second with with MS?

Gingrich is qualified to be president. But is he a "good" man?

Well, from everything I've read, he's pretty much been a career politician; which is something that many of us would like to move away from. He has played a part in making the mess that our country is currently in. Any disagreements with that?

A few feet away, another woman pulled a reporter aside and asked how many times Mr. Gingrich had been married. When told that the answer was three times, the woman said simply, “Oh.” (In 1981, he and his first wife, Jackie, divorced, and he married his second wife, Marianne, that year. In an episode often cited by his detractors, he visited Jackie in the hospital in 1980 while she was recovering from a cancer operation to discuss terms of their divorce. Mr. Gingrich disputes the account.)

New York Times, February 26, 2011

(How this went down could simply be a rumor. Or is it?)

businessweek.com 01/20/2012

Being an MS patient myself, he pretty much loses my vote automatically. Unless he presents some unique ideas about how to fix the mess in this country...I'm out on Mr. Gingrich. If he cares/cared so little for those he "loves/loved", do you think he cares about you, or any of us for that matter?

I could handle Herman Cain. At least he didn't respond with righteous indignation. The narcissism of this man is astounding. So he found God. Good for him. He's what...69 years old, or close? It's time. And it looks good politically on the topics of guns, God, and gays . Hopefully, that's not the only reason he's decided to embrace Catholicism.
I'd challenge Newt. Does he seem like a man who's found God? If so, please list what about him strikes you as godly? Or Christian or good to put it in better English.

It's interesting how morals don't seem quite so important to the right these days. I wonder why?

Because they never were.

It's always about 'your' morals. My morals are private. :eusa_whistle:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Nothing he does strikes me as godly. It just seems to me that he's embraced Catholicism for the same reason that he's embraced every other person or thing in his life--to benefit him in some way or another.

Forum List

Back