Give me a good reason illegal immigrants should be granted citizenship

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Make the case for granting citizenship. Not Dreamers...illegal immigrants.

And no "out of the shadows" argument...they can do that by going home...boom...out of the shadows.

And no "out of the shadows" argument...they can do that by going home...boom...out of the shadows.
Just to clarify, are you drawing a distinction between the "Dreamers", those brought here as children who have lived here most of their lives and identify as Americans, and other illegal immigrants who are here of their own volition ignoring our immigration laws and abusing our hospitality?

Because brown people can't take care of themselves

The Effects of Immigration on the United States’ Economy
"economic effects of immigration are clear: Economic analysis finds little support for the view that inflows of foreign labor have reduced jobs or Americans’ wages."
The article is from Wharton so pretty reliable.

Last edited:

Just to clarify, are you drawing a distinction between the "Dreamers", those brought here as children who have lived here most of their lives and identify as Americans, and other illegal immigrants who are here of their own volition ignoring our immigration laws and abusing our hospitality?

Correct.

Can't think of any reason to grant citizenship. Legal residency as guest workers perhaps, as long as they have a sponsor - and just them, not their entire families. People who want to be citizens should follow the legal path to that end. Undocumented aliens who are discovered should be deported.

I personally don't think that they should be granted citizenship.

I am fine with a pathway to permanent work status- but not citizenship.

Ah, so the left can pat themselves on the back for caring while exploiting illegals for cheap labor?

Wow- so you really believe that all of the farmers and factories and contractors that exploit illegal immigrants are 'the left'?

LOL

There are no good reasons. Not even for the so called dreamers. All of them can go back.

I personally don't think that they should be granted citizenship.

I am fine with a pathway to permanent work status- but not citizenship.
And they can get that work permit once they go back home and apply for and are granted one.

Forum List

Back