Gizmo review

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
So, I got me a wireless thermometer. Good for long cooks, and when opening the oven is a no-no. Got the base model:
Did a test run on a pork loin. If it went bad, no biggie. Pretty cool. Gives internal and ambient temps, and estimated cook time:
Screenshot_20201210-184929.jpg

Also, the all important resting time:
Screenshot_20201210-190106.jpg

Screenshot_20201210-191953.jpg

Roast came out good. Next test is on the grill. Range is an issue, but that can be addressed with a second device, such as your tablet. Wifi required. The plus model allegedly has addressed this. Not a silver bullet, but useful to everyone from novice to pro.

Updates to follow...

I use a wireless thermometer I've had it for thirty years. You stick it in the meat and read the temperature on a scale....Same with my candy thermometer that is wireless....

It is something I need. My cooking skills need help. I am a bachelor have to feed myself .Cant stand my own cooking. I will get one on my Christmas shopping trip.

I use a wireless thermometer I've had it for thirty years. You stick it in the meat and read the temperature on a scale....Same with my candy thermometer that is wireless....
The temp probe is wired on yours.
No, it was made thirty five years ago when they did have them..It is wireless though..
Interesting. How does the temperature probe transmit to the receiver? I was unaware this technology was available 35 years ago.

I bought it out of boredom lol.
And my old thermometers probe wire got gnawed up from getting pinched in the grill lid. Check Meater or Yummly. Pretty cool tech.

Last edited:
The temp probe is wired on yours.
No, it was made thirty five years ago when they did have them..It is wireless though..
Interesting. How does the temperature probe transmit to the receiver? I was unaware this technology was available 35 years ago.
Well, it works better than pokin' yer finger in da meat...

veegee2inchthermometers-ld.jpg

See, no wires....

I've thought about these wireless temp probes but I've heard bad things about em.
And the price is pretty steep.
I waited til black Friday, paid 59 bucks.

I've still read they're inaccurate.
I dont mind paying top dollar for temp gages.
I've spent well over 600 bucks for my ThermoWorks
Impressive.

It really isnt impressive.
I've had these monitors for 8 years.

So, I got me a wireless thermometer. Good for long cooks, and when opening the oven is a no-no. Got the base model:
Did a test run on a pork loin. If it went bad, no biggie. Pretty cool. Gives internal and ambient temps, and estimated cook time:
View attachment 427555
Also, the all important resting time:
View attachment 427556
View attachment 427557

Roast came out good. Next test is on the grill. Range is an issue, but that can be addressed with a second device, such as your tablet. Wifi required. The plus model allegedly has addressed this. Not a silver bullet, but useful to everyone from novice to pro.

Updates to follow...

Pupps has alternative uses in mind.

Forum List

Back