Glad the people of South Carolina can finally show the nation how to reject federal funds.

obama voted against aid to katrina victims...

you guys have selective memories...if it's "YOUR" party they're golden...LMAO..
Bull.

Bolling Falsely Accuses Obama Of Voting Against Katrina Relief Funds

While Obama voted against the 2007 supplemental spending bill Eric Bolling is referring to, he voted for the other version of the supplemental bill that included both a timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq and a waiver for the Stafford Act that would provide relief to New Orleans.

In fact, Obama was a strong, consistent proponent of waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina recovery. According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune (accessed via Nexis), Obama had called for unrestricted relief funding in January of 2007:

Bull

U.S. Senate: Roll Call Vote

They are hypocrites of the highest order, and absolutely shameful human beings for having wanted to deprive disaster relief to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Nevertheless, disaster relief should not be hindered to South Carolina today on account of the foolishness of these six people.

In this case, maybe it should.

The people of South Carolina sent those dipshits to the Congress.

Let them wade in their own folly.
If that's the case then let's cut off welfare to all ghettos. Let them wallow in their bullet infested hell hole.

Was any intimidate aid denied to the NY area right after Sandy?

No.

The vote was on a bill so laden with pork and bloat, that was set up well after the actual emergency response that it doesn't even qualify as "emergency".

You are comparing apples and oranges.

They are hypocrites of the highest order, and absolutely shameful human beings for having wanted to deprive disaster relief to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Nevertheless, disaster relief should not be hindered to South Carolina today on account of the foolishness of these six people.

In this case, maybe it should.

The people of South Carolina sent those dipshits to the Congress.

Let them wade in their own folly.

Oh, stop it!
Nope. It's time the people of South Carolina were made to walk the walk.

That is one seriously fucked up state.

No, it isn't time for the people of SC to 'walk the walk'. I am not going to forsake the people of South Carolina b/c the two parties are playing childish partisan politics with their relief.
It's time for South Carolina to learn the meaning of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

They elected these cretins.

No money for you!

I am not willing to punish innocents just to make a political point. Perhaps that makes me a 'political fool' but at least I'll be a 'compassionate, political fool' at the end of the day.

Bull.

While Obama voted against the 2007 supplemental spending bill Eric Bolling is referring to, he voted for the other version of the supplemental bill that included both a timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq and a waiver for the Stafford Act that would provide relief to New Orleans.

In fact, Obama was a strong, consistent proponent of waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina recovery. According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune (accessed via Nexis), Obama had called for unrestricted relief funding in January of 2007:

obama has threatened states with cutting off funding to them on any number of other issues idiot, from the obamacare vote to EPA regulations.....etc

who are you trying to fool/??

No.

The vote was on a bill so laden with pork and bloat, that was set up well after the actual emergency response that it doesn't even qualify as "emergency".

clinton also voted against aid to katrina victims...schumer abstained/didn't vote...

No.

He doesn't care he just wants to punish white conservatives. Gotta help Obama keep his campaign promise to fundamentally change America

Bull.

obama has threatened states with cutting off funding to them on any number of other issues idiot, from the obamacare vote to EPA regulations.....etc

who are you trying to fool/??
Himself

Actually no.

I want the folks who are in love with "small government" rely on the state government they hold so dear.

And see how that works out for them.

You want them to suffer for disagreeing with you. I see.

If you were smart, you'd see this as an opportunity to demonstrate how a more involved federal government can help the people, and in doing so you could win over hearts and minds. But you prefer to focus on petty suffering and vengeance. Good luck with that.

Why they voted against it.
"Being from South Carolina, I can understand the need for disaster relief,” said Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC). “However, we're over $16 trillion in debt, and this bill did not offset the disaster relief funds with spending cuts in other areas.”
At least some R's are trying to not add more to the debt. The Dems keep wanting to add more to it.

Actually no.

I want the folks who are in love with "small government" rely on the state government they hold so dear.

And see how that works out for them.

You want them to suffer for disagreeing with you. I see.

If you were smart, you'd see this as an opportunity to demonstrate how a more involved federal government can help the people, and in doing so you could win over hearts and minds. But you prefer to focus on petty suffering and vengeance. Good luck with that.

I want them to live with their decisions.

It's as simple as that.

Why they voted against it.
"Being from South Carolina, I can understand the need for disaster relief,” said Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC). “However, we're over $16 trillion in debt, and this bill did not offset the disaster relief funds with spending cuts in other areas.”
At least some R's are trying to not add more to the debt. The Dems keep wanting to add more to it.

And that was a ridiculous stance.

Forum List

Back