Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

Thats about it and it has nothing to do with left or right nutters. You should not be sharing personal family conversations with the public and not expect it to be a topic of discussion. If you bring it to the ring its fair game.

That makes absolutely no sense. That's like saying if a celebrity takes their kid out in public, and the media shows up, that makes them swarming all over the kid fair game.

People tend to forget that it doesn't matter what is brought into the public circle when it comes to family, point is, you don't attack someone's family. It's unwarranted, no matter how many conservations Obama or Palin bring up. You can disagree with them doing so, but attacking the kids is completely unnecessary on every level.

Thats about it and it has nothing to do with left or right nutters. You should not be sharing personal family conversations with the public and not expect it to be a topic of discussion. If you bring it to the ring its fair game.

That makes absolutely no sense. That's like saying if a celebrity takes their kid out in public, and the media shows up, that makes them swarming all over the kid fair game.

People tend to forget that it doesn't matter what is brought into the public circle when it comes to family, point is, you don't attack someone's family. It's unwarranted, no matter how many conservations Obama or Palin bring up. You can disagree with them doing so, but attacking the kids is completely unnecessary on every level.

Not exactly a good example. The obamas have taken their children out in public and they have never been a topic of ridicule.

Daddy using his daughter as a topic for national issues is different thing all together.

Not exactly a good example. The obamas have taken their children out in public and they have never been a topic of ridicule.

Daddy using his daughter as a topic for national issues is different thing all together.

Right.

The Raw Story Freepers refuse to apologize for calling Malia Obama ‘a typical street whore’

An article that appeared in the Vancouver Sun on Sunday described a thread entitled "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds," in which a discussion arose surrounding a photo of 11-year-old Malia Obama wearing a t-shirt featuring the peace sign.

Among the comments on that thread, according to the Sun, were: "A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.
After attention from other blogs, the thread was suppressed and placed under review, but before long it was returned to the site intact, and attracted a new series of racial slurs when the original complaint email was posted publicly to the site, with the sender's email address intact

You have no evidence regarding exactly who posted those vile remarks.

It was all over the news months ago. The original thread has been long since deleted. Point is, the majority of the comments as noted, nobody said those comments were wrong.

I know you want to rush to Free Republic's defense, but it's not a good idea since they were totally in the wrong.

Right.

The Raw Story Freepers refuse to apologize for calling Malia Obama ‘a typical street whore’

An article that appeared in the Vancouver Sun on Sunday described a thread entitled "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds," in which a discussion arose surrounding a photo of 11-year-old Malia Obama wearing a t-shirt featuring the peace sign.

Among the comments on that thread, according to the Sun, were: "A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.
After attention from other blogs, the thread was suppressed and placed under review, but before long it was returned to the site intact, and attracted a new series of racial slurs when the original complaint email was posted publicly to the site, with the sender's email address intact

Again the difference is who is doing the ridiculing? Is the media calling his children "ghetto street trash" or nuts on the web?

If daddy uses his daughters at a national press conference that is daddy's fault. Daddy is the one who opened them up for comment.

Who in their right mind picks on an 11 year old to make political points?

Ummmmm... Obama did, thats who!

Who in their right mind picks on an 11 year old to make political points?

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

x2...... I heard the program, and I see it the same way. HE WAS MOCKING OBAMA - not his daughter. (In fact, I think it was Elmo they were acting like :lol: )

It was all over the news months ago. The original thread has been long since deleted. Point is, the majority of the comments as noted, nobody said those comments were wrong.

I know you want to rush to Free Republic's defense, but it's not a good idea since they were totally in the wrong.

I don't read or post at Free Republic. But anybody can create an account on a forum. You have no proof regarding the identity or political orientation those who posted.

This board has a reputation for being right wing - yet there are a great many members across the political spectrum who post here.

Again the difference is who is doing the ridiculing? Is the media calling his children "ghetto street trash" or nuts on the web?

If daddy uses his daughters at a national press conference that is daddy's fault. Daddy is the one who opened them up for comment.

:cuckoo: Nuts on the web. However, just because you have a radio show does not give you an excuse to go ahead and make tasteless comments about someone else's family.

You're trying to place blame on Obama for Beck's tasteless comments, that's totally idiotic. Glenn Beck is responsibility for his own words, nobody else is.

:cuckoo: Nuts on the web. However, just because you have a radio show does not give you an excuse to go ahead and make tasteless comments about someone else's family.

You're trying to place blame on Obama for Beck's tasteless comments, that's totally idiotic. Glenn Beck is responsibility for his own words, nobody else is.

On the contrary. Daddy set the stage for the tasteless comments. If daddy had not used his daughter, there would have been no comments to make.

Yes, I am placing the blame squarely on daddy. Daddy put his daughters comments out there as fodder for public comments. If daddy had not made such comments about his daughter then beck would have had nothing to say at all about the poor girl.

I don't read or post at Free Republic. But anybody can create an account on a forum. You have no proof regarding the identity or political orientation those who posted.

This board has a reputation for being right wing - yet there are a great many members across the political spectrum who post here.

Actually, I was referring specifically to this:

Moderators of the blog left the comments - and commenters - in place until a complaint was lodged by a writer doing research on the conservative movement, almost a full day later.

After attention from other blogs, the thread was suppressed and placed under review, but before long it was returned to the site intact, and attracted a new series of racial slurs when the original complaint email was posted publicly to the site, with the sender's email address intact.

The nuts are responsibility for their own comments. However, considering the fact that their fellow members did not call them out on it, makes the case that it wasn't frowned upon.

However, the fact the complaint email with the email address was posted publicly on the website is a horrible abuse of trust in the moderation of the website. In comparison, that would be like if you lodged a complaint here at USMB and then a moderator reposted it to one of the subforums for it to be ridiculed.

Actually, I was referring specifically to this:

Moderators of the blog left the comments - and commenters - in place until a complaint was lodged by a writer doing research on the conservative movement, almost a full day later.

After attention from other blogs, the thread was suppressed and placed under review, but before long it was returned to the site intact, and attracted a new series of racial slurs when the original complaint email was posted publicly to the site, with the sender's email address intact.

The nuts are responsibility for their own comments. However, considering the fact that their fellow members did not call them out on it, makes the case that it wasn't frowned upon.

However, the fact the complaint email with the email address was posted publicly on the website is a horrible abuse of trust in the moderation of the website. In comparison, that would be like if you lodged a complaint here at USMB and then a moderator reposted it to one of the subforums for it to be ridiculed.

And there are never any threads here which contain offensive slurs.

:eusa_whistle:

On the contrary. Daddy set the stage for the tasteless comments. If daddy had not used his daughter, there would have been no comments to make.

Yes, I am placing the blame squarely on daddy. Daddy put his daughters comments out there as fodder for public comments. If daddy had not made such comments about his daughter then beck would have had nothing to say at all about the poor girl.

All I see what you're doing is making excuses for Glenn Beck. Way I was raised, I'm the only one responsible for my comments. This is what's wrong with America today, people want to blame others but not take responsibility for their own words or actions. It wasn't Obama's fault that Glenn Beck made the tasteless comments. Glenn Beck should of been an adult and kept his damn mouth shut about it in the first place.

And there are never any threads here which contain offensive slurs.

:eusa_whistle:

Irrelevant. Especially since you'll see most of the like-minded posts here frown upon it.

However, it was good that you saw that I was right about where Free Republic went wrong on this and did not take your argument further.

You still have not provided proof regarding the political orientation of those who actually posted the slurs.

Just sayin'.

You still have not provided proof regarding the political orientation of those who actually posted the slurs.

Just sayin'.

Like I said before, the nuts are responsible for their own comments. I don't care what their political orientation is because I'm not a hack. It's wrong. I don't care if they're Liberals even, wrong is wrong.

I'm merely saying that on a Conservative website (Free Republic), only one out of one hundred comments condemning the racism says something. That's a fact. Just not about politics either.

It's obvious that syrenn doesn't have children from the stupid statements she's making about Obama and his mentioning his daughter being concerned about the Gulf.

Syrenn.........please don't have children, it's obvious your empathy is at zero.

Forum List

Back