Glitches are Getting Fixed

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
It just took me less than 5 minutes to create an account at Healthcare.gov and I live in NJ, which is on the same server as 34 states. So the glitches, as predicted, are being rapidly repaired.

For all those who are on Medicare or looking to enroll soon (because I seriously doubt this board is peopled by millennials or gen-Xers) just remember, Medicare had it's rough, bumpy start, too. You're just not the ones who had to break ground with it, you are the beneficiaries, however.

"Good enough for government work."

We s[ent 640 million dollars on a giant turd. Glad they're getting it polished up.

Having been involved in the construction of many new machine systems, I can tell clearly that nothing ever starts just as planned. There is always something that wasn't planned right, or something, particularly in automated systems, that affects something else in an unforeseen manner. And there are always the nutters out in right field shouting that "I told you it wouldn't work", even as the corrections are being made.

We s[ent 640 million dollars on a giant turd. Glad they're getting it polished up.

Stop drinking the Tea. That $600M figure has been debunked already. Another myth tossed out like chum to the trained seals of the far right.

$93M ObamaCare website may face months of glitches, experts warn

WASHINGTON – The $93 million website launched to process customers through the new ObamaCare marketplace may experience significant technical glitches for months, computer software experts told FoxNews.com.

Home Page.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/09/3-million-obamacare-website-may-face-months-glitches-experts-warn/

Last edited:

If I had an asshole like you on a crew of mine, you would be walking down the road talking to yourself within an hour. A new system has glitchs. That is what happens with new systems. And the glitchs are being fixed by people with skills you would never understand. Are not even capable of understanding. All people like you do is stand on the sidelines and denigrate the Real Americans that do the actual work that makes this nation work.

I am completely signed up. Took me less than 10 minutes. The verification process seems to rely on data from the credit bureaus, so I didn't have to provide a photo, just confirmed previous addresses.

we were called into work last Saturday to be told our health insurance rates were going up
My employer informed us that his rate will be going up a lot.

...and you say the glitch has been fixed....errr right

It just took me less than 5 minutes to create an account at Healthcare.gov and I live in NJ, which is on the same server as 34 states. So the glitches, as predicted, are being rapidly repaired.

For all those who are on Medicare or looking to enroll soon (because I seriously doubt this board is peopled by millennials or gen-Xers) just remember, Medicare had it's rough, bumpy start, too. You're just not the ones who had to break ground with it, you are the beneficiaries, however.

I have to say, I am pretty surprised by the glitches. A casual viewing of the "Last Word" on MSNBC and the "ED show" during the time these folks set up free health clinics would have put on display who many people were actually desperate for these services.

And I am wondering who they hired to set up these servers and applications, what sort of capacity testing was done and how they handled Quality Assurance.

They were plenty of unemployed IT people from the Financial Industry that cut their teeth on doing this exact thing. And they handle billions of transactions without a hitch.

we were called into work last Saturday to be told our health insurance rates were going up
My employer informed us that his rate will be going up a lot.

...and you say the glitch has been fixed....errr right

Errr.....I am talking about the healthcare.gov website, not your employer, in case you didn't notice.

Sorry, you're right. 332 million and counting....

Post a link? Or are you more comfortable mouthing rumors from bloggers?
Oops, answered my own question.

Obamacare's broken website cost more than LinkedIn, Spotify combined | Digital Trends

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov and its related systems is difficult to determine due to the expansive nature of the project and the murky details in federal budgets. But based on the figures and details available, here is my best estimate of what this flawed system has cost us: The most clear data comes from a U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report from June (pdf), which states that the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) spent “almost $394 million from fiscal year 2010 through March 2013 through contracts” to build the “federally facilitated exchanges” (FFEs) – the complex system that includes Healthcare.gov as well as certain state-based exchanges – the data hub, and other expenditures related to the Obamacare exchange system. While GAO states that the “highest volume” of that $394 million was related to the development of “information technology systems,” a more detailed look at that cost shows that a portion that $394 million was spent on things like call centers and collection services. Take that out, and you’re left with roughly $363 million spent on technology-related costs to the healthcare exchanges – the bulk of which ($88 million) went to CGI Federal, the company awarded a $93.7 million contract to build Healthcare.gov and other technology portions of the FFEs.

The GAO is spreading rumors again..... :lmao:

I have to say, I am pretty surprised by the glitches. A casual viewing of the "Last Word" on MSNBC and the "ED show" during the time these folks set up free health clinics would have put on display who many people were actually desperate for these services.

And I am wondering who they hired to set up these servers and applications, what sort of capacity testing was done and how they handled Quality Assurance.

They were plenty of unemployed IT people from the Financial Industry that cut their teeth on doing this exact thing. And they handle billions of transactions without a hitch.

I was not surprised at all about the site freezing and crashing. Since when has any entity had to deal with announcing a roll-out at a specific hour on a specific day that was going to be accessed by millions all at once? Even Google, Facebook and Amazon were able to ramp up in tandem with their increasing traffic over time.

The contract was given to the American subsidiary of a Canadian programming company that had set up the entire internet presence for Canadian national health care system. As much as I would have liked to have seen a sole American entity providing this service, I will be the first to say that the programming geniuses in this country are primarily from India and China and are all on B-1 visas. So it made since to bring in a group who had created and programmed a website(s) that was already available from Canada. Given that, I would like French and Swiss health care over American, too.

I am completely signed up. Took me less than 10 minutes. The verification process seems to rely on data from the credit bureaus, so I didn't have to provide a photo, just confirmed previous addresses.

What is your subsidized percentage that your paying? Break it down for us.

If I had an asshole like you on a crew of mine, you would be walking down the road talking to yourself within an hour. A new system has glitchs. That is what happens with new systems. And the glitchs are being fixed by people with skills you would never understand. Are not even capable of understanding. All people like you do is stand on the sidelines and denigrate the Real Americans that do the actual work that makes this nation work.

Hey shit-for-brains,

The Obamacare computer system was built by a group from Canada...not the good old U.S. of A. Obama even screwed that up. :(

Sorry, you're right. 332 million and counting....

Post a link? Or are you more comfortable mouthing rumors from bloggers?
Oops, answered my own question.

Obamacare's broken website cost more than LinkedIn, Spotify combined | Digital Trends

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov and its related systems is difficult to determine due to the expansive nature of the project and the murky details in federal budgets. But based on the figures and details available, here is my best estimate of what this flawed system has cost us: The most clear data comes from a U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report from June (pdf), which states that the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) spent “almost $394 million from fiscal year 2010 through March 2013 through contracts” to build the “federally facilitated exchanges” (FFEs) – the complex system that includes Healthcare.gov as well as certain state-based exchanges – the data hub, and other expenditures related to the Obamacare exchange system. While GAO states that the “highest volume” of that $394 million was related to the development of “information technology systems,” a more detailed look at that cost shows that a portion that $394 million was spent on things like call centers and collection services. Take that out, and you’re left with roughly $363 million spent on technology-related costs to the healthcare exchanges – the bulk of which ($88 million) went to CGI Federal, the company awarded a $93.7 million contract to build Healthcare.gov and other technology portions of the FFEs.

The GAO is spreading rumors again..... :lmao:

As Fox stated, the WEBSITE was $93M. So there was supposed to be nothing or no one behind the website? No infrastructure? And that's how the new health care system is supposed to work. Like Facebook? I see.

Having designed installed and maintained said automation systems for 30 + years you would have never made the team,one look at someone that is willing to set a 50 million ton machine on a sand foundation would be rejected before it even got gong.

Smart people have a working plan before they start building.

Forum List

Back