🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Global Cooling:

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Wait a minute! All I've been reading about is how evil Mankind is spoiling our home planet and we'll be facing cataclysmal heating causes the poles to melt and flood the coasts. What are these “scientists” talking about?

Decade long ice age predicted as sun 'hibernates'

SCIENTISTS claim we are in for a decade-long freeze as the sun slows down solar activity by up to 60 per cent.

Read more @ GLOBAL COOLING: Decade long ice age predicted as sun 'hibernates'

Wait a minute! All I've been reading about is how evil Mankind is spoiling our home planet and we'll be facing cataclysmal heating causes the poles to melt and flood the coasts. What are these “scientists” talking about?

SCIENTISTS claim we are in for a decade-long freeze as the sun slows down solar activity by up to 60 per cent.

Is an 11 year solar cycle of actvitity. Can see it represented by sun spots here,
SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

"Spotless Days
Current Stretch: 0 days
2015 total: 0 days (0%)
2014 total: 1 day (<1%)
2013 total: 0 days (0%)
2012 total: 0 days (0%)
2011 total: 2 days (<1%)
2010 total: 51 days (14%)
2009 total: 260 days (71%)"

The Sun isn't hibernating or doing anything else of the sort.

You are such a racist...umm a liar....ummm A GLOBAL WARMING DENIER! Your source is not credible....ummm...b---b---b---but what about BUSH?!

Did I miss anything? :p

No. You hit on most of the standard gutless denier dodges and evasions. You've been trained well by your cult masters in the arts of derailing intelligent conversation. But then, it's the best you can do, being you're so staggeringly ignorant of the actual science.

Now, let's get back to the topic you're trying so hard to evade.

Given how deniers have been failing so completely for decades with their constant predictions of an imminent ice age, why should anyone not instantly assume they're just delusional cranks?

Now, the quote in the OP was poorly stated. Solar activity down 60%? That's vague and meaningless, and it was left unexplained. What is "activity"? If solar output dropped 60%, the whole earth would quickly freeze solid. The article writer was clearly not familiar with science, as a good writer would have clarified that.

In general, the science involved looks like curve fitting, which never turns out well. That is, try to match cyclic curves to the past, and then project them into the future, a technique referred to as "Mathturbation".

You are such a racist...umm a liar....ummm A GLOBAL WARMING DENIER! Your source is not credible....ummm...b---b---b---but what about BUSH?!

Did I miss anything? :p

No. You hit on most of the standard gutless denier dodges and evasions. You've been trained well by your cult masters in the arts of derailing intelligent conversation. But then, it's the best you can do, being you're so staggeringly ignorant of the actual science.

Now, let's get back to the topic you're trying so hard to evade.

Given how deniers have been failing so completely for decades with their constant predictions of an imminent ice age, why should anyone not instantly assume they're just delusional cranks?

Now, the quote in the OP was poorly stated. Solar activity down 60%? That's vague and meaningless, and it was left unexplained. What is "activity"? If solar output dropped 60%, the whole earth would quickly freeze solid. The article writer was clearly not familiar with science, as a good writer would have clarified that.

In general, the science involved looks like curve fitting, which never turns out well. That is, try to match cyclic curves to the past, and then project them into the future, a technique referred to as "Mathturbation".
almost this entire post could easily be slapped back at you changing cooling to warming. And?

Yet more evidence that something as complex and poorly understood as the global climate is not well suited for simplistic political solutions.

I purposely did not indicate I supported or denied the essay I only posted it for informative purposes.

My own opinion is that this planet's weather is still so complex that it cannot accurately be predicted beyond what can not be directly seen from the sattelites in orbit.

I purposely did not indicate I supported or denied the essay I only posted it for informative purposes.

My own opinion is that this planet's weather is still so complex that it cannot accurately be predicted beyond what can not be directly seen from the sattelites in orbit.

With the science not settled and much to be done why do you support killing the US economy and redistributing the wealth of the US to others? Your position on this matter has been seen from other threads.

The models all fail because those who built them have an incomplete understanding of the systems, yet you support killing our economy, jobs and standard of living. Why?

PRESS RELEASE: Solar Industry Creating Jobs Nearly 20 Times Faster than Overall U.S. Economy | The Solar Foundation

WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 15, 2015 – The Solar Foundation (TSF), an independent nonprofit solar research and education organization, today released its fifth annual National Solar Jobs Census<http://TheSolarFoundation.org>.

The Census found that the U.S. solar industry employed 173,807 Americans in 2014, a figure that includes the addition of more than 31,000 solar jobs over the previous year, representing 21.8 percent growth in solar industry employment since November 2013. Solar employment grew nearly 20 times faster than the national average employment growth rate of 1.1 percent in the same period.

Does this look like killing jobs? Another silly Billy lie.

American wind energy rebounded in 2014; “wind rush” underway in Texas

April 15, 2015

Houston, Apr. 15 – American wind industry jobs and turbine deployment regained momentum heading into 2015, the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) reported today in releasing its 2014 results in the U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report.

The U.S. wind industry added 23,000 jobs in 2014, boosting the sector’s total to 73,000 jobs. 2015 began with 12,700 MW of wind projects under construction, a record for the start of any year.

“These results show that extending the Production Tax Credit for wind power in 2013 was good for business in America,” said Tom Kiernan, CEO of AWEA. “We’ve got a mainstream, Made-in-the-USA product that supports jobs in every state and is gaining momentum. With a more predictable policy we can add more jobs and keep this American success story going.”

Adding jobs at this rate makes the projected jobs for that pipeline look pretty damned anemic.

PRESS RELEASE: Solar Industry Creating Jobs Nearly 20 Times Faster than Overall U.S. Economy | The Solar Foundation

WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 15, 2015 – The Solar Foundation (TSF), an independent nonprofit solar research and education organization, today released its fifth annual National Solar Jobs Census<http://TheSolarFoundation.org>.

The Census found that the U.S. solar industry employed 173,807 Americans in 2014, a figure that includes the addition of more than 31,000 solar jobs over the previous year, representing 21.8 percent growth in solar industry employment since November 2013. Solar employment grew nearly 20 times faster than the national average employment growth rate of 1.1 percent in the same period.

Does this look like killing jobs? Another silly Billy lie.

And how many real jobs are lost to your green energy lie and regulations...?? three times those you claim to create.. So who is lying libtard? it isn't me..

Ha! The models show the Sun has no effect on climate, DENIER!!

TIM-TSI-Reconstruction1.jpg

The lady says here freeze will last ten years - that's one of the ticks along the bottom of this graph. And Frank, read the numbers on the left edge. The entire range of fluctuation this graphic shows is 2 / 1,362 watts per square meter. That is a change of 0.15%. Do you think the Earth is going to ice over from such a change? Do you think such a change is going to overwhelm the increased forcing from a >42% change in CO2? And how long has enhanced CO2 forcing been in effect? 50 years? And how long will it remain in effect, best case? 200 years?

TIM-TSI-Reconstruction1.jpg

The lady says here freeze will last ten years - that's one of the ticks along the bottom of this graph. And Frank, read the numbers on the left edge. The entire range of fluctuation this graphic shows is 2 / 1,362 watts per square meter. That is a change of 0.15%. Do you think the Earth is going to ice over from such a change? Do you think such a change is going to overwhelm the increased forcing from a >42% change in CO2? And how long has enhanced CO2 forcing been in effect? 50 years? And how long will it remain in effect, best case? 200 years?

TY Crick for showing us that the AGWCult can "prove" the Sun has no effect on Earth's climate

BTW, this made me LOL -- out loud "...increased forcing from a >42% change in CO2"

Of the 15 warmest years on record, all but one occured in the 21st century. And that one occurred in 1998. Does that look like cooling? And 2014, 2015, and it appears that 2016 will be the three warmest years on record. Now that is some cooling trend. Mr. Westwall, what was that again?

Global Analysis - Annual 2015 | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Doubling Down on the "Sun has no effect on Climate, CO2 easily swamps whatever puny effect the Sun tries to have on our climate"

Maybe that's why we have a 2 decade pause that you had to assume away, dingbat

Now Frankie boi, that is not what Crick demonstrated. What that graph shows is that the present solar fluctuations are now driving the present warming, and certainly, are not going to create a cooling.

Forum List

Back