GM laying off staff in software and services division- Did Trump just gain 600 voters from Michigan?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I am not going to suggest that the Free Market doesn't have to work. I am going to suggest that China is flooding the auto industry. You should see some of the new models they have in China, they look awfully similar to German made vehicles. As soon as Germany entered the U.S market, China started to steal IP and produce similar vehicles. Probably even functionally comparable engines for all we know.

GM cutting some jobs. I suppose the U.S consumer isn't as strong as it once was.

CNBC reported on Monday that the layoffs will impact a total of more than 1,000 workers within the automaker’s software and services unit. They are global in nature.

GM said the company "must simplify for speed and excellence, make bold choices, and prioritize the investments that will have the greatest impact" as the company "build GM's future."

If these are the norm, maybe if there is a big turn out, only 350 of them vote.

But in the end this was done to increase "shareholder value". People who never lift a finger to create a single car wanted more money.

If these are the norm, maybe if there is a big turn out, only 350 of them vote.

But in the end this was done to increase "shareholder value". People who never lift a finger to create a single car wanted more money.
Shareholders should be on the production line earning the pittance the assembly workers do.

No. People won't be voting for an administration that will increase incentives for corporations to lay of people to increase shareholder value.

I am not going to suggest that the Free Market doesn't have to work. I am going to suggest that China is flooding the auto industry. You should see some of the new models they have in China, they look awfully similar to German made vehicles. As soon as Germany entered the U.S market, China started to steal IP and produce similar vehicles. Probably even functionally comparable engines for all we know.

GM cutting some jobs. I suppose the U.S consumer isn't as strong as it once was.

CNBC reported on Monday that the layoffs will impact a total of more than 1,000 workers within the automaker’s software and services unit. They are global in nature.

GM said the company "must simplify for speed and excellence, make bold choices, and prioritize the investments that will have the greatest impact" as the company "build GM's future."

If your would read your own link you would see they did not say they were laying off all 600.

No confused one, it is not fake news

The layoffs affect 600 employees in Warren, Michigan, where GM has its Global Technical Center. The automaker didn't specify the overall number affected by the cuts.

GM plants closed when the dooshbag was in office. And you ask dumb fucking questions.

GM plants closed when the dooshbag was in office. And you ask dumb fucking questions.

Wait now. I just report the facts. Will they vote Democrat or support Trump and a recharged economy?

Clearly the economy isn't as strong as some are promoting. Not that most don't understand this even after $7T was borrowed and flooded into the economy.

Wait now. I just report the facts. Will they vote Democrat or support Trump and a recharged economy?

Clearly the economy isn't as strong as some are promoting. Not that most don't understand this even after $7T was borrowed and flooded into the economy.

You did not report the facts, the facts are they did not say how many of the 600 were being laid off.

You lied

Forum List

Back