GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

Yeah... except there is overwhelming testimony out there of ACTUAL EV truck owners who say differently.
If you fill a gas tank of an ICE truck... and tow something, you are not going to run out of gas in 90 miles. Not going to happen.
Yet, there are literally 100s of EV owners loudly complaining about losing way more mileage that the industry says they will get.
This is just one video.
I could easily post up 50 and more just like it
The data indicate otherwise. Have you considered an actual technical explanation as to why what you claim might be so? Compare the effects of changing loads on ICEs and electric motors. I think you will find that the physics gives very good reasons for the effects on mileage and range to be similar and no reason for things to be the way you suggest.

You have yet to make a comment on the effects of towed loads on ICE vehicles. Why is that?

Totally absurd. This is not how and where electric vehicles will be of help in providing a more cheerful future.

The data indicate otherwise. Have you considered an actual technical explanation as to why what you claim might be so? Compare the effects of changing loads on ICEs and electric motors. I think you will find that the physics gives very good reasons for the effects on mileage and range to be similar and no reason for things to be the way you suggest.

You have yet to make a comment on the effects of towed loads on ICE vehicles. Why is that?
Technical dats doesn't amount to jack shit when over and over and over and over - PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THESE TRUCK - are not getting this kind of mileage in the real world. I don't give a flying banana about "expert opinions" who are likely receiving funds from automakers funneled in some way to them - over overwhelming consumer reports flat out disputing that data.

I wonder what their towing an RV mileage would be and how would you charge a vehicle when you are dry camping. How fast could it charge while traveling?
Unless you are camping locally it isn't feasible.
There are also plenty of video and documented examples of ACTUAL owners who tell nightmare experiences of spending hours sitting in parking lots recharging instead of taking 5 minutes to fill up with gas.

So the data agrees with the EV apologists but actual results of EV owners say otherwise

I simply think the numbers from Road & Track and Kelly Blue Book are exceedingly likely to be more accurate than a video from a single user who would not have anything like the expertise of those two organizations. Sorry you don't like the answer. The data show that percentage mileage lost from added load is roughly the same for ICEs and EVs.
Physics says that is impossible.

Yeah... except there is overwhelming testimony out there of ACTUAL EV truck owners who say differently.
If you fill a gas tank of an ICE truck... and tow something, you are not going to run out of gas in 90 miles. Not going to happen.
Yet, there are literally 100s of EV owners loudly complaining about losing way more mileage that the industry says they will get.
This is just one video.
I could easily post up 50 and more just like it

1666445531629.png

anecdotal

You used a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument or compelling evidence.​

It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Example: Jason said that that was all cool and everything, but his grandfather smoked, like, 30 cigarettes a day and lived until 97 - so don't believe everything you read about meta analyses of methodologically sound studies showing proven causal relationships.

`

Last edited:

View attachment 713929

anecdotal

You used a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument or compelling evidence.​

It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Example: Jason said that that was all cool and everything, but his grandfather smoked, like, 30 cigarettes a day and lived until 97 - so don't believe everything you read about meta analyses of methodologically sound studies showing proven causal relationships.

`
Look up the definition of anecdotal.
In the definition you will find the word - isolated - .
There are 100s of complaints by VEHICLE OWNERS stating they are not getting anywhere near the stated mileage when towing.
That is not isolated. Therefore it is not anecdotal.
The logical fallacy is yours.
When you want to believe isolated studies, most likely paid by money funneled by the auto industry, or EV supporters - and not believe owner after owner after owner saying this is not what is happening.

I simply think the numbers from Road & Track and Kelly Blue Book are exceedingly likely to be more accurate than a video from a single user who would not have anything like the expertise of those two organizations. Sorry you don't like the answer. The data show that percentage mileage lost from added load is roughly the same for ICEs and EVs.

The vehicles Road and Track get are specially prepared. Add to that they will never do a truly accurate report on a shit car because then they no longer get the free cars to drive.

Same for KBB. The only accurate appraisals come from those who BUY the vehicles they test.

View attachment 713929

anecdotal

`

It stops being anecdotal the second they can prove what they say.

They can.

ICE vehicles lose range as well. But the recharge time is minutes, instead of hours.

Thus, if you have a weekend getaway planned, you can either do it within 50 miles of home with your EV, or you can go 300 miles with your ICE and still have usable time for play.

Or put it this way.

If you live in San Francisco you can go to Tracy for a wonderful weekend, but if you have an ICE vehicle, you can come ski in Tahoe.

There are also plenty of video and documented examples of ACTUAL owners who tell nightmare experiences of spending hours sitting in parking lots recharging instead of taking 5 minutes to fill up with gas.

ICE vehicles lose range as well. But the recharge time is minutes, instead of hours.

That's the big issue for me.

The prospect of having to spend hours on the way home from work, charging an electric vehicle, on top of potentially four hours of commute time to begin with, and an eight-hour shift, is very off-putting, when I can fully refuel a real car in just a few minutes.

Look up the definition of anecdotal.
In the definition you will find the word - isolated - .
There are 100s of complaints by VEHICLE OWNERS stating they are not getting anywhere near the stated mileage when towing.
That is not isolated. Therefore it is not anecdotal.
The logical fallacy is yours.
When you want to believe isolated studies, most likely paid by money funneled by the auto industry, or EV supporters - and not believe owner after owner after owner saying this is not what is happening.
You haven't shown "Hundreds"!
and even if you had if it's "hundreds out of Hundreds of Thousands," it not necessarily systemic problem but a small/expected common problem in all mfg goods.

You are also TOO STUPID TO DEBATE.
`

Got it

We should believe the woke auto company employees instead our own lyin’ eyes
It's a matter of numbers/data/stats.
If 50 or 100 people have a problem out or 200,000 without it.....

You TOO are just SO F***** STUPID.
Every mfg product has a percent of faulty ones.
`

Last edited:

You TOO are just SO F***** STUPID.
Every mfg product has a percent of faulty ones
`
I have yet to see a Ford truck owner pull off the range under load that you say it can do

It stops being anecdotal the second they can prove what they say.

They can.
NO it doesn't Moron.

You are just SO F***** STUPID.
Go lay down.

Forum List

Back