GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

REALLY ! ! ! Well then I guess I will take my neighbors Smart Car to pick up the high school's football team and then hook up the trailer with my 38 ft Chris Craft and take 'er down to the ramps for a spin in the bay.

What was the towing capacity on the OP's truck? Oh yeah, 9,500 lbs. And, how fast does that motor have to be going to access all 754 hp and 800 ft-lbs of torque? Oh yeah STOCK FUCKING STILL.

I got a question for you. What do you find in an modern locomotive engine these days?

I have no use for SMART cars, they are retarded. But, they CAN drive 600 miles in one day.

Your EV can't.

DURRRRRR

Sorry for my confusion but you did link to this same video in post #11.

Haha yeah no.
There is a terrific video out there of people who bought either a Ford or GM electric truck. Their regrets are very vocal and disappointed they spent so much money for a vehicle they CANNOT use as a truck.
Especially towing. One video shows how a man pulling a trailer with only 2500 lbs. 400 mile range?? Try 90.
Yep - he only got 90 miles when pulling a trailer. He had to spend 4 hours recharging so he could go back home.

SOMEHOW -- the EVs dont get mileage rated like a normal car does. Because it's OBVIOUS these mileage ranges are calculated on FLAT land somewhere in Nebraska. It's common knowledge that when the powertrain is working to scale hills or mountains -- that you are gonna GET LESS MILEAGE. And yet the stories come in about people jumping in new EVs and trucking it up for a mountain retreat weekend and get only 40 or 50% of the ADVERTISED range. DUHHHHH.

So the 5 hour trip UP THERE turned into a 7.5 hour trip. The mileage BACK DOWN to home -- will be fine.

The pressure is sooo high to push these mandates, that the companies are gonna queer the market forever without consumers getting WARNED by the media about "expectations". Once you want to junk your EXPENSIVE, brand new truck that WONT TOW your boat or camping trailer up a mountain, Hell is gonna freeze over before they become "an EV" fan again.

I said above the F150 has lower towing range than it's gas twin.
But I'm i'm not watching your vid, which does not answer your question you 12 IQ little Twerp.

`

Why is the media NOT doing their job to MAKE THIS OBVIOUS to people laying out WADS of cash for a truck that WONT GET THEM to the ski resort or their boat to a mtn lake?

It's all hype and collusion with political objectives. And the MEDIA is in on DEFRAUDING these 1st time buyers.

Why do the manufacturers GET AWAY with NOT warning customers that RANGE on an EV truck/car can vary GREATLY with towing load or road inclination? Why are so many realizing this after "trips from hell"????

That kinda hype and lack of disclosure could kill this whole movement to EVs.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
Whats the tow capacity ? How far will it haul a load before a recharge ? No one will buy this as a work truck if it can't compare with it's fuel burning brethren.

Why is the media NOT doing their job to MAKE THIS OBVIOUS to people laying out WADS of cash for a truck that WONT GET THEM to the ski resort or their boat to a mtn lake?

It's all hype and collusion with political objectives. And the MEDIA is in on DEFRAUDING these 1st time buyers.

Why do the manufacturers GET AWAY with NOT warning customers that RANGE on an EV truck/car can vary GREATLY with towing load or road inclination? Why are so many realizing this after "trips from hell"????

They should also be required to show the expected life of the battery and cost of replacement.

Have you Not Noticed over the years that virtually all new announcement stats are not as good as state. 0-60, Mileage per gallon, etc.

I think the towing deficit on E-Trucks is now Well Known esp anyone who needs to use it for that... and all their buddies.
Not a secret.
ie, 16 months ago

6/29/21 - AutoTrader.com​
Shoppers who plan to use their electric truck to frequently tow a trailer should also investigate the truck’s range. 250 – 300 mile ranges are common in electric cars today but towing a heavy trailer or hauling a huge load will reduce that significantly. Expect the towing range of an electric truck to be reduced by one-third to one-half the stated range of an unloaded electric truck.

`

Last edited:
Have you Not Noticed over the years that virtually all new announcement stats are not as good as state. 0-60, Mileage per gallon, etc.

I think the towing deficit on E-Trucks is now Well Known esp anyone who needs to use it for that... and all their buddies.
Not a secret.
ie, 16 months ago

6/29/21 - AutoTrader.com​
Shoppers who plan to use their electric truck to frequently tow a trailer should also investigate the truck’s range. 250 – 300 mile ranges are common in electric cars today but towing a heavy trailer or hauling a huge load will reduce that significantly. Expect the towing range of an electric truck to be reduced by one-third to one-half the stated range of an unloaded electric truck.

`
Then it will not be a work truck. No business will spit out what I'm going to assume will be a shitload of money if it can not do the job that a gas or diesel burner can do.

A valid point. That must be why contractors so assiduously avoid battery-powered tools.

Do you understand that battery-operated power tools are on a totally different scale than battery-powered vehicles, and that this has a huge impact on the relative feasibility?

I carry several fully-charged batteries for my power tools, so that when one battery runs out, I just swap in a fresh battery. And I have chargers that will plug into an ordinary 120V receptacle and will fully charge one battery in less than an hour. In fact, my better twelve-ampere charger takes less than half an hour to charge one of my 5AH batteries. My lesser eight-amp charger takes about 45 minutes.

And I usually get at least an hour of work out of each battery, so if I have anywhere to plug one on my chargers, I can keep going indefinitely without having to stop and wait for anything to charge.

You just cannot get that on the scale of an electric vehicle. Not with extant technology, not with any technology that we can anticipate in the foreseeable future.

That is cannot do the job is a flat out lie.

Oh, it can do the job. Just with a very short range. In other words it is useless for anyone in the trades but for the EV faithful they can say "look at our cool truck like object!"

Forum List

Back