GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

1. A truck that has no or low towing ability because it drain the battery mean the truck is worthless.

2. The lack of infrastructure to charge these vehicles is a issue that can not nor will it be resolved in the short term and when you have too many EV’s it will overload the grid and cause havoc.

3. Instead of being the typical bitch that you are why not discuss in a proper way or do you prefer the hostility that you get?

EV’s will have many obstacles that they need to overcome and until they ( our government ) builds my sustainable grid EV’s will cause havoc on our grids.
Apparently NOT
LOL
My thread - Oct 10, 2022

Ford Raising Price on Popular F150 (EV) Pick up truck. (sales up 197%)​

BTW.
If you're not a MAGA you have no ******* Clue how hostile this place is.
Some threads I start are NOTHING but RW Trolled into oblivion.. and the abuse is NOT stopped by RW Climate denying, Creationist, Mods.
This board is 80% MAGA trolls.

Ignorant little shlt.
`

Last edited:
Whats the tow capacity ? How far will it haul a load before a recharge ? No one will buy this as a work truck if it can't compare with it's fuel burning brethren.

electric motors are QUICK "off the line" -- that's why they BOAST about this. But UNDER LOAD -- they are just generator coils stuck in ElectroMagnetic fields. And the variation in performance UNDER LOAD is what matters. Not -- the 0 ---> 60mph or 1/4 mile timing.

I never said otherwise. But one car per 200 people is a whole lot less than the current penetration of wind and solar power into the energy infrastructure and EVs and hybrids into our auto fleet and you've all been poo-pooing those levels as meaningless.

Yeah, that was in 1910. When they were grotesquely expensive. And even with that the infrastructure was being built to support them.....because they were better.

That was more than twenty years after Bertha Benz took her husband's invention on her famous joyride. And in Europe, cars still remained mainly a toy for the wealthy for at least a few decades after that. It was one of Hitler's big projects to commission a car for the common people of Europe, or at least of whatever parts thereof that he conquered—a People's Car, or Volkswagen.

Yes, the backwards European countries were very slow to manufacture cheap cars.

But they still did it. Once again, from 1905 on, major cities are almost devoid of horses.

However, there were enough cars out there that racing began as early as 1895. And it was a doozy, 1400 miles IIRC.

These resources would be extracted regardless of Electric Vehicles.

Not rare earth's. Lithium, yttrium, samarium, niobium, all rare earth's, all need to be strip mined.

Over and above coal mining.

Apparently NOT
LOL
My thread - Oct 10, 2022

Ford Raising Price on Popular F150 (EV) Pick up truck. (sales up 197%)​

BTW.
If you're not a MAGA you have no ******* Clue how hostile this place is.
Some threads I start are NOTHING but RW Trolled into oblivion.. and the abuse is NOT stopped by RW Climate denying, Creationist, Mods.
This board is 80% MAGA trolls.

Ignorant little shlt.
`
See this is a trolling thread created by you seeing you just keep on attacking posters by calling them Maga and making false claims as usual!

Again, the infrastructure is not there and it doesn’t matter about the sales of a vehicle when you lack the grid to supply the power to charge those vehicles and I am not a climate change denier but I am also not some freak like you that denies there are multiple elements in climate change that come from man and natural ways.

Also the trucks lack towing and there have been many complaints about not having ways to charge when out on the open road, so fuck off with your denial and try to live in reality troll!

You get trolled because you thumbs down anyone that corrects you and let me state you are one of those that thought the Covid Vaccine was a cure and mocked everyone that told you it wasn’t, so ya know you’re as messed up as MAGA follower’s and you have no clue about what you wrote about and just post nonsense to troll!

Last edited:
You're saying that if car manufacturers weren't making EVs, nobody would be mining rare earth materials?

Not at the rate they are being mined now. Absent EV production one mine would supply the world's needs for samarium.

I never said otherwise. But one car per 200 people is a whole lot less than the current penetration of wind and solar power into the energy infrastructure and EVs and hybrids into our auto fleet and you've all been poo-pooing those levels as meaningless.

Of course -- YOU are amazed at the HYPE behind the "penetration of wind and solar" -- because YOU ignore that the CAPACITIES THEY QUOTE are 3 times MORE than what is actually PRODUCED (on average). Or the deviance of IGNORING that for every MWatt of wind or solar that gets MASSIVELY SUBSIDIZED and installed -- It's ALWAYS "someone's else's job" to invest and build the SECONDARY -- AND RELIABLE plant that backs up that "renewable" alternative when the sun dont shine and/or the wind dont blow.

Those things and many others CANT' BE PUT -- out of sight -- out of mind without eventually killing people.

Of course -- YOU are amazed at the HYPE behind the "penetration of wind and solar" -- because YOU ignore that the CAPACITIES THEY QUOTE are 3 times MORE than what is actually PRODUCED (on average). Or the deviance of IGNORING that for every MWatt of wind or solar that gets MASSIVELY SUBSIDIZED and installed -- It's ALWAYS "someone's else's job" to invest and build the SECONDARY -- AND RELIABLE plant that backs up that "renewable" alternative when the sun dont shine and/or the wind dont blow.

Those things and many others CANT' BE PUT -- out of sight -- out of mind without eventually killing people.
I was not attempting to start a discussion on wind and solar here - I thought we could count on a moderator to stay on topic. I was pointing out that the penetration of the automobile in 1910 had not yet achieved a level that folks on your side of the argument had characterized as meaningless inre wind and solar.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
I hear that's it's a $100,000+ vehicle.
Seems practical enough for middle class Americans. :rolleyes-41:

I hear that's it's a $100,000+ vehicle.
Seems practical enough for middle class Americans. :rolleyes-41:
This model is $107,000 but its as loaded as loaded gets. Gas powered trucks had already gotten over $100,000 and the base price of the GMC Sierra EV is $50,000.

See this is a trolling thread created by you seeing you just keep on attacking posters by calling them Maga and making false claims as usual!

Again, the infrastructure is not there and it doesn’t matter about the sales of a vehicle when you lack the grid to supply the power to charge those vehicles and I am not a climate change denier but I am also not some freak like you that denies there are multiple elements in climate change that come from man and natural ways.

Also the trucks lack towing and there have been many complaints about not having ways to charge when out on the open road, so fuck off with your denial and try to live in reality troll!

You get trolled because you thumbs down anyone that corrects you and let me state you are one of those that thought the Covid Vaccine was a cure and mocked everyone that told you it wasn’t, so ya know you’re as messed up as MAGA follower’s and you have no clue about what you wrote about and just post nonsense to troll!
My original and meaty answer to this post with stats re feedback etc, you may have see (or not) was deleted by RW FlaClaTeen.
THAT is the way this board/mods operate here.

Look/watch for More Mod abuse to eliminate the the Evidence.

No this was not a "trolling" Thread but re-enforcement for my Ford one, and that EV Light Truck are viable.
You and others demonstrate that need.
"many Complaints" is goofy (the anecdote Fallacy), and again why this thread was needed as re-enforcement.
There are infinitely more "wants" than complaints.
Obviously.

As to the way people are treated here, you just saw an example.
Again look at the very polite Crick's feedback (16%) vs the clown Petros. (150%)
and so much more to tell here.

See my thread starts on the first few pages here vs anyone lesles a to Relevance on the main issue: AGW.
The meatiest from the best sources, oft my first pages tso Trolled I throw up my hands and just continue making my point without any real objection.

There is no AGW denier here I have not Refuted 100%, but of course it's the trolls who do most of the responding now.
The 'biggies' like SunsetTommy,

I notice you are also NOT a big user on Links to back you claims.
That's why you unjustly call this thread a "Troll." It's real info that contradicts your politics.

Last edited:
My original and meaty answer to this post with stats re feedback etc, you may have see (or not) was deleted by RW FlaClaTeen.
THAT is the way this board/mods operate here.

No this was not a "trolling" Thread but re-enforcement for my Ford one, and that EV Light Truck are viable.
You and others demonstrate that need.
"many Complaints" is idiotic, and again why this thread was needed as re-enforcement.
There are infinitely more "wants" than complaints.
Obviously.

As to the way people are treated here, you just saw an example.
Again look at the very polite Crick's feedback (16%) vs the clown Petros. (150%)
and so much more to tell here.

See my thread starts on the first few pages here vs anyone lesles a to Relevance on the main issue: AGW.
The meatiest from the best sources, oft my first pages tso Trolled I throw up my hands and just continue making my point without any real objection.

There is no AGW denier here I have not Refuted 100%, but of course it's the trolls who do most of the responding now.
The 'biggies' like SunsetTommy,

I notice you are also NOT a big user on Links to back you claims.
That's why you unjustly call this thread a "Troll." It's real info that contradicts your politics.
Why shouldn't manufacturers be required to publish how long the battery lasts or the cost of replacement?

Simple question you disagreed with.

You want people to buy these pipe dreams, and they should have all information available to make an actual informed decision if the vehicle is right for their personal purposes.

Forum List

Back