GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

This model is $107,000 but its as loaded as loaded gets. Gas powered trucks had already gotten over $100,000 and the base price of the GMC Sierra EV is $50,000.
I hear that's it's a $100,000+ vehicle.
Seems practical enough for middle class Americans. :rolleyes-41:
Meister's chirp has been answered by Crick... and let me say in addition:
I'm sure people can figure out their own economics of buying one.
`

Bestselling EV trucks in 2022 and what models you can look forward to next

Peter Johnson
- Sep. 8th 2022 10:16 am PT

[.................]​

[................................]
[.................................]

GMC Hummer EV​

GMC-EV-Trucks-Hummer-2022
Hummer EV Source: GMC

Although GMC is still in the early stages of ramping production of its EV truck, the all-electric Hummer had over 77,500 reservations in June as the pickup version sells out until 2024.

Ironically, the first Hummer was introduced in 1992, becoming known as one of the worst gas-guzzling vehicles you could drive. Rising gas prices and more efficient vehicles entering the market drove Hummer sales down as GMC discontinued the brand in 2010.

The heavy-duty truck’s revival begins in the age of electrification with the Hummer EV. The first deliveries started in December 2021, and GMC has been slow with the rollout. However, truck enthusiasts are gearing up as the backlog continues to build.

• Up to 350-mile range (pickup) and 300-mile range (SUV).
  • Up to 1,000 HP (pickup) and 830 HP (SUV) with 11,500 foot-pounds of torque.
  • 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.
  • Available extract mode for an extra 6″ height.
  • Infinity roof with modular sky panels
The price of the Hummer EV went up by $6,250 in June, as the parts and technology put into it cost more.
[...................]

`

Meister's chirp has been answered by Crick... and let me say in addition:
I'm sure people can figure out their own economics of buying one.
`
Especially when it comes time to replace the battery.
But, hey...people want EV good for them.
I'll stick to a gas guzzler.

Bestselling EV trucks in 2022 and what models you can look forward to next

Peter Johnson
- Sep. 8th 2022 10:16 am PT

[.................]​

[................................]
[.................................]

GMC Hummer EV​

GMC-EV-Trucks-Hummer-2022
Hummer EV Source: GMC

Although GMC is still in the early stages of ramping production of its EV truck, the all-electric Hummer had over 77,500 reservations in June as the pickup version sells out until 2024.

Ironically, the first Hummer was introduced in 1992, becoming known as one of the worst gas-guzzling vehicles you could drive. Rising gas prices and more efficient vehicles entering the market drove Hummer sales down as GMC discontinued the brand in 2010.

The heavy-duty truck’s revival begins in the age of electrification with the Hummer EV. The first deliveries started in December 2021, and GMC has been slow with the rollout. However, truck enthusiasts are gearing up as the backlog continues to build.

• Up to 350-mile range (pickup) and 300-mile range (SUV).
  • Up to 1,000 HP (pickup) and 830 HP (SUV) with 11,500 foot-pounds of torque.
  • 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.
  • Available extract mode for an extra 6″ height.
  • Infinity roof with modular sky panels
The price of the Hummer EV went up by $6,250 in June, as the parts and technology put into it cost more.
[...................]

`

Four days to fully charge it, from a home charger, according to several reports.

Why would anyone consider owning such a vehicle, when you can fully refuel a real vehicle in just few minutes? That's just plain stupid.

Four days to fully charge it, from a home charger, according to several reports.

Why would anyone consider owning such a vehicle, when you can fully refuel a real vehicle in just few minutes? That's just plain stupid.
By home charger, you mean Level 1, plug into the 110VAC outlet in your wall? Should point out that I think it takes 40 hours to do a Tesla with one of those.

Last edited:
And what would a refuel cost vs an EV ?
How much CO2, etc does it produce?
Can it be refueled when you're sleeping?

None of that matters a shit to me, if I cannot make my daily commute to and from work, without having to fit in several hours to charge my car, when a real car can be refueled in just a few minutes.

I most especially do not give a shit about how much CO2 I'm creating. I'm not nearly stupid enough to fall for that hoax. Anyone who wants me to sacrifice any part of my standard of living in the name of the “Global Warming” scam can go fuck himself with a cactus.

None of that matters a shit to me, if I cannot make my daily commute to and from work, without having to fit in several hours to charge my car, when a real car can be refueled in just a few minutes.

I most especially do not give a shit about how much CO2 I'm creating. I'm not nearly stupid enough to fall for that hoax. Anyone who wants me to sacrifice any part of my standard of living in the name of the “Global Warming” scam can go fuck himself with a cactus.
LOL.
400 mile range and you can't "commute" to work!.... for how long.. once a week overnight home charge?

Last edited:
This model is $107,000 but its as loaded as loaded gets. Gas powered trucks had already gotten over $100,000 and the base price of the GMC Sierra EV is $50,000.
I can buy a Ford Maverick at 24k, so ya know you and the OP should do better research on the subject you two are discussing.

1. Limited towing capacity with EV’s make then worthless seeing it drains the damn battery faster.

2. Lack of infrastructure to charge these vehicles make them again worthless at this point.

3. The environmental damage caused from mining the materials to make these batteries is never discussed nor accepted by the left!

4. Even if you do away with gas engines you still will have to drill for oil and I bet none of you on the left have any clue on why?

…..

Here is reality and it is those trucks cost double of what a standard gas engine cost and lack the same power as gas engines have with towing, and yet you will deny this even though you admitted it!

Also the Lithium Battery is still in it primitive stage and is not even close to what the consumer need to have for their daily use in a vehicle.

Americans travel in this country and a battery lasting just two to three hundred miles max isn’t going to cut it.

Now let me be clear research is being done all around the world to extend the life and mileage of the battery along with recycling these batteries to be reused again but again it is in early stages.

You and the OP are like those idiots that claimed taking the vaccine would cure Covid but when told that is untrue the two of you doubled down on your stupidity while ignoring reality!

Until you solve the grid issue along with the life span and price of these vehicles then you are just being stupid as usual!

Also you can not and will not stop drilling as long as you need diesel to run the transportation industry to transport our food supply and materials.

Why is gas prices so high?

Lower the price of diesel and your regular gas will lower massively.

Also EV’s can not be used to transport stuff via Laing haul trucks seeing the battery would drain quickly, so until you fix that damn issue you are never going to be independent from oil or drilling!

Also fools you need oil for many things from paint to plastics, so we will drill still but hey keep on thinking you will do away with oil when in reality you will need it for the tires that go onto your ev cars to the paint they use to make the color you want for those ev cars.

Idiots never learn and yet you fools want to lecture those like me on how I should be brainless drones like you and the OP!

My original and meaty answer to this post with stats re feedback etc, you may have see (or not) was deleted by RW FlaClaTeen.
THAT is the way this board/mods operate here.

Look/watch for More Mod abuse to eliminate the the Evidence.

No this was not a "trolling" Thread but re-enforcement for my Ford one, and that EV Light Truck are viable.
You and others demonstrate that need.
"many Complaints" is goofy (the anecdote Fallacy), and again why this thread was needed as re-enforcement.
There are infinitely more "wants" than complaints.
Obviously.

As to the way people are treated here, you just saw an example.
Again look at the very polite Crick's feedback (16%) vs the clown Petros. (150%)
and so much more to tell here.

See my thread starts on the first few pages here vs anyone lesles a to Relevance on the main issue: AGW.
The meatiest from the best sources, oft my first pages tso Trolled I throw up my hands and just continue making my point without any real objection.

There is no AGW denier here I have not Refuted 100%, but of course it's the trolls who do most of the responding now.
The 'biggies' like SunsetTommy,

I notice you are also NOT a big user on Links to back you claims.
That's why you unjustly call this thread a "Troll." It's real info that contradicts your politics.
You have no clue about anything you write about, and that is a fact!

My politics?

You have no fucking clue about my God Damn politics!

You are the one that introduced MAGA into this fucking Conversation and not me because you can not accept the reality you are a mentally retarded AOC type moron!

Those trucks you write about are worthless when you lack the infrastructure to charge those damn things!

The batteries drain quickly when towing and until you fix that then you need to shut your damn mouth you ignorant fool!

My politics isn’t MAGA and just because you hate reality isn’t my damn issue but you should learn that research is being done into how to make the batteries last longer, charge faster and so on, so you need to stop writing like you are someone that knows what they are writing about because all you are doing is spewing the typical MSNBC bullshit!

Fact is Fact and the grid is not ready for the amount of EV’s that are needed in daily life!

You will never delete oil from our daily lives seeing it is a product used in many fucking things and not just gas!

You can not use EV’s to transport stuff that Trains and Diesel Trucks transport!

Do you understand that or are you that fucking daft in the head?

LOL.
400 mile range and you can't "commute" to work!.... for how long.. once a week overnight home charge?

There is no feasible way to install a car charger at my home.

I'm a construction worker, so no working chargers at whatever job site I may be on.

My only opportunity to charge any car would be on the commute home, which could be up to four hours, depending on where I am working, and what traffic is like. That's on top of at least an hour to get to any more distant site, and an eight-hour work day,

No, I am not going to add several hours to that to charge an electric car. Not as long as I can have a real car that can be fully refueled in only a few minutes.

If you think I should drive An EV, then you can just go fuck yourself up the ass with a cactus.

Arrogant, tyrannical idiots such as you are a big part of what is wrong with society today.

I can buy a Ford Maverick at 24k, so ya know you and the OP should do better research on the subject you two are discussing.
Or you could just read a little more of the thread. I did not say ALL gasoline pickups are over 100,000, I said that they had cracked that ceiling, which they have. See 20 Pickups That Actually Cost $100,000 (With Options)
1. Limited towing capacity with EV’s make then worthless seeing it drains the damn battery faster.
EV trucks have the same towing capacity as gasoline powered trucks and the significant advantage of full torque available from zero speed. The loss of range is roughly equivalent to the losses a gasoline truck will experience. The reason for the loss is the same with both vehicles, there is NO reason for one to be more sensitive to load than the other. All reports you have seen were personal anecdotes. All professional reviews have found load losses to be similar between gasoline and EVs.
2. Lack of infrastructure to charge these vehicles make them again worthless at this point.
I won't argue this point. It will get better, but right now there aren't enough stations.
3. The environmental damage caused from mining the materials to make these batteries is never discussed nor accepted by the left!
It is an infinitesimal pittance compared to the environmental damage caused by the exploration and extraction of petroleum. Rare earth minerals are not rare and there is no reason they cannot be extracted in an environmentally benign fashion.
4. Even if you do away with gas engines you still will have to drill for oil and I bet none of you on the left have any clue on why?
As a material resource. A piece of advice: when you make generalizations like "none of the on the left" you are absolutely guaranteed to be wrong.
Here is reality and it is those trucks cost double of what a standard gas engine cost and lack the same power as gas engines have with towing, and yet you will deny this even though you admitted it!
They cost more. Across the fleet it is not double. They have as much power as gasoline engines and their towing performance is superior.
Also the Lithium Battery is still in it primitive stage and is not even close to what the consumer need to have for their daily use in a vehicle.
New, not primitive
Americans travel in this country and a battery lasting just two to three hundred miles max isn’t going to cut it.
I agree that they pretty well suck for long distance travel.
Now let me be clear research is being done all around the world to extend the life and mileage of the battery along with recycling these batteries to be reused again but again it is in early stages.

You and the OP are like those idiots that claimed taking the vaccine would cure Covid but when told that is untrue the two of you doubled down on your stupidity while ignoring reality!
No vaccine "cures" its target and I have never seen such a claim for the COVID vaccine. COVID vaccines dramatically reduce your odds of getting infected, dramatically reduce your odds of getting hospitalized if you do and very dramatically reduce your chances of dying. Please recall that under Trump's indefensible COVID strategy over 400,000 Americans died of COVID when it could have been a fourth that number. Treating this disease with the unsupportable ignorance that right wing demagogues urged is irresponsible ignorance at its worst.
Until you solve the grid issue along with the life span and price of these vehicles then you are just being stupid as usual!
So, hey, don't buy one.
Also you can not and will not stop drilling as long as you need diesel to run the transportation industry to transport our food supply and materials.
As long as petroleum is needed, it will be acquired. That doesn't stop us from working very hard to eliminate its requirement as a fuel.
Why is gas prices so high?
Because the gasoline companies are taking advantage of inflation, which hardly affects them at all, and the cessation of Russian supplies to the market.
Lower the price of diesel and your regular gas will lower massively.
Are you suggesting that gasoline prices are high due to the high cost of the diesel being used to truck it to stations?
Also EV’s can not be used to transport stuff via Laing haul trucks seeing the battery would drain quickly, so until you fix that damn issue you are never going to be independent from oil or drilling!

Also fools you need oil for many things from paint to plastics, so we will drill still but hey keep on thinking you will do away with oil when in reality you will need it for the tires that go onto your ev cars to the paint they use to make the color you want for those ev cars.

Idiots never learn and yet you fools want to lecture those like me on how I should be brainless drones like you and the OP!
You've missed a major point here. You can use petroleum as a material resource all you want. Fill your swimming pool with it for all anyone cares. Just don't burn it.

EV trucks have the same towing capacity as gasoline powered trucks and the significant advantage of full torque available from zero speed.
The torque of ev’s is real

But the towing capacity claims are misleading or downright false

Because all the ev trucks have severely limited range when towing

You can not use EV’s to transport stuff that Trains and Diesel Trucks transport!

Do you understand that or are you that fucking daft in the head?
Responding to your ONLY topical content...
No one claims otherwise re Trains, tho Some Passenger trains and All Subways do operate on Electric already.
Efficient and clean air.
Say Goodnight Gracie!
`

Last edited:
Another Stupid post by Wetwall.
They doubled in 2021.. and may do so again this year.
One OBVIOUSLY (except to ldiots like you) will not pass Gas cars for many years. Maybe as soon as 2030. we'll see if they can meet the demand which is also super-strong.
But clearly they are Viable and Booming.

`
Besides the joy of owners discovering the inevitable predictable surprises, buyers remorse will set in when they try resell their boat on wheels.

$120,000

DemoRATs will only allow the rich to drive

That is the ultimate goal. The rich will live on vast estates while the peons are crushed into mega cities.

No personal cars, just public transport for the serfs, who won't have anyplace to go anyway.

Forum List

Back