GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

How about I let you know when no one is building ICE-powered vehicles anymore? It's not that far off.

As a county we are no where near ready for most people to have an EV. We do not produce enough electricity for our current needs, we sure do not have enough for a half a million more things plugged in to it.

We will get there, but not as soon as many people wish we would

That is what the farriers and horse buggy makers said to Mr Ford....let us know when ICE sales equal horse sales.

Luddites always exist.

Indeed. The difference is cars were vastly superior to horses. Thus, the market adopted cars because they WANTED TO.

If the government has to mandate you use something the reality is it ISN'T vastly superior.

The luddites are the people ordering others to use inferior products.

Indeed. The difference is cars were vastly superior to horses. Thus, the market adopted cars because they WANTED TO.

If the government has to mandate you use something the reality is it ISN'T vastly superior.

The luddites are the people ordering others to use inferior products.
fROM: Oxford Languages and Google - English | Oxford Languages
LUDDITE
  1. 1.
    DEROGATORY
    a person opposed to new technology or ways of working.
    "a small-minded Luddite resisting progress"

Not when they first came out they were not. But they got better over time and were able to be better than a horse

Yeah, they were. Their only drawback was cost. But the lack of horse shit being created on a daily basis was a HUGE benefit.

Out west the horse continued to reign supreme until about 1918. That is the year that the cars became reliable enough to do long drives. At speeds 4 times what a horse could do.

Address the facts instead of trying to derail with your bullshit.

Address the facts instead of trying to derail with your bullshit.
How's this, asshole?

Haha yeah no.
There is a terrific video out there of people who bought either a Ford or GM electric truck. Their regrets are very vocal and disappointed they spent so much money for a vehicle they CANNOT use as a truck.
Especially towing. One video shows how a man pulling a trailer with only 2500 lbs. 400 mile range?? Try 90.
Yep - he only got 90 miles when pulling a trailer. He had to spend 4 hours recharging so he could go back home.
Do you have any figures for the effect towing a 2,500 lb trailer would have on the mileage of ICE versions of those vehicles? Let's see:

https://www.trucksonlysales.com/how-much-does-towing-lower-my-fuel-economy/#:~:text=In a truck, that energy,drop in your fuel economy. says "In a truck, that energy is your fuel, so a heavier load will mean you are getting a lower fuel economy. Estimates say that every 100lbs of extra weight in a truck decreases its fuel economy by two percent. So, it’s not hard to imagine that towing a large trailer will create a much larger drop in your fuel economy."

Thus a 2,500 lb trailer would cut your mileage and your range to 50-60% of it's original value.

and How Much Does Towing Affect Your Gas Mileage? gives the same 2%/100 lbs figure.

Additionally, I would not trust a single anecdote written by an opponent of EVs. I would like to see an objective study of EV performance in towing situations performed by a reliable source. So, let's look.

Here is a real world test of a Rivian RT performed by Road and Track magazine. How Far Can You Tow With an Electric Truck? Read it for yourself. Their conclusions do NOT comport with your anecdote.

Here are some numbers for the Ford F-150 Lightning performed by Kelly Blue Book. https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/ev-payload-towing-capacity/ They also disagree with your anecdote.

So... I think you need to look a little harder before deciding you've figured it all out.

For a long time, they were not. From the time that Bertha Benz famously borrowed her husband's invention, and took it for a long joyride, proving that it was possible to go cross-country (albeit, a much smaller country than ours) with an automobile, it was at least a few more decades before Henry Ford made it a practical alternative to a horse for Americans; and a few more Decades beyond that before Hitler commissioned an affordable car for common Europeans.

For a long time, they were not. From the time that Bertha Benz famously borrowed her husband's invention, and took it for a long joyride, proving that it was possible to go cross-country (albeit, a much smaller country than ours) with an automobile, it was at least a few more decades before Henry Ford made it a practical alternative to a horse for Americans; and a few more Decades beyond that before Hitler commissioned an affordable car for common Europeans.

I disagree. Yes, cars were out of reach of the common man for quite a while, but the simple fact is they supplanted horses very quickly.

By 1910 there were over 500,000 cars in operation across the USA.

But then came the Model T. Ford sold 32,000 in 1910. 300,000 in 1911 and 1912. Ford then introduced the moving assembly line in 1914 which allowed them to produce more than 500,000 and they sold 734,811 in 1916.

The price dropped substantially year over year as well. 850 in 1910, but 440 by 1915, and under 300 by 1925.

Take a look at pictures from almost any major city from 1905 on and you see almost no horses. The car allowed the cities to get cleaned up incredibly fast, and the people loved them because of that.

I disagree. Yes, cars were out of reach of the common man for quite a while, but the simple fact is they supplanted horses very quickly.

But then came the Model T. Ford sold 32,000 in 1910. 300,000 in 1911 and 1912. Ford then introduced the moving assembly line in 1914 which allowed them to produce more than 500,000 and they sold 734,811 in 1916.

The price dropped substantially year over year as well. 850 in 1910, but 440 by 1915, and under 300 by 1925.

Take a look at pictures from almost any major city from 1905 on and you see almost no horses. The car allowed the cities to get cleaned up incredibly fast, and the people loved them because of that.
I just wanted to point out that while 500,000 cars seems like a lot, that was only 5 cars per 1,000 Americans; one car for every 200 people. Not exactly traffic jam conditions. And I guess we can assume that in 1910, 199 people out of every 200 still relied on horses.

I just wanted to point out that while 500,000 cars seems like a lot, that was only 5 cars per 1,000 Americans; one car for every 200 people. Not exactly traffic jam conditions. And I guess we can assume that in 1910, 199 people out of every 200 still relied on horses.

No, most people walked.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
Where will you accept lithium and copper mining ?

No, most people walked.
I never said otherwise. But one car per 200 people is a whole lot less than the current penetration of wind and solar power into the energy infrastructure and EVs and hybrids into our auto fleet and you've all been poo-pooing those levels as meaningless.

Last edited:
They ARE abandoning them as battery costs increase, because to be useful you have to have at least four batteries per tool or you are SOL.
That is not consistent with my experiences or observations as a professional construction worker.
Up here they are. At least the cabinet makers I know are.

Cabinet makers. I guess that makes sense. Surely, they work in a civilized shop or a factory, where there are plenty of conveniently-placed receptacles in which to plug in corded tools.

A construction site is a different, savage, untamed world. Nearly all constructions sites do have temporary power setups, but the receptacles are seldom convenient to where you actually need to work.

That was more than twenty years after Bertha Benz took her husband's invention on her famous joyride. And in Europe, cars still remained mainly a toy for the wealthy for at least a few decades after that. It was one of Hitler's big projects to commission a car for the common people of Europe, or at least of whatever parts thereof that he conquered—a People's Car, or Volkswagen.

I never said otherwise. And someone who couldn't afford a horse certainly couldn't afford a car But one car per 200 people is a whole lot less than the current penetration of wind and solar power into the energy infrastructure and EVs and hybrids into our auto fleet and you've all been poo-pooing those levels as meaningless.

I said above the F150 has lower towing range than it's gas twin.
But I'm i'm not watching your vid, which does not answer your question you 12 IQ little Twerp.

`
1. A truck that has no or low towing ability because it drain the battery mean the truck is worthless.

2. The lack of infrastructure to charge these vehicles is a issue that can not nor will it be resolved in the short term and when you have too many EV’s it will overload the grid and cause havoc.

3. Instead of being the typical bitch that you are why not discuss in a proper way or do you prefer the hostility that you get?

….

EV’s will have many obstacles that they need to overcome and until they ( our government ) builds my sustainable grid EV’s will cause havoc on our grids.

Forum List

Back