GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

That is the ultimate goal. The rich will live on vast estates while the peons are crushed into mega cities.

No personal cars, just public transport for the serfs, who won't have anyplace to go anyway.
Says the supporter of tax cuts for the wealthy and the end of welfare, public schools and socialized medicine.

That is the ultimate goal. The rich will live on vast estates while the peons are crushed into mega cities.

No personal cars, just public transport for the serfs, who won't have anyplace to go anyway.

Who will build those cities, if construction workers do not have their own cars and truck with which to carry themselves and their tools to construction sites?

Who will build those cities, if construction workers do not have their own cars and truck with which to carry themselves and their tools to construction sites?

The construction workers eventually die off.

It is a process, not a build build build then shoot you sort of thing.

Says the supporter of tax cuts for the wealthy and the end of welfare, public schools and socialized medicine.

When have I ever said that sort of crap?

You resorts to lies because that is all you have.

When have I ever said that sort of crap?

You resorts to lies because that is all you have.
So you opposed the Reagan and Trump tax cuts? You support welfare, public schools (ie no vouchers) and socialized medicine?

So you opposed the Reagan and Trump tax cuts? You support welfare, public schools (ie no vouchers) and socialized medicine?

I supported the Trump cuts because they helped the middle class more than the rich.

Dumbass

And welfare... you're all in for welfare, right? And none of those stinking vouchers for private school education, right? And universal socialized medicine and, heck, universal free education as far as we want to go, right?

And welfare... you're all in for welfare, right? And none of those stinking vouchers for private school education, right? And universal socialized medicine and, heck, universal free education as far as we want to go, right?

No, I am not all in for welfare. There is no country that can afford free college. Try talking about something real instead of having a temper tantrum like a child.

No, I am not all in for welfare. There is no country that can afford free college. Try talking about something real instead of having a temper tantrum like a child.
All right. ICE trucks have broken $100,000 some time back. The impact of towing on mileage is virtually identical between EVs and ICE-powered trucks. EVs have a very strong towing advantage with maximum torque available at all speeds.

All right. ICE trucks have broken $100,000 some time back. The impact of towing on mileage is virtually identical between EVs and ICE-powered trucks. EVs have a very strong towing advantage with maximum torque available at all speeds.

The high end ones. You buy a good serviceable truck for 30k. So stop lying.

EV's have NO advantage towing. In fact when towing they suffer severe range decreases.

Electric motors are super torquey off the line, that's where they shine.

But, to tow heavy trailers, over long distances, the diesel engine is by far the best.

Yes, range is decreased with ICE trucks too. But recharge time is minutes, instead of hours.

Thus, if you are on a family outing, your range is greatly limited with an EV. If you live in the bay area of California, you might make it to Jackson. If you do you can camp while your truck recharges.

In an ICE, Kirkwood or Tahoe beckons.

The high end ones. You buy a good serviceable truck for 30k. So stop lying.
You're the second poster to misinterpret this statement. I said ICE trucks have broken the $100,000 price level. I did not say you could not get a truck for less.
EV's have NO advantage towing. In fact when towing they suffer severe range decreases.
Perhaps you should have actually read my one-sentence post before responding. Both EVs and ICE powered vehicles suffer mileage losses when towing and of similar magnitudes. There advantage in towing is having full torque available at all speeds. If you need an explanation as to why that gives an advantage in towing, just ask.
Electric motors are super torquey off the line, that's where they shine.
That's NOT where they shine, that's where ICE-powered vehicles suck. Electric motors have the same torque at all speeds. Torque from an ICE is speed dependent.
But, to tow heavy trailers, over long distances, the diesel engine is by far the best.
That depends on how you determine "best". If it includes GHG emissions, diesels lose badly
Yes, range is decreased with ICE trucks too. But recharge time is minutes, instead of hours.
True.
Thus, if you are on a family outing, your range is greatly limited with an EV. If you live in the bay area of California, you might make it to Jackson. If you do you can camp while your truck recharges.

In an ICE, Kirkwood or Tahoe beckons.
I cannot argue the charging time issue, but if you want to compare range on one tank of gas vs the range of fully charged battery, EVs are become competitive.

You're the second poster to misinterpret this statement. I said ICE trucks have broken the $100,000 price level. I did not say you could not get a truck for less.

Perhaps you should have actually read my one-sentence post before responding. Both EVs and ICE powered vehicles suffer mileage losses when towing and of similar magnitudes. There advantage in towing is having full torque available at all speeds. If you need an explanation as to why that gives an advantage in towing, just ask.

That's NOT where they shine, that's where ICE-powered vehicles suck. Electric motors have the same torque at all speeds. Torque from an ICE is speed dependent.

That depends on how you determine "best". If it includes GHG emissions, diesels lose badly

True.

I cannot argue the charging time issue, but if you want to compare range on one tank of gas vs the range of fully charged battery, EVs are become competitive.

Once again, no they aren't competitive. How many people do you know who only need to drive 75 miles to go on a family outing?

How many trades people do you know who only need to go 75 miles in a day to get their work done?

An EV pickup is a novelty item. It is useful for virtue signaling only.

Once you have rolling mass moving, you no longer need the torque. Now, the EV torque advantage is wasted. It is still putting out max torque, because that's what they do, while the ICE truck only needs it occasionally, so gets to coast along, which is less damaging to the power train.

It ain't rocket science.

I cannot argue the charging time issue…

It's a huge issue.

A vehicle that has to spend almost as much time charging as being driven will never be nearly as useful as a vehicle that only takes a few minutes of refueling for hours of driving.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
can't buy it until 2024. So how you going to prove 400 mile range?

not equal in any way. There are people who performed test trials and the EV failed hugely. Couldn't even go over 100 miles, while the ICE truck made it and filled up in a matter of minutes. The EV needed 45 minutes to get back to 70% charge and never made the destination, and barely made it back to the starting point of the trial. ooops.

I can buy a Ford Maverick at 24k, so ya know you and the OP should do better research on the subject you two are discussing.

1. Limited towing capacity with EV’s make then worthless seeing it drains the damn battery faster.

2. Lack of infrastructure to charge these vehicles make them again worthless at this point.

3. The environmental damage caused from mining the materials to make these batteries is never discussed nor accepted by the left!

4. Even if you do away with gas engines you still will have to drill for oil and I bet none of you on the left have any clue on why?

…..

Here is reality and it is those trucks cost double of what a standard gas engine cost and lack the same power as gas engines have with towing, and yet you will deny this even though you admitted it!

Also the Lithium Battery is still in it primitive stage and is not even close to what the consumer need to have for their daily use in a vehicle.

Americans travel in this country and a battery lasting just two to three hundred miles max isn’t going to cut it.

Now let me be clear research is being done all around the world to extend the life and mileage of the battery along with recycling these batteries to be reused again but again it is in early stages.

You and the OP are like those idiots that claimed taking the vaccine would cure Covid but when told that is untrue the two of you doubled down on your stupidity while ignoring reality!

Until you solve the grid issue along with the life span and price of these vehicles then you are just being stupid as usual!

Also you can not and will not stop drilling as long as you need diesel to run the transportation industry to transport our food supply and materials.

Why is gas prices so high?

Lower the price of diesel and your regular gas will lower massively.

Also EV’s can not be used to transport stuff via Laing haul trucks seeing the battery would drain quickly, so until you fix that damn issue you are never going to be independent from oil or drilling!

Also fools you need oil for many things from paint to plastics, so we will drill still but hey keep on thinking you will do away with oil when in reality you will need it for the tires that go onto your ev cars to the paint they use to make the color you want for those ev cars.

Idiots never learn and yet you fools want to lecture those like me on how I should be brainless drones like you and the OP!
Excellent points but it falls on deaf ears with the stupid uneducated Moon Bats.

• Up to 350-mile range (pickup) and 300-mile range (SUV).

`
That is EPA estimated mileage and it under what you will get in real life. At best without a load you will get 70% of that mileage. Under load and either in cold weather or inclined terrain or driving more than 60 MPH it will be drastically reduced.

That goes for all EVs.

That is EPA estimated mileage and it under what you will get in real life. At best without a load you will get 70% of that mileage. Under load and either in cold weather or inclined terrain or driving more than 60 MPH it will be drastically reduced.

That goes for all EVs.
people are testing these EVs and they are failing bigly.

Forum List

Back