GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

Yup. I have actually gone back to the old school wired electric tools.
For convenience we use the battery ones. Love my battery weed whipper.
But never leave the batteries in the cold, as they overheat and won't charge in the freezing weather.
Exactly why I wouldn't want a giant lithium fire hazard directly under my ass when driving.

One can only presume that a prospective purchaser will have the mental capacity to assess whether it is the best option for the purchaser's specific needs. If s/he has a 8,000 pound boat to tow up to the lake that is 200 miles away, maybe a Diesel is the better option, however, filling that tank will be something on the order of $150, and his fuel economy with that boat will be in the very low 2-digits.

And for the other 363 days of the year he's much, much better off with the EV. He cuts the fuel cost by 70%, cuts maintenance by a similar amount, and the fucking thing will go like stink when he cares to make it do so.

I'm not sure I understand the EV nay-sayers. Rational thought seems to elude them.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
Show it pulling a 50" x 40" stump from the dry spot in the yard about 150 yards down to the swamp for me. Also the charge before and after it does that. First off, I'd like to see it do it in the 1st place. ;)

For convenience we use the battery ones. Love my battery weed whipper.
But never leave the batteries in the cold, as they overheat and won't charge in the freezing weather.
Exactly why I wouldn't want a giant lithium fire hazard directly under my ass when driving.
When the L-I battery in your drill or weed whacker goes out it cost less than $100 to replace it.

When the L-I battery goes out in your RV it cost about $30,000 to replace it.

One can only presume that a prospective purchaser will have the mental capacity to assess whether it is the best option for the purchaser's specific needs. If s/he has a 8,000 pound boat to tow up to the lake that is 200 miles away, maybe a Diesel is the better option, however, filling that tank will be something on the order of $150, and his fuel economy with that boat will be in the very low 2-digits.

And for the other 363 days of the year he's much, much better off with the EV. He cuts the fuel cost by 70%, cuts maintenance by a similar amount, and the fucking thing will go like stink when he cares to make it do so.

I'm not sure I understand the EV nay-sayers. Rational thought seems to elude them.
It's not as efficient when more is spent to power the batteries than would be in fuel to power a similar truck.

The 6.6 liter, long box, crew cab ICE version sells for 82,500.
The Sierra Denali Edition 1 EV goes for $107,000

Last week my wife and I had to drive from Central Florida to Ft Wayne Indiana for a funeral. We drove because there were no airplane flights that would accommodate our schedule.

Our son lives in Atlanta and has a Tesla. He drove up to Ft Wayne also.

Last Saturday we all drove back home. My wife and I left Ft Wayne at 5:00 in the morning and made it to Atlanta by a few minutes after 3:00. Our son left at the same time as us within a few minutes. He did not arrive in Atlanta until almost 6:00. The difference was that he had to take a longer route to get charging stations. It also took him a long time to charge up the damn thing. He was concerned about running out of juice going over the mountains in Tennessee and Kentucky.

By the way, it cost him almost as much to do the charging on the road as it cost us in gas and that is with Potatohead's inflated cost of fuel.

EVs suck.

overpriced DeWalt keeps changing the design forcing people to buy a whole new tool set.

Not so.

In their mainstream 18V/20V range, I'm aware of only two battery configurations. There is the old 18V nickle-cadmium batteries, and then there's the newer 20V lithium batteries.

They sell an adapter to use the new 20V batteries in the old 18V tools. Given how obsolete NiCad battery technology is, compared to Lithium-Ion, it doesn't make any sense for them to continue to make the old NiCads, nor would it make sense for a consumer to buy them. Just by the adapter, buy a new charger, and buy the new batteries, and you can use them in your old tools.

abu afak
See your being generous with the little thumb you keep up your ass.
How about actual comments instead of hiding?
Have something to say?
Then say it coward.

So when I go 400 miles off grid to use my boat or camper like I usually do, how do I recharge?

A gas generator, genius.
If you buy one, one assumes you know it's not fit for every purpose or locale. (you check before you leave or alter course if it's very rural) (Camper locations will probably be getting them too)
Duh!
If you are going off road don't purchase Ferrari either you Low IQ Jackass.
Biden's infra bill alone is adding 500,000 charging locations.

`

If you buy one, one assumes you know it's not fit for every purpose or locale. (you check before you leave or alter course if it's very rural)
Duh!
If you are going off road don't purchase Ferrari either you Low IQ Jackass.
Biden's infra bill alone is adding 500,000 charging locations.

`
So its still an individual choice?
Tell that to the idiots in California trying to ban ICE vehicles.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
400 mile range?

Max speed 5 mph. 100 pound woman driver. No cargo. Downhill all the way, With a 60 mph tailwind! Three illegal aliens pushing.

So its still an individual choice?
Tell that to the idiots in California trying to ban ICE vehicles.
Listen you Moron
You're a12 IQ twit, and you won't bet getting any more answers.
I answered you fully you ldiot.

Just Neg feedbacks from now on UNLESS I want to really show how stupid you are/Embarrass you.... Again.
Bye

`

As I watched two tribes dessimate the Walleye populations in a couple popular lakes here, because they insist on netting for commercial reasons during the spring spawn when it is illegal for anyone else to take a single fish.

Gimme a fucking break Tonto.
:45:
dessimate? Is that what Lucy did when she had kids with Desi Arnez?

WTF does that mean?

Listen you Moron
You're a12 IQ twit, and you won't bet getting any more answers.
I answered you fully you ldiot.

Just Neg feedbacks from now on UNLESS I want to really show how stupid you are/Embarrass you.... Again.
Bye

`
Yup.
Hide behind your little thumb, little man.
:auiqs.jpg:
Meanwhile gas trucks are still a big seller.

One can only presume that a prospective Purchaser will have the Mental capacity to assess whether it is the best option for the purchaser's specific needs. If s/he has a 8,000 pound boat to tow up to the lake that is 200 miles away, maybe a Diesel is the better option, however, filling that tank will be something on the order of $150, and his fuel economy with that boat will be in the very low 2-digits. And for the other 363 Days of the year he's much, much Better off with the EV. He Cuts the fuel Cost by 70%, cuts Maintenance by a similar amount, and the fucking thing will go like stink when he cares to make it do so.

Thank you
Please read it you 12 IQ idiots.
""Yes, but it can't win a drag race.""
`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back