🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GObP/Rs attack the First Amendment

this thread is so full of win. i just wanted to add to it.

as has been said

luddly is a proven liar, thus his claim in the OP is probably false

this has nothing to do with the first amendment

luddly needs to take a course on what the first amendment means and who it applies to...he probably thinks the first amendment applies to this board

Worst part of it all, he votes!! :faint:

Not surprising that not one brain washed rw GETS IT.

Or, much more likely, not one of you CHOOSES to get it.

If an elected Dem politician refused to allow public dissent, either on fb or a town hall meeting, you rw's would never stop whining and screeching about it. And, you would be right to do so.

But, because its Repubs running away from embarrassing questions, you have every lame excuse you can think of.

This is very interesting ... I post to the fb pages of my state senator and my representative. (They really don't "represent me, but you get my drift.) I am always civil and on topic. Suddenly, I am barred from those fb pages. Posted on another fb page are comments from others who have also been banned from their own congressperson's page.

Just now, tried to post to the GObP fb page and got the same message - that I cannot post there.

In the past, rather than address issues brought up in various posts, the 'webmaster' of the fb pages would go through the messages several times a day and delete anything negative or questioning.

(In contrast, negative and down right nasty messages are left up at the official WH/Obama fb page.)

This is very much like what we've seen the Rs do at so-called "town meetings" where they have people hauled out by security so embarrassing questions can't be asked. Or where Rs have run away from microphones so they wouldn't have to face the American people.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The only thing the Rs have not done is pass a law that silences the opposition.

Hey, at least we aren't using armed guards to keep WWII vets out of their own memorial. That's an attack on our history. We won't be having that. There will be hell or high water before we allow you to treat them with such disrespect.

Last edited:
You're also likely to get arrested if you stand on their front lawn and yell.

Somebody should make a law...

So, you're saying that only Americans who agree with the right wing should be able to talk to rw politicians?

And, that if you disagree with rw politicians, there should be a law against you voicing that opposition.

No wonder its known as The Party Of Stupid People.

well you think if someone disagrees with you.....they are either...Anti-American or Traitors..... they are ALL haters.....and of course they are ALL "rw's"....how in the hell are you any different?.....:eusa_eh:

This is very interesting ... I post to the fb pages of my state senator and my representative. (They really don't "represent me, but you get my drift.) I am always civil and on topic. Suddenly, I am barred from those fb pages. Posted on another fb page are comments from others who have also been banned from their own congressperson's page.

Just now, tried to post to the GObP fb page and got the same message - that I cannot post there.

In the past, rather than address issues brought up in various posts, the 'webmaster' of the fb pages would go through the messages several times a day and delete anything negative or questioning.

(In contrast, negative and down right nasty messages are left up at the official WH/Obama fb page.)

This is very much like what we've seen the Rs do at so-called "town meetings" where they have people hauled out by security so embarrassing questions can't be asked. Or where Rs have run away from microphones so they wouldn't have to face the American people.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The only thing the Rs have not done is pass a law that silences the opposition.

CryBabyTissueBox.jpg

What does that have to do with the first amendment?

And why would we believe your claim are civil and on topic there when you are never either here?

I suppose your bias contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The First Amendment says Congress shall make no laws ...., and L.N. simply suggested the FB page violated the spirit of what all of America believes, that we can all express are opinions freely and without fear of being censored, or worse.

Also, please interpret your last sentence(?).

You stated this very well. Thanks very much.

Its always the Repubs who run away from questions.

Always.

then how come when YOU START a thread .....and questions are asked about what YOU said in your OP......how come so many fucking times.....you abandon your own thread?....care to tell us why its OK for you to run from questions, but everyone else or rather...."rw's" are supposed to stick around to answer them?........

If an elected Dem politician refused to allow public dissent, either on fb or a town hall meeting, you rw's would never stop whining and screeching about it. And, you would be right to do so.

But, because its Repubs running away from embarrassing questions, you have every lame excuse you can think of.

Again, they do it all the time. In fact, they even pack meetings so they don't have to listen to people with brains. Until you get that, you shouldn't even try to argue that you are smarter than the virus that caused my cold.

I suppose your bias contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The First Amendment says Congress shall make no laws ...., and L.N. simply suggested the FB page violated the spirit of what all of America believes, that we can all express are opinions freely and without fear of being censored, or worse.

Always.

then how come when YOU START a thread .....and questions are asked about what YOU said in your OP......how come so many fucking times.....you abandon your own thread?....care to tell us why its OK for you to run from questions, but everyone else or rather...."rw's" are supposed to stick around to answer them?........

this

It's normal for most conservative discussion boards on the internet to ban dissenting opinions. Since they can't refute what a liberal says, they have to ban liberals from speaking. They have no other choice. Any dissent might start some of the cultists thinking for themselves, and who knows what kind of freedom that would lead to.

Really so the Op being barred from some facebook pages is the doing of Republicans are the Republicans also responsible for Harry Reid's webpage comment page being shut down? Last I checked the Republicans did not own or control facebook Harry I suspect does have control over what happens with his webpage.

It's normal for most conservative discussion boards on the internet to ban dissenting opinions. Since they can't refute what a liberal says, they have to ban liberals from speaking. They have no other choice. Any dissent might start some of the cultists thinking for themselves, and who knows what kind of freedom that would lead to.

but you have nothing to say about your buddy Dudley who claims Conservatives run from questions when he does the same dam thing?.....hey just askin....

I know people that got banned form Democratic Underground for saying that Republicans occasionally get something almost right.

I know people that got banned form Democratic Underground for saying that Republicans occasionally get something almost right.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that it's clear that the DU is run by Right Wing Republicans who want to make Democrats look bad. As if we have to do anything to make them look bad.

Just another reason I question the veracity of you being civil.

Always.

luddly is still running from your question....:lol:

Always.

luddly is still running from your question....:lol:

ill give him the weekend.....the little fella might actually have a life....

Forum List

Back