God Damn !! - Maus banned in Tennnessee for curse words like "God damn!!"

Yeah, that would be effective if I was opposing the school board's decision, but since they have the legal right to set curriculum and materials for their district, I can support their decision--You are the dumb fuck that figures you can FORCE your will on others---well you know. STFU

uh-huh ... they are a very small group of people that take no account of the thousands they serve. there was no inquiry ... how many parents WANT that book in school?

you were wrong when you opined that the book was making light of a very dark part of history... you knew nothing about it - only thought it was a 'comic' book ... thereby minimizing its content & relevancy to fact.

uh-huh ... they are a very small group of people that take no account of the thousands they serve. there was no inquiry ... how many parents WANT that book in school?

you were wrong when you opined that the book was making light of a very dark part of history... you knew nothing about it - only thought it was a 'comic' book ... thereby minimizing its content & relevancy to fact.
What was that you said about "Deflection denied!" FAIL. The school board is ELECTED by the parents in the district, moron. They have the voice. You don't--unless you go in there and try to fix another election. STFU, you don't have anymore standing in the discussion than the limey OP.

What was that you said about "Deflection denied!" FAIL. The school board is ELECTED by the parents in the district, moron. They have the voice.

they took it upon themselves to ban a book based on ' adult content' & they elaborated saying it contained bad language & nudity.

which is absurd. they did not take into account others' opinions (parents),only their own.

You don't--unless you go in there and try to fix another election.

lol ... yer chosen one is a loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

accept it.

STFU, you don't have anymore standing in the discussion than the limey OP.

<pffffft>

flick.jpg

So, what do we have here....A book being banned by a school district for language, and nudity, in the elementary, and middle school levels, but retained at the high school level. A book that was written by a progressive liberal, complete with extreme anti semitic views, praised by other progressive liberals who decide what to award based on like minded review....

It's no wonder that the progressive liberals on this board are defending keeping this book available to young people, because that has been their goal since their take over of the school system...To corrupt, and destroy the education system...

T
they took it upon themselves to ban a book based on ' adult content' & they elaborated saying it contained bad language & nudity.

which is absurd. they did not take into account others' opinions (parents),only their own.

lol ... yer chosen one is a loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

accept it.

<pffffft>

View attachment 594320
The parents have a voice when they vote--YOU HAVE NONE, and it just twists your panties all in a wad. LMAO Oh look I can play the cartoon meme game too. OOOOOO!
Flip the bird copy.jpg

So, that's only acceptable to you when you agree with the board eh?

8 curse words and a drawing of a NAKED female mouse.

Its not the end of the world but it is a signpost on the way. One of the board commented that there was a lot of unpleasant stuff in the Pulitzer Prize winning book. There must be a way to depict the Holocaust without subjecting the kids to unpleasentness.

Its easy to mock these people but I am sure they are genuinely doing what they think is best for the kids. But really.....................
Shitty book, but shouldn't be banned.

So, what do we have here....A book being banned by a school district for language, and nudity, in the elementary, and middle school levels, but retained at the high school level. A book that was written by a progressive liberal, complete with extreme anti semitic views, praised by other progressive liberals who decide what to award based on like minded review....

It's no wonder that the progressive liberals on this board are defending keeping this book available to young people, because that has been their goal since their take over of the school system...To corrupt, and destroy the education system...
The book draws on his own families experience in the camps.

What was that you said about "Deflection denied!" FAIL. The school board is ELECTED by the parents in the district, moron. They have the voice. You don't--unless you go in there and try to fix another election. STFU, you don't have anymore standing in the discussion than the limey OP.
And they can be voted out too.

I have always been skeptical of 'book bans'.
For one thing, too many of the bans are of some pretty darn good books.
Also, too many of the bans have been sparked by people who don't know a lot about books.....or what's in 'em.
So be it. I ain't gonna fuss too much about a naughty word and a naked mouse in this current brouhaha over there in ScopesMonkey-stan.

However, the follow along postings on this thread do offer us a hint of the real-world reality that often develops after a vigilent book-banning.

Here, lemme show you.

I'm fairly sure I think I have heard that in some school districts in Texas the following books have been banned:
  • Mind Your Manners ...by J.Sierra
  • Penguin Says Please ....by M.Dahl
  • F**king Good Manners ....by S.Griffin.
And the result of those book bans, you ask?
Well, as long as you asked, lemme give you an example:

"You fail in all fucking categories, you piece of fucking shit. Why don't you just focus on your own bullshit, conquered, weaselly little Cymru kingdom, now ass fucked by your current monarch, and get the fuck off our boards?"
------------------------------------------

So see?
There is a price to be paid for banning books.
Too many students don't have the opportunity to fully develop without the insights and instructions contained in books.

Just sayin'.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I was growing up and was told by my parents/guardians that I shouldn't read or see something, one of the first things I did was go out and see if I could find the object/picture/book in question, and then I would check it out to see if I found anything that was objectionable. Sometimes I did, but most times I didn't. It was just an example of my parents/guardians trying to keep me from not thinking for myself and to think as they did. As I grew up, I continued to think for myself and check things out that others found objectionable with the same results. Sometimes I found it to be not to my taste, or on rare occasions, it would offend me, but I didn't and won't start a crusade to keep others from seeing it. Remember "Piss Christ" from a few years back? Me? I didn't like it, as well as thought it was in bad taste, but hey, that's art, and I didn't know what was going through the creator's mind when they did it. But, I'm also not going to stop others from seeing it, they should make up their own minds. Same with this book. And, to be fair, have you seen some of the crap on television and movies that kids are seeing nowadays with their parent's approval?

I can think for myself, and I would expect others to allow me that freedom, as I will allow others to see and think what they want, even if I strongly disagree with it.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I was growing up and was told by my parents/guardians that I shouldn't read or see something, one of the first things I did was go out and see if I could find the object/picture/book in question, and then I would check it out to see if I found anything that was objectionable. Sometimes I did, but most times I didn't. It was just an example of my parents/guardians trying to keep me from not thinking for myself and to think as they did. As I grew up, I continued to think for myself and check things out that others found objectionable with the same results. Sometimes I found it to be not to my taste, or on rare occasions, it would offend me, but I didn't and won't start a crusade to keep others from seeing it. Remember "Piss Christ" from a few years back? Me? I didn't like it, as well as thought it was in bad taste, but hey, that's art, and I didn't know what was going through the creator's mind when they did it. But, I'm also not going to stop others from seeing it, they should make up their own minds. Same with this book. And, to be fair, have you seen some of the crap on television and movies that kids are seeing nowadays with their parent's approval?

I can think for myself, and I would expect others to allow me that freedom, as I will allow others to see and think what they want, even if I strongly disagree with it.
They are trying to protect 14 year olds from a few swearwords. But in that area most 114 year old girls are already married and would benefit from a more adult education. Laughable.

8 curse words and a drawing of a NAKED female mouse.

Its not the end of the world but it is a signpost on the way. One of the board commented that there was a lot of unpleasant stuff in the Pulitzer Prize winning book. There must be a way to depict the Holocaust without subjecting the kids to unpleasentness.

Its easy to mock these people but I am sure they are genuinely doing what they think is best for the kids. But really.....................
You have to wonder why the Trump Cult is so fearful of books. Is it because they don't want the truth published and possibly read by their children. If they want to ban something patently harmful, they should ban the bible! Bigly!!!

Maus is a great graphic novel. If anything, it should be *required* reading for middle school kids. The comic book format might appeal to kids who’d be otherwise uninterested in traditional novels.

But of course a handful of overweight, under-sexed, bored housewives ruined it with their fake outrage. Someone needs to give them something to keep them busy.

Have you read the book?

how on earth can you cal” it anti-Semitic?

Forum List

Back