God has not seen fit to make my life easy

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I believe in him anyway, but I resent him.

I don't go to church, as my way of punishing him.

Some would say I should count my blessings, and be grateful for the things I do have.

I don't pray.

I still believe in God, but I don't pray.

All I feel towards God is resentment.

Some would say I should count my blessings, and be grateful for the things I do have.

I don't pray.

You say your life is hard and I'm sure it's harder than others. But, consider. You are alive, you were born into an affluent country. Unless you're using Internet in a public library, you're not homeless and you have the money to pay for home Internet. You're not starving and based on the regularity of your postings, I'm going to guess you've not enduring long hospital stays for life-threatening illnesses.

It's difficult to say if these blessings are the result of G-d's intervention or your life choices.

I don't pray.

You say your life is hard and I'm sure it's harder than others. But, consider. You are alive, you were born into an affluent country. Unless you're using Internet in a public library, you're not homeless and you have the money to pay for home Internet. You're not starving and based on the regularity of your postings, I'm going to guess you've not enduring long hospital stays for life-threatening illnesses.

It's difficult to say if these blessings are the result of G-d's intervention or your life choices.
All this is true, and I know I should be grateful because now I do have a full-time job, and for the first time in my life I can pay my bills and actually save money.

But the many, many years of disappointment and failure have hardened me and made me resent God with a bitterness I still feel in my heart.

I almost never pray.

I don't pray.

All this is true, and I know I should be grateful because now I do have a full-time job, and for the first time in my life I can pay my bills and actually save money.

But the many, many years of disappointment and failure have hardened me and made me resent God with a bitterness I still feel in my heart.

I almost never pray.
I did too, then he started to talk to me again..First thing he said was, "stop making jokes about my son"...

I'm sorry to hear that, for all of you, but I still don't understand. God gave you health problems? Why would He do that?
If I could answer that question, I would understand one of the deepest problems in the universe. Even Lot didn't get an answer. God admonished him for even asking the question.

I don't pray.

I almost never pray.

And that's fine. I don't think G-d is that concerned if you pray or not. However, it's been my experience that prayer can be a meditative act. In particular, Jewish prayer is a stylized act not that different from meditating on a mantra. The words I speak, the physical actions I perform, even the items I wear during the prayer do not vary. Going through this act clears my mind of the cares of the day, focuses my concentration, and has a significant calming effect. Not everyone will enjoy the same benefits from prayer or meditation, but millions do.

I don't pray.

IMO- what you feel towards God is irrelevant. God does not care what you feel towards "him". Nor does God care what happens to you or whether you go to church or not. God is not a single entity, but rather the collective conscience of all living things. In some ways God is like gravity. It acts the way it acts without deliberation or thought, and never feels remorse, pain or sympathy.

Forum List

Back