God... Is Time.

Its so fast we are unable to percieve it happening.

Exactly, but we know by physics that it HAS happened and thus what we perceive is already in the past.
The technical past, the practical present.

There's only one present. Your "practical present" is in the past. It's not technical, it's actual.
By technical i meant actual. So you just wasted......time!

Whats the moment when light hits your brain, itself, called?

The light is from the past. Yupp.

Whats the moment it hits your brain called? The present.

Its not simply a perception - its something that we measure that exists in reality that weve given a name to.

You cannot prove what you cannot observe. You can have faith that present time exists.

This is why I think Time is God.
Except we can observe it. We measure it. Not on faith, but with tools.

Cutting posts does nothing for ya either, bud.

Well then, I guess we're measuring God, aren't we?

We cannot observe the present time. All our perceptions are dependent upon laws of nature and physics. Anything we have perceived already happened, it's over... it's forever in the past. We don't know if there is a present. We assume there must have been... that's faith.

Its so fast we are unable to percieve it happening.

Exactly, but we know by physics that it HAS happened and thus what we perceive is already in the past.
The technical past, the practical present.

There's only one present. Your "practical present" is in the past. It's not technical, it's actual.
By technical i meant actual. So you just wasted......time!

Whats the moment when light hits your brain, itself, called?

The light is from the past. Yupp.

Whats the moment it hits your brain called? The present.

You mean the moment the light from something that is no longer in the present reaches the brain? And before the brain registers the light and sends signals to the nerves to produce our perception?

yes... all evidence that we do not perceive the present.

If youre going to give the unit of measurement (time) to describe light speed reaching our brain and calling our perception of it "the past,"

What would you call the moment the light hits your brain itself - independent of when the light was from, but the moment its signal hits your brain? What unit of measurement would you give that moment?

Or tapping a nerve ending that you percieve instantaneously (no travel=no time).

Thats whatnwe call the present.

Umm..."present" is a term derived from said calculation.

Its as simple as mean, median mode.

Large, medium, small.

Sorry you no comprende.

No, the word "present" seems to mean (to you), the perceptions we have of things in the past.

I am still waiting for your proof that present time exists.

I dont need to prove whats already proven.

Time is a unit of measure - it is proven to exist, we use tools and can calculate it.

The present is is not something as imagined as...say...."god is time cuz i said so!"

Further - proving our perception of time and WHEN we percieve something doesnt disprove that present exists. It only shows our brains interaction with it.

For all intents and purposes, perception of time has dick all to do with time itself. Time is a measurement of movement, not of human perception. Present is simply where past and future intersect.

If youre going to give the unit of measurement (time) to describe light speed reaching our brain and calling our perception of it "the past,"

What would you call the moment the light hits your brain itself - independent of when the light was from, but the moment its signal hits your brain? What unit of measurement would you give that moment?

Or tapping a nerve ending that you percieve instantaneously (no travel=no time).

Thats whatnwe call the present.

We can "call" things whatever we damn well please. I can "call" a zebra a striped horse. This doesn't mean a thing to physics. Our perception operates on physics, we don't perceive instantly with no travel/no time. It takes time for light to travel, for electric impulses to travel. We can't perceive present time, we only have the perception of time that has very recently passed, but it HAS passed. It's no longer in the present if it has already passed.

I dont need to prove whats already proven.

It's not proven and it can't be proven. That's why I've challenged you to prove it.
I just took a step forward.

That proves time exists.

Again, time is a unit of measure of movement.

Now, to disprove time, youll have to disprove motion.

Good luck bro. Ill be right here on the treadmill quite literally time travelling while you try to disprove time. The manmade unit of measure.

...doesnt disprove that present exists.

Hold on... I don't have to disprove something you've yet to prove. ....Remember God?
Again....time is proven by motion.

Because its literally its measurement.

Are you disputing motion? Lay your evidence on the table that motion doesnt exist.

The present is is not something as imagined as...say....

LOL... My faith's better than yours? Is that what you're trying to say?

You have faith the present exists. You do not have proof. You cannot show proof that present time currently exists or that any future time might exist. All you can prove is that time existed.

Time does not exist ...

How said Sokrates? "The people accept my authority because I'm able to say on very good reasons what I don't know why." Okay - after a few thousand years it's not so easy to remember something very accurate any longer. But last year in Boulder (USA) for example phycicists used Strontium with a frequency of 430-thousand-billion Hz to build a clock. This clock fails only a second in 5 billion years. Nearly unbelieveable. So if time does not exist - what did they do?

Made a highly accurate measurement of the holographic illusion I like to call..."reality"

Normally - without the danger to go lost in translation - I had answered "Krurk" now - or something like this - to create a little surprise. Surprise is the reality what shows us "reality is outside". So: How is time able to be a holographic Illusion outside of the freedom of our thoughts? Gives you anything a concrete hint how time could be a holographic illusion? Or do you think in general we are living in a kind of PC-game in a Matrix or something like this and we are also our own holographic illusion? But why holographic? Why not only illusion?

Last edited:
Every step i take here running proves the present existed. Now its in the past.

Upp...there goes again.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

The sole and single thing that cannot be doubted to exist is consciousness.

...doesnt disprove that present exists.

Hold on... I don't have to disprove something you've yet to prove. ....Remember God?
Again....time is proven by motion.

Because its literally its measurement.

Are you disputing motion? Lay your evidence on the table that motion doesnt exist.

LOL... I have never disputed that Time exists!
... that would make me an Atheist because I believe Time is God. ;)

If Time is proven by motion then so is God.

You're supposed to be proving present time exists and not running away like a little girl.

Boss knows that time travel to the future is done and proven, right boss?

The faster you move relative to other humans the faster their time passes, to you. Not only your brain though, which is fascinating. Your very cells dont age as much.

Funky! And im travelling to the future right now. Its proven mathmatically, not just in the hypothesis stages any more.

Forum List

Back