God... Is Time.

You admit "past," ipso facto you admit present and future. Because the mere definition of "past" is how it falls on the time line in relation to present and future.

I've not denied that present or future might exist.

I have faith they do and will, respectively.

I can't prove it, I have faith in it like I have faith in God.

"past" is a descriptive term.

Right.. it means "not the present or future." Also.. "history."

Did you want to make a point?
i did make a point, you concede the existence of one, you concede the existence of all three.

otherwise the term is meaningless.

"history" also implies "then" in relation to....THE EVENT'S FUTURE.

Past, is history, it's THEN, but only in relation to present and future. dumbass.

motion proves Time then it proves God
Motion MEASURES time and therefore by your own moronic "logic" measures the immeasurable God.

No, God is proven by Time. God can still be Time + (R)

Motion cannot happen without Time.
god is proven by time?

:lol:

flesh that out.

Already did... Go read the OP.
it was insignificant for what i'd constitute as proof.

so from my vehicle, you havent.

from yours you have?

ok, good for you bro.

i did make a point, you concede the existence of one, you concede the existence of all three.

Past, is history, it's THEN, but only in relation to present and future. dumbass.

Well surely you don't think past history is currently happening, do you? This sounds a bit nuts.

I've not "conceded" anything here. I don't know where you get such an idea. All my points have been made and supported, you're the one having a problem. Most of us comprehend the concept of time, past, present and future. Trying to pretend these are arbitrary terms that don't mean anything is silly. Trying to blur distinction between the past and present is just downright dishonest.

I believe God exists, so I believe that Time exists, and we have a perception of that time after it passes.

Well surely you don't think past history is currently happening, do you? This sounds a bit nuts.

I've not "conceded" anything here. I don't know where you get such an idea. All my points have been made and supported, you're the one having a problem. Most of us comprehend the concept of time, past, present and future. Trying to pretend these are arbitrary terms that don't mean anything is silly. Trying to blur distinction between the past and present is just downright dishonest.

I believe God exists, so I believe that Time exists, and we have a perception of that time after it passes.
You play too many games to be an adult.

11th grade, if I had a guess.

YOURE the one that said only the past is proven to exist, but not the present and future.

If past is PASSED, literally, that is RELATIVE TO PRESENT AND FUTURE.

So by saying past exists, you necessarily concede present and future exist.

If you don't understand yet, I'll break out the crayons and glitter glue like I usually have to for conservatives who cannot follow the nuance of a typical conversation.

If you do understand but are being some sort of child about it, ok? Fuck you, then.

I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

Thank Time I'm smarter than you. Time damn you're dumb.

As I made my theist friend admit last night, it doesnt matter if we dont believe. Does time punish us if we dont believe? If god is time what is the devil?

Let's assume you are right something created the universe. Now tell us why you believe in an afterlife.

You play too many games to be an adult.

11th grade, if I had a guess.

YOURE the one that said only the past is proven to exist, but not the present and future.

If past is PASSED, literally, that is RELATIVE TO PRESENT AND FUTURE.

So by saying past exists, you necessarily concede present and future exist.

If you don't understand yet, I'll break out the crayons and glitter glue like I usually have to for conservatives who cannot follow the nuance of a typical conversation.

If you do understand but are being some sort of child about it, ok? Fuck you, then.

Ah. So we're back to the insults and denigration?

I've not said ANY time is proven to exist. There is evidence time happened and has passed. Does past time "exist" anymore?

Present time is not observable, it's not physically possible. The best we can do is have faith that present time happened because we have a perception of passed time. Likewise, we can only have faith that future time will exist.

I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

Thank Time I'm smarter than you. Time damn you're dumb.

As I made my theist friend admit last night, it doesnt matter if we dont believe. Does time punish us if we dont believe? If god is time what is the devil?

Let's assume you are right something created the universe. Now tell us why you believe in an afterlife.

Wow... You quoted the OP but you don't seem to have read it. This is NOT a religious debate thread.

Motion cannot happen without Time.
Ass backwards yet again. Time cannot happen without motion.

And yet time passes for things not in motion.
the entire universe is in motion. another moron post from a retarded thread.

Well parts are in motion, parts are moving faster than the speed of light and parts are motionless. Time, however, is constantly happening. Regardless of whether Time facilitates motion or motion facilitates Time, the perception of present and future time is non-observable and depends on our faith that it exists.

Forum List

Back