God... Is Time.

I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

Thank Time I'm smarter than you. Time damn you're dumb.

As I made my theist friend admit last night, it doesnt matter if we dont believe. Does time punish us if we dont believe? If god is time what is the devil?

Let's assume you are right something created the universe. Now tell us why you believe in an afterlife.

Wow... You quoted the OP but you don't seem to have read it. This is NOT a religious debate thread.
Then why is it in the religion section?

Motion cannot happen without Time.
Ass backwards yet again. Time cannot happen without motion.

And yet time passes for things not in motion.
And this proves a god exists and cares about you?

Don't know about caring. Time proves God exists.
That's completely unsupportable.
It's one of those clever unprovable debate squirts...

the entire universe is in motion. another moron post from a retarded thread.

Well parts are in motion, parts are moving faster than the speed of light and parts are motionless. Time, however, is constantly happening. Regardless of whether Time facilitates motion or motion facilitates Time, the perception of present and future time is non-observable and depends on our faith that it exists.
The newly created religion of "Time Pwooves Gawds"

Time does not exist ...

How said Sokrates? "The people accept my authority because I'm able to say on very good reasons what I don't know why." Okay - after a few thousand years it's not so easy to remember something very accurate any longer. But last year in Boulder (USA) for example phycicists used Strontium with a frequency of 430-thousand-billion Hz to build a clock. This clock fails only a second in 5 billion years. Nearly unbelieveable. So if time does not exist - what did they do?

Made a highly accurate measurement of the holographic illusion I like to call..."reality"

Normally - witzhout the danger to go lost in translation - I had answered "Krurk" now - or something like this - to create a little surprise. Surprise is the reality what shows us "reality is outside". So: How is time able to be a holographic Illusion outside of the freedom of our thougts? Gives you anything a concrete hint how time could be a holographic illusion? Or do you think in general we are living in a kind of PC-game in a matrix or sometjing like this and we are also our own holographic illusion? But why holographic? Why not only illusion?

a projected a virtual experiment by the great I am created in linear time to study "emotions"

Why have I to think now about a guy who accomplished a mission by eating a pretzel without to die, so the world has now a lot of neverending work? ... Holographic flash back? ...

Monolog des Blinden

Alle, die vorübergehn,
gehn vorbei,
Sieht mich, weil ich blind bin, keiner stehn?
Und ich steh seit Drei ...

Jetzt beginnt es noch zu regnen!
Wenn es regnet, ist der Mensch nicht gut.
Wer mir dann begegnet, tut
so, als würde er mir nicht begegnen.

Ohne Augen steh ich in der Stadt.
Und sie dröhnt, als stünde ich am Meer.
Abends lauf ich hinter einem Hunde her,
der mich an der Leine hat.

Meine Augen hatten im August
ihren zwölften Sterbetag.
Warum traf der Splitter nicht die Brust
und das Herz, das nicht mehr mag?

Ach, kein Mensch kauft handgemalte
Ansichtskarten, denn ich hab kein Glück.
Einen Groschen, Stück für Stück!
Wo ich selber sieben Pfennig zahlte.

Früher sah ich alles so wie sie:
Sonne, Blumen, Frau und Stadt.
Und wie meine Mutter ausgesehen hat,
das vergeß ich nie.

Krieg macht blind. Das sehe ich an mir.
Und es regnet. Und es geht der Wind.
Ist denn keine fremde Mutter hier,
die an ihre eignen Söhne denkt?
Und kein Kind,
dem die Mutter etwas für mich schenkt?

Erich Kästner

I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

I always start with the realization that since we still argue the existence of God, or non-existence of God, even after millenia, there's no winning or convincing arguement either way.

"Don't fear answers. Fear running out of questions."

If God is time, then the Bible lied or was wrong when it said God is eternal. Time is not eternal and was created during the Big Bang. Prior to that event, time didn't exist. So if God is time, then GOd didn't exist until the Big Bang created it.

That is the Newtonian view of the universe, a body at rest stays at rest unless acted upon by an outside force, but then along came Einstein's there is no such thing as a body at rest, everything is constantly being acted upon by outside forces. You, like your God, are stuck in the past.

Time, however, is constantly happening.
Time is anything but constant!

Space_is_contineous-540x315.jpg

If God is time, then the Bible lied or was wrong when it said God is eternal. Time is not eternal and was created during the Big Bang. Prior to that event, time didn't exist. So if God is time, then GOd didn't exist until the Big Bang created it.
My biggest question has always been, how was God created?

My biggest question has always been, how was God created?

Logicly, and using actual science, God woulda had to evolve just as we are. Humble beginnings, became what we lesser evolved beings would call a god over time. Not without precedent afterall. Much of what used to be attributed to the gods is now possible by us. Gods are still credited for making it rain, but we can do that via cloud seeding. Gods are credited with 'bringing back the dead' and medical science has evolved to the point where we can "revive" someone anicent people's woulda buried as dead no problem.

We do not perceive the present. It's physically impossible. Everything perceived is in the past.
to comprehend the present for eternity is the ultimate goal.

there is no dimension of time associated with the Everlasting, perception of the Everlasting can only be accomplished at the passing of the Apex of Knowledge, when allowed Admittance by the Almighty.

Forum List

Back