God... Is Time.

If time is "constantly happening" then time is constantly in the present. But you are claiming that time is constantly in the past, that it is lagging the present. That is the concept of a block universe.

No, I did not claim time is constantly in the past. I stated (correctly) that our perception of time can only be a perception of time which has already passed. We can't observe present time any more than we can observe future time, if future time exists at all.
We can only observe present time, only the perception of what we observed lags. Time is only and always in the present, perception of the present lags and conception of the future precedes.

But we can't observe present time, that's my point. Anything you perceive has already occurred. It took time for information to travel and your brain to register it. What you are perceiving as "present" is actually the past. It has already happened. This is not philosophy, it's physics. You cannot prove the present exists, you only have evidence to suggest it existed at one time. By the time you perceive present, the present has passed.

It makes me wonder if a "present" time can really be defined. It exists to us personally, but a lot of it is illusionary.

Bingo! Just as God is something we cannot observe directly or prove the existence of.

Faith is required to believe Time exists... and God.

If time is "constantly happening" then time is constantly in the present. But you are claiming that time is constantly in the past, that it is lagging the present. That is the concept of a block universe.

No, I did not claim time is constantly in the past. I stated (correctly) that our perception of time can only be a perception of time which has already passed. We can't observe present time any more than we can observe future time, if future time exists at all.
We can only observe present time, only the perception of what we observed lags. Time is only and always in the present, perception of the present lags and conception of the future precedes.

But we can't observe present time, that's my point. Anything you perceive has already occurred. It took time for information to travel and your brain to register it. What you are perceiving as "present" is actually the past. It has already happened. This is not philosophy, it's physics. You cannot prove the present exists, you only have evidence to suggest it existed at one time. By the time you perceive present, the present has passed.
Conceding that the past exists concedes the present exists, youre just way too juvenile minded to get why. Thats your ineptitude, not anyones but yours.

Past only exists IF theres a present and future. Otherwise past DOESNT EVEN EXIST, because its not passed or past anything.

No, you are saying that there is no present because for the present to exist it must be perceived and comprehended at the same instant it happens, which is typically moronic of you. The present is always the present no matter how long it takes an outside observer to perceive it. In fact the present always exists as the present even if no outside observer ever perceives it!!!!! The present exists as the present independently and apart from any outside observer!

Conceding that the past exists concedes the present exists, youre just way too juvenile minded to get why. Thats your ineptitude, not anyones but yours.

Past only exists IF theres a present and future. Otherwise past DOESNT EVEN EXIST, because its not passed or past anything.

Again... maybe you are too thick to get this, but I have not claimed anything exists or doesn't exist. My argument is over what we can prove the existence of and what can't be proven because we can't observe it.

The past will exist as the past whether or not there is a present or future. Nothing can change time that has passed. You are trying to say that if the past exists the future and present must exist and that is unsupportable with physics or logic. The past offers no evidence of a future and is only evidence that a present happened and is no longer present. Does the present still exist? We can't know this, it's not physically possible. The best we can do is perceive the most recent past and assume the present existed to produce it. This requires our faith.

The past offers the presence of a future merely by referring to is as "past."

Wow.

Also, it takes no faith to prove something exists that is scientifically calculable and measurable.

Present is a proven, no faith required.

And we actually do percieve the present - we percieve it through its calculation as brought to us by proven physics.

No, you are saying that there is no present because for the present to exist it must be perceived and comprehended at the same instant it happens, which is typically moronic of you. The present is always the present no matter how long it takes an outside observer to perceive it. In fact the present always exists as the present even if no outside observer ever perceives it!!!!! The present exists as the present independently and apart from any outside observer!

You're doing the same thing as G.T. and distorting what has been said by me. I didn't say there is no present. I said we cannot observe the present. You can SAY the present exists... you can't PROVE it. This is called "Faith."

You're doing the same thing as G.T. and distorting what has been said by me. I didn't say there is no present. I said we cannot observe the present. You can SAY the present exists... you can't PROVE it. This is called "Faith."
No, actually it is proven.

By physics.

You lose.

The past is all we percieve =/= the past is all thats proven.

Plus we percieve the present and future through their calculable given.

Strawman.

Bad baby bad babuly, horrendous logic.

By physics.

You lose.

Well, no... it's simply not.

You can sit here and fire back baseless retorts all you like.

Physics says it's impossible for you to observe the present or future. Your perception, by the laws of physics, is a perception of the past.

By physics.

You lose.

Well, no... it's simply not.

You can sit here and fire back baseless retorts all you like.

Physics says it's impossible for you to observe the present or future. Your perception, by the laws of physics, is a perception of the past.
The present and future is percieved THROUGH physics.

No faith required.

And again, perception of the past? Past when?

The past is all we percieve =/= the past is all thats proven.

Plus we percieve the present and future through their calculable given.

Strawman.

Bad baby bad babuly, horrendous logic.

No, we don't "perceive" through a calculation. A calculation is a prediction.

Forum List

Back