God’s decree. No punishment after death for men.

If I want to win a spelling bee and my father wants me to win the spelling bee, does that mean my dad forced me to participate in the spelling bee?

I lay down my life on my own initiative means He laid down His life on his own initiative. No one has taken it from me, means no one has taken it from Him. No one means NO ONE.
Regards
IR

If he puts your name in as a contestant then he is choosing for you and you are not choosing for yourself.

That is what God did.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

You are cherry picking as badly as I am.

Go read the sermon on the mount and see how Jesus was whining to God to remove his request and come back and chat on the morality of substitutionary atonement and lets stop screwing around.

Morality is supposed to be what religions are all about. Right?

Regards
DL

God didn't nominate Christ for the job.
Before the foundation of the earth was formed, Christ volunteered for the position. His request was approved. The earth was formed. Jesus, the Christ, laid his life down and took it back up again of his own volition. He was the offerer, and the offering.
Christianity is about loving your Father and each other. Period.

You deny the bible verse I quoted and return with your own opinion and not the bibles.

I appreciate where you would not trust your bible but if you are to attempt to refute what I quoted, then get the bible to say it. Unless you have decided to scrap it all and put your opinion ahead of it.

Regards
DL

Just trying to get through to that thick head of yours. Quoting the Bible doesn't accomplish that. I'm quite sure that you understated what Christ said. You choose to ignore it and push on with your lying anti-Christian bullshit. Here, lets try it again:

John 10:18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up.
No one means no one.

If that sinks in, we'll move on to what God prophesied about Ishmael, and who the Quran says really owns Israel...........

You ignore one scripture and offer another and do not like that I ignore it and start name calling.

Go abuse someone else ass hole.

Regards
DL

I am not aware of any spoken or oral Christianity. I am aware of a Jewish one.

did you include Islam ... the vast majority of all the religious people that follow the desert religions do so by word of mouth - myself have read only the first page and have not read further till the proper changes are made - all my knowledge of those books are word of mouth, the Garden Earth and what was give to us by the Almighty from the spoken passages traversed over the ages.

That quote you gave is in the bible so to say it is a part of the oral tradition is strange.

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

how it works - everyone knows the above passage, few have read it - you confuse the bible with what are the true messages from God.

The messiah that the Jews await is a pure man and not a God. That man is to live and rule over the Jews. Not die for them and not return.

no idea what that is about, it is their construct as is their blood line neither related to the Almighty.

No one I have ever spoken to has ever indicated that there was an oral Christian tradition. I will take a link if you have one.

there again you are presuming the spoken religion of those passages are proprietary to any one religion - the organized scripturalists should serve a purpose that they have yet to fulfill.

I am not aware of any spoken or oral Christianity. I am aware of a Jewish one.

did you include Islam ... the vast majority of all the religious people that follow the desert religions do so by word of mouth - myself have read only the first page and have not read further till the proper changes are made - all my knowledge of those books are word of mouth, the Garden Earth and what was give to us by the Almighty from the spoken passages traversed over the ages.

That quote you gave is in the bible so to say it is a part of the oral tradition is strange.

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

how it works - everyone knows the above passage, few have read it - you confuse the bible with what are the true messages from God.

The messiah that the Jews await is a pure man and not a God. That man is to live and rule over the Jews. Not die for them and not return.

no idea what that is about, it is their construct as is their blood line neither related to the Almighty.

No one I have ever spoken to has ever indicated that there was an oral Christian tradition. I will take a link if you have one.

there again you are presuming the spoken religion of those passages are proprietary to any one religion - the organized scripturalists should serve a purpose that they have yet to fulfill.

God is not even mighty enough to show up.

A fool says in his heart, there is a supernatural God.

I am of the older and wiser school. You should be as well.

What is God?

Further.

Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back