🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Good Cops Thread

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
On the big blue marble
I think it is only fair to the copsuckers I post a thread dealing with the "good cops" (who really do exist!) They are few and far between, but they are a reality. Rescuing a kitty from a tree or pulling a person from a burning car does not constitute being a "good cop" as doing those things are just a part of 'doing their jobs'. Kind of like a McDonalds employee serving up your Happy Meal. It's what they are paid to do.

First good cop story:

Good Cop Exposes ‘1 Ticket Per Hour’ Quota Scam After Being Fired for Refusing to Enforce It

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

For years now, The Free Thought Project has reported on police departments all throughout the country of instituting a mandatory quota system for traffic tickets and criminal violations among other things. Now one fired police officer is echoing our reports.

Dibble Oklahoma reserve police officer Richard Searcy says he was fired for not writing enough tickets. He posted to his Facebook of his devotion to his job, and knowledge of his profession;

Read more at Good Cop Exposes '1 Ticket Per Hour' Quota Scam After Being Fired for Refusing to Enforce It

"HOLY SMOKES, BATMAN, HERE'S ANOTHER "GOOD COP" STORY!"

Police Dept Wanted a Cop to Kill a Suicidal Dad, He Chose Not To, So They Fired Him|
stephen-mader-696x366.jpg

Weirton, WV — Former Weirton police officer Stephen Mader is suing the city after he was fired for not killing a suicidal man who needed help.

As we reported last year, on May 6, 2016, Mader responded to a domestic call about a suicidal person. When he arrived on the scene, Mader confronted 23-year-old Ronald D. Williams who was armed and mentally distraught.

Madar said that he began talking to the young man in his “calm voice.”

“I told him, ‘Put down the gun,’ and he’s like, ‘Just shoot me.’ And I told him, ‘I’m not going to shoot you brother.’ Then he starts flicking his wrist to get me to react to it.

image: http://pixel.watch/qut7

“I thought I was going to be able to talk to him and de-escalate it. I knew it was a suicide-by-cop” situation,” Mader said, adding that, “He wasn’t screaming, yelling, he wasn’t angry. He just seemed distraught. Whenever he told me to shoot him it was as if he was pleading with me. At first, I’m thinking, ‘Do I really need to shoot this guy?’ But after hearing ‘just shoot me’ and his demeanor, it was, ‘I definitely can’t.'”

Mader showed incredible restraint in the situation, even though Williams was attempting to provoke a suicide by cop.
Read more at Police Dept Wanted a Cop to Kill a Suicidal Dad, He Chose Not To, So They Fired Him
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hold on a second, Robin. In just these first two 'good cops' posts it appears the 'good cops' get fired for doing good things."
"Holy fried banana peals, Batman, I believe you are on to something!"
" Maybe we should investigate further."

To me good cops are the salt of the earth. There is also a massive difference between men and women in uniform who put themselves in major risk, often with incomplete and partial information, and, those who operate covertly. The covert officer or agent operates with zero accountability and in fact can cause more harm to uniformed officers through their own actions.

Good cops deserve a raise, bad cops deserve a pink slip.

I think it is only fair to the copsuckers I post a thread dealing with the "good cops" (who really do exist!) They are few and far between, but they are a reality. Rescuing a kitty from a tree or pulling a person from a burning car does not constitute being a "good cop" as doing those things are just a part of 'doing their jobs'. Kind of like a McDonalds employee serving up your Happy Meal. It's what they are paid to do.

First good cop story:

Good Cop Exposes ‘1 Ticket Per Hour’ Quota Scam After Being Fired for Refusing to Enforce It

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

For years now, The Free Thought Project has reported on police departments all throughout the country of instituting a mandatory quota system for traffic tickets and criminal violations among other things. Now one fired police officer is echoing our reports.

Dibble Oklahoma reserve police officer Richard Searcy says he was fired for not writing enough tickets. He posted to his Facebook of his devotion to his job, and knowledge of his profession;

Read more at Good Cop Exposes '1 Ticket Per Hour' Quota Scam After Being Fired for Refusing to Enforce It
What we need is a BIGGER MORE POWERFUL GOVERNMENT to make sure government behaves!

Now here's a good cop from long, long ago. He was so good they made a movie about him back in 1973. Hell, he was so good other cops tried to kill him. Anyway, in his own words, Frank Serpico:

141023_serpico_dambrosio.jpg

In the opening scene of the 1973 movie “Serpico,” I am shot in the face—or to be more accurate, the character of Frank Serpico, played by Al Pacino, is shot in the face. Even today it’s very difficult for me to watch those scenes, which depict in a very realistic and terrifying way what actually happened to me on Feb. 3, 1971. I had recently been transferred to the Narcotics division of the New York City Police Department, and we were moving in on a drug dealer on the fourth floor of a walk-up tenement in a Hispanic section of Brooklyn. The police officer backing me up instructed me (since I spoke Spanish) to just get the apartment door open “and leave the rest to us.”

One officer was standing to my left on the landing no more than eight feet away, with his gun drawn; the other officer was to my right rear on the stairwell, also with his gun drawn. When the door opened, I pushed my way in and snapped the chain. The suspect slammed the door closed on me, wedging in my head and right shoulder and arm. I couldn’t move, but I aimed my snub-nose Smith & Wesson revolver at the perp (the movie version unfortunately goes a little Hollywood here, and has Pacino struggling and failing to raise a much-larger 9-millimeter automatic). From behind me no help came. At that moment my anger got the better of me. I made the almost fatal mistake of taking my eye off the perp and screaming to the officer on my left: “What the hell you waiting for? Give me a hand!” I turned back to face a gun blast in my face. I had cocked my weapon and fired back at him almost in the same instant, probably as reflex action, striking him. (He was later captured.)

Read more: The Police Are Still Out of Control
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

To me good cops are the salt of the earth. There is also a massive difference between men and women in uniform who put themselves in major risk, often with incomplete and partial information, and, those who operate covertly. The covert officer or agent operates with zero accountability and in fact can cause more harm to uniformed officers through their own actions.

When you say "good cops", what do you mean? Would you please elaborate or define what "good cops" are to you?

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

If a cop is enforcing the speed limit where I live, he can easily write one ticket per hour (if he is doing his job).

When you say "good cops", what do you mean? Would you please elaborate or define what "good cops" are to you?

A man of integrity and character. Someone who believes in the Rule of Law, Due Process, being honest and accurate even if it means he doesn't have a case. Someone who is emotionally sound and logical. Someone who doesn't place his force above the Constitution (or in Canada the Charter of Rights). Someone who joins the police out of a sense of duty and obligation to society, not for the paycheque and power.

I've met far more good cops than bad. Those bad apples really ruin the lives of citizens and the reputation of good police.

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

It is a cop's job to be a good cop. So I disagree that a cop isn't good for doing things that are his job. A cop's job is to protect and serve, so if that's what he does he is a good cop.

A man of integrity and character. Someone who believes in the Rule of Law, Due Process, being honest and accurate even if it means he doesn't have a case. Someone who is emotionally sound and logical. Someone who doesn't place his force above the Constitution (or in Canada the Charter of Rights). Someone who joins the police out of a sense of duty and obligation to society, not for the paycheque and power.

I've met far more good cops than bad. Those bad apples really ruin the lives of citizens and the reputation of good police.
Say a cop enforced all of the laws on the books - the good laws as well as a the bad or immoral laws - does that make him a "good cop"? Does a "good cop" enforce bad laws?

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

It is a cop's job to be a good cop. So I disagree that a cop isn't good for doing things that are his job. A cop's job is to protect and serve, so if that's what he does he is a good cop.
I don't see doing their job as an indicator as to rather or not a cop is "good". A McDonalds server can spit on your burger and serve it to you. That doesn't make him a good server, although, technically, he did his job of serving.

Say a cop enforced all of the laws on the books - the good laws as well as a the bad or immoral laws - does that make him a "good cop"? Does a "good cop" enforce bad laws?
So you want cops to decide on their own which laws are good and moral laws and which laws are bad immoral laws?

So you want cops to decide on their own which laws are good and moral laws and which laws are bad immoral laws?
Would it hurt for a cop to know the difference between moral and immoral and to act accordingly?

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

I don't see doing their job as an indicator as to rather or not a cop is "good". A McDonalds server can spit on your burger and serve it to you. That doesn't make him a good server, although, technically, he did his job of serving.
No, that would be the opposite of doing his job. Such a server should be fired and perhaps prosecuted criminally.

Would it hurt for a cop to know the difference between moral and immoral and to act accordingly?
Yes. It would be a breakdown in the rule of law. Lady Justice is suppose to be blindfolded for a reason.

If "the people" believe that a law is unjust, it might be a cause for which civil disobedience is in order. These people should expect even the good cops to do their jobs and arrest them. Immoral laws in a democratic republic should be extremely rare.

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

No, that would be the opposite of doing his job. Such a server should be fired and perhaps prosecuted criminally.
I said, "technically, he did his job of serving." And he did.

Yes. It would be a breakdown in the rule of law. Lady Justice is suppose to be blindfolded for a reason.
Then we are in agreement that morality has nothing to do with "the rule of law"?

First good cop story:

QUOTA-696x366.jpg

I said, "technically, he did his job of serving." And he did.
No, that is not technically doing his job.

Forum List

Back