🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Good Cops Thread

If "the people" believe that a law is unjust, it might be a cause for which civil disobedience is in order. These people should expect even the good cops to do their jobs and arrest them. Immoral laws in a democratic republic should be extremely rare.
"Immoral laws in a democratic republic should be extremely rare."
Immoral laws should not exist. Period.
Slavery was immoral and laws protected it. Women had no rights, laws protected that. FDA can approve poisons being put in your food, laws protect that. I can go on and on with this.

"These people should expect even the good cops to do their jobs and arrest them."
People do expect that and they blindly accept it.
For a cop to enforce (knowingly) immoral laws, that makes the cop immoral. Would you say an immoral cop is a "good cop"?

If "the people" believe that a law is unjust, it might be a cause for which civil disobedience is in order. These people should expect even the good cops to do their jobs and arrest them. Immoral laws in a democratic republic should be extremely rare.
Slavery was immoral and laws protected it. Women had no rights, laws protected that. FDA can approve poisons being put in your food, laws protect that. I can go on and on with this.

"These people should expect even the good cops to do their jobs and arrest them."
For a cop to enforce (knowingly) immoral laws, that makes the cop immoral. Would you say an immoral cop is a "good cop"?
Although I agree with some of the points you make, I disagree with how you put them together in your line of thinking. If a person is not willing to enforce the law, then he should not become a cop. If a person feels the laws to be immoral, then he should not be a cop.

What are the current immoral laws that cops are enforcing?

A good cop is a curious thing. I've named good cops before. Serpico is always st the top of the list. Cariol Horne of Buffalo is on the list. She saw a fellow cop choking a suspect who was handcuffed. Note. Choking a handcuffed and unresisting suspect.

Horne stepped in and pulled the bad cop off the guy. The bad cop got nothing for choking a handcuffed and unresisting suspect. Horne was fired for assaulting a fellow officer. The department, and the city closed ranks to protect the bad cop and punish the good cop.

Now how many good cops can there be in Buffalo? Certainly none in the supervisory slots. Not one of them argued that Horne did the right thing in protecting a handcuffed and unresisting suspect from attack. So arguing that there are plenty of good cops in Buffalo is a losing proposition. There can't be. They fired the one good cop.

The good cops all have something in common. They are pushed out of the Department. If they survive long enough to be pushed out.

Since the cop lovers can't think of any good cops, I'm back to help them out.

Adrian Schoolcraft - Wikipedia

If you want to learn more you could read a book called the NYPD Tapes. No, sorry, I just realized how dumb that sounded after I wrote it. Cop lovers read a book to learn the truth?

Well anyway, here is another good cop, and what happened to him.

Forum List

Back