🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Good news about Michael Vick

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Posting this because I recently mentioned it but had no link.

"The Philadelphia Eagles' back-up quarterback is just grateful to have a job these days. He was signed to the team after finishing a 19-month sentence at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas for being found guilty of a federal dog-fighting conspiracy charge. That choice cost the formerly Nike-sponsored athlete $135 million. In 2005 Vick was listed as the 33rd most powerful celebrity by Forbes magazine; three years later he was forced to declare personal bankruptcy"

14 Stars Who Lost It All - Slideshow | Investopedia

OTOH, there's also bad news:

When shown on the Jumbotron at the first public Philadelphia Eagles training camp practice on Sunday, Michael Vick received a thunderous applause. Clearly, Vick still has his share of supporters amongst the Eagles fanbase.

Eagles Training Camp Notes: Michael Vick so Far the Favorite to Win the Job | Bleacher Report

Follow the money and I suspect he's doing just fine.

Posting this because I recently mentioned it but had no link.

"The Philadelphia Eagles' back-up quarterback is just grateful to have a job these days. He was signed to the team after finishing a 19-month sentence at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas for being found guilty of a federal dog-fighting conspiracy charge. That choice cost the formerly Nike-sponsored athlete $135 million. In 2005 Vick was listed as the 33rd most powerful celebrity by Forbes magazine; three years later he was forced to declare personal bankruptcy"

14 Stars Who Lost It All - Slideshow | Investopedia

OTOH, there's also bad news:

When shown on the Jumbotron at the first public Philadelphia Eagles training camp practice on Sunday, Michael Vick received a thunderous applause. Clearly, Vick still has his share of supporters amongst the Eagles fanbase.

Eagles Training Camp Notes: Michael Vick so Far the Favorite to Win the Job | Bleacher Report

Follow the money and I suspect he's doing just fine.

It sure looks like he's not dogging it at training camp.

Uh, Vick's been with the Iggles since 2009 and a starter since 2010. Hello?

The buzz around Philly is that the position is wide open although Vick's the most likely to keep it (certainly the most experienced). There's a whole new coach and new system developing so it's all up in the air, pun intended.

Last edited:

The buzz around Philly is that the position is wide open although Vick's the most likely to keep it (certainly the most experienced). There's a whole new coach and new system developing so it's all up in the air, pun intended.

yea at first I thought this post was 3 years old... lol

Good for him. The whole idiocy with that sentencing is incredible.

So getting dogs to kill each other for sport is ok in your book?

And then killing those who didn't perform by swinging them by their legs and slamming their heads into walls or electrocuting them.

How about the bait animals it was proven he used?

IlarMeilyr
It's interesting to note what Muddly Dullwit considers "topical."

Ignoring your goo goo baby talk, yes, I do believe that preventing animal cruelty is always topical and NO, I don't believe this scum bag is reformed. He got caught. That's why he stopped. Just because you don't have the balls to stand up for those who cannot protect themselves is no reason for you to whine. Don't like it? Don't read it.

It is bad karma to wish ill on anyone with horrible pain and suffering before they die...so I won't say it out loud. Shhhhhhh.

So getting dogs to kill each other for sport is ok in your book?

That's not OK in anybody's book. But the fact is, Vick did the crime and he did the time, yet some are so vindictive about this they just cannot and will not get over it, even though he's already paid the price.

At what point is enough enough? If doing prison time isn't punishment, then what's the point of doing time at all?

I'm lost as to why the OP describes Vick getting thunderous applause as "bad news". Especially after his chances of being the starting QB was called "good news". :confused:

Last edited:
This is what Mike Vick is going to look like for 2 full games next season:

JN2_2786_1318789440.jpg

Last edited:

LOL apparently Neddite knows less about sports than he does about politics and economics and he know jack shit about either one!

Forum List

Back