Google CEO makes NO SENSE in defending his firing of conservative worker.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
His name is Sundar Pichai and it appears he is an affirmative action hire himself . He certainly cannot write intelligently.

Google CEO Says 'People Must Feel Free To Express Dissent' After Firing Dissenter

At the same time, there are co-workers who are questioning whether they can safely express their views in the workplace (especially those with a minority viewpoint). They too feel under threat, and that is also not OK. People must feel free to express dissent. So to be clear again, many points raised in the memo—such as the portions criticizing Google’s trainings, questioning the role of ideology in the workplace, and debating whether programs for women and underserved groups are sufficiently open to all—are important topics. The author had a right to express their views on those topics—we encourage an environment in which people can do this and it remains our policy to not take action against anyone for prompting these discussions.

My question still is why this guy felt it was ok to email something like this to his co-workers? Thats not what work email is for. He can say and believe what he wants. But it definitely wasn't the platform to do so.

So the fact he's Asian must mean he's an affirmative action? It just can't be he got there through hard work?

Asia produces some of the tech workers.

Again, I'm usually the last person to side with a big corporation.

But this guy probably violated his employment agreement by publishing this, and even if he didn't, he certainly couldn't continue to work with the female and minority coworkers he just dissed.

But this guy probably violated his employment agreement by publishing this, and even if he didn't, he certainly couldn't continue to work with the female and minority coworkers he just dissed.

HAHAHA. Did you really say that? Do women who criticize men get automatically fired??? THINK, you miserable man-hating racist wretch.

According to wikipedia this CEO's salary for 2016 was $200 million!!! That's affirmative action and then some.

You have to wonder if anyone is worth that kind of money. Why do they pay him so much?

HAHAHA. Did you really say that? Do women who criticize men get automatically fired??? THINK, you miserable man-hating racist wretch.

We live in a wonderful world of "At Will" employment. Anyone can be fired for any reason.

A lot of women get fired for not sleeping with the boss.
Or they get fired because they get pregnant.

It's against the law, shouldn't happen, but it does.

According to wikipedia this CEO's salary for 2016 was $200 million!!! That's affirmative action and then some.

You have to wonder if anyone is worth that kind of money. Why do they pay him so much?

I think most CEO compensation is insane. But that's not the issue here.

His name is Sundar Pichai and it appears he is an affirmative action hire himself . He certainly cannot write intelligently.

Google CEO Says 'People Must Feel Free To Express Dissent' After Firing Dissenter

At the same time, there are co-workers who are questioning whether they can safely express their views in the workplace (especially those with a minority viewpoint). They too feel under threat, and that is also not OK. People must feel free to express dissent. So to be clear again, many points raised in the memo—such as the portions criticizing Google’s trainings, questioning the role of ideology in the workplace, and debating whether programs for women and underserved groups are sufficiently open to all—are important topics. The author had a right to express their views on those topics—we encourage an environment in which people can do this and it remains our policy to not take action against anyone for prompting these discussions.
if he had that right, why fire him?

My question still is why this guy felt it was ok to email something like this to his co-workers? Thats not what work email is for. He can say and believe what he wants. But it definitely wasn't the platform to do so.

I've been asking the same question. Sending your political and social views in a work email would be deemed highly inappropriate in any company I've ever worked. I may even agree with what he wrote, but regardless, it was inappropriate with the potential to offend.

I've been asking the same question. Sending your political and social views in a work email would be deemed highly inappropriate in any company I've ever worked. I may even agree with what he wrote, but regardless, it was inappropriate with the potential to offend.

If a female worker sent a work e-mail supporting abortion, would she be fired?? THINK, hater.

Forum List

Back