Google map of dogs murdered by police

2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

38 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2012.2 Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities,3 pit bulls contributed to 61% (23) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.4
Together, pit bulls (23) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 68% of all fatal attacks in 2012. In the 8-year period from 2005 to 2012, this combination accounted for 73% (183) of the total recorded deaths (251).
The breakdown between pit bulls and rottweilers is substantial over this 8-year period. From 2005 to 2012, pit bulls killed 151 Americans, about one citizen every 19 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 32, about one citizen every 91 days.
Annual data from 2012 shows that 50% (19) of the victims were adults, 21-years and older, and the other half were children, ages 8-years and younger. Of the total children killed by dogs in 2012, 79% (15) were ages 2-years and younger.
Annual data also shows that males were more often victims, 61% (23), than females. The majority of male victims, 61% (14), were ages 8-years and younger. Of the total female victims, only 33% (5) fell into this same age group.

A cops job is not to allow himself to be bitten by a dog. Control your dogs. Especially if you are A) A criminal or B) CALL THE COPS TO COME HELP YOU.

Next....

Why is this thread allowed in the "Politics" forum? I post PRO police threads here that get moved. Even though cops are THE application of politics onto reality, as a law without enforcement is just ink on paper, so I'd think police topics would be FAR more popular here.

Mine are usually moved.
Anti-cop ones are allowed to stay.

Why?

So what would you, the idiot who created this thread, suggest a cop do when he is called to a home, and an aggressive dog is surging towards him??? Just take the bite? Tazers and pepper spray are ineffective at that close distance, and a dog running fast would be very unlikely to be hit anyway.

I suppose YOU would simply allow someone else's aggressive dog bite and maul and scar you at will, right?

The link preaches against the "militarization" of domestic police. A catch-phrase for people who have no fucking clue about law enforcement or how and why it works.

If by "militarization" they mean..........well, giving cops a gun to protect themselves, then, yes. They do that.

Looks like North Dakota, South Dakota, and Idaho are the safest places for not getting bitten by a mean dog if you're a policeman.

Several years ago, a friend of mine heard a commotion while working in his yard.
A neighbor kid and his mother were being attacked by a stray dog.
He went over and killed it with his bare hands. No time to wait on the cops.
When they did show up they basically gave him a pat on the back.
The city later recognized him at a council meeting.

• Banned
2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

38 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2012.2 Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities,3 pit bulls contributed to 61% (23) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.4
Together, pit bulls (23) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 68% of all fatal attacks in 2012. In the 8-year period from 2005 to 2012, this combination accounted for 73% (183) of the total recorded deaths (251).
The breakdown between pit bulls and rottweilers is substantial over this 8-year period. From 2005 to 2012, pit bulls killed 151 Americans, about one citizen every 19 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 32, about one citizen every 91 days.
Annual data from 2012 shows that 50% (19) of the victims were adults, 21-years and older, and the other half were children, ages 8-years and younger. Of the total children killed by dogs in 2012, 79% (15) were ages 2-years and younger.
Annual data also shows that males were more often victims, 61% (23), than females. The majority of male victims, 61% (14), were ages 8-years and younger. Of the total female victims, only 33% (5) fell into this same age group.
What's this got to do with the price of rice in China there old socks?
A cops job is not to allow himself to be bitten by a dog. Control your dogs. Especially if you are A) A criminal or B) CALL THE COPS TO COME HELP YOU.

Next....

Why is this thread allowed in the "Politics" forum? I post PRO police threads here that get moved. Even though cops are THE application of politics onto reality, as a law without enforcement is just ink on paper, so I'd think police topics would be FAR more popular here.

Mine are usually moved.

Why?

Sigh stupidity is strong in this one as well. Have you even paid ANY attention to when pigs shoot dogs lately? Just a run down 90% were in THEIR YARD,BEHIND A FENCE,when pigs ILLEGALLY entered the fenced area and shot them...or their owners were illegally arrested and then the dogs were shot while defending them. Wouldn't be a reason to be anti cop if they didn't murder family pets.

Next....

Mine are usually moved.

Why?

Yep!

Forum List

Back