GOP candidate Martin Hyde faces fines from his Homeowner’s Association after installing Let’s Go Brandon Christmas lights on his home’s balcony

He should start a go-fund-me for the fines, I'd chip-in a couple bucks. ;)

BTW....HOAs are the devil.

it's called freedom of speech. deal with it

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. People willingly buy property where there is a HOA and they agree to abide by the rules when they do so. If someone cannot even keep their word over something as simple as an HOA they should never be elected to any office at all.

Until someone paints their house like a rainbow and turns their yard into a junk yard and the value of your property is cut in half
You must live in a bad area. In my AO the town does not put up with junk in yards. Your home your rules as far as paint goes.....Hey, at least it's painted. ;)

I see this as an ultimate example of taking Christ out of Christmas and the need to put Christ back into Christian.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. People willingly buy property where there is a HOA and they agree to abide by the rules when they do so. If someone cannot even keep their word over something as simple as an HOA they should never be elected to any office at all.
Hoa's are scams...they don't abide by their own rules. They harass and torment owners that they don't like, constantly raise Hoa fees so you pay more and more. And because it is an HOA--values don't go up as fast generally as people who actually own their property. I would never live in a HOA that was anything but voluntary HOA----its' the LAND. AS the population goes up, a shortage of land is what is going to hold value especially in FLORIDA where everyone is moving.

Hoa's are scams...they don't abide by their own rules. They harass and torment owners that they don't like, constantly raise Hoa fees so you pay more and more. And because it is an HOA--values don't go up as fast generally as people who actually own their property. I would never live in a HOA that was anything but voluntary HOA----its' the LAND. AS the population goes up, a shortage of land is what is going to hold value especially in FLORIDA where everyone is moving.

And that is the beauty of HOA, nobody is forced to join one. But if you do, then you should abide by the rules you agreed to when you did

And that is the beauty of HOA, nobody is forced to join one. But if you do, then you should abide by the rules you agreed to when you did
Actually, not quite true. If you want to live in a house in an HOA that you inherited, you are forced to join it. I'm sure you are going to say they don't have to live in the home, which is true, but kind of hard to swallow if that is the family home.

Actually, not quite true. If you want to live in a house in an HOA that you inherited, you are forced to join it. I'm sure you are going to say they don't have to live in the home, which is true, but kind of hard to swallow if that is the family home.

That is a good point, there are always exception to the rules, and this is one. Thanks

Did you make sure to click your heels smartly when you posted that?

Following orders without question seems to be your thing.

Did you make sure to click your heels smartly when you posted that?

Following orders without question seems to be your thing.

Nobody is ordered to join a HOA, it is a free choice. And if people agree to something, I think they should keep their word. I know that is a crazy concept to folks like you, honesty and integrity are not important in your world

Nice try at righteous indignation there.

A little tone deaf, but nice try.

Forum List

Back