GOP Establishment ‘Soaked the Place in Kerosene, All Donald Trump Did Was Light a Match’

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mark McKinnon: GOP Establishment ‘Soaked the Place in Kerosene, All Donald Trump Did Was Light a Match’

"...the rise of Donald Trump in the 2016 election reflects the fact that for years, the Republican Party “has had no clear vision of the future.” The GOP establishment, he said, “soaked the place in kerosene. All Donald Trump did was light a match.” In this election, “the Republicans are just going to have to burn the house down and rebuild it.”

My fellow Conservatives may not like this comparison, but here goes anyway.

Conservatives are the foundation on which the GOP 'Plantation' was built and on which it stands. Conservatives wanted their own party and for years optimistically elected 'Conservative' 'servants of the people'. The GOP was a 'big tent', a collective gathering of conservative people for the good of the country. Over the years things changed. The GOP leaders joined their Congressional Brethren in elevating themselves above the Constitution and Rule of law, began exempting themselves from the very laws they passed, and became ensnared in the greed, power, and positions. Keeping all of that became their 1st and foremost priority.

They stopped listening to the people and instead gave them 'orders/ and 'edicts'. Every election year they began telling their base to 'hold your nose and vote' for the Washington Establishment candidate of THEIR choosing. Over time it became impossible to tell the difference between Liberals and the GOP 'Leaders' / Party.

In 2014 AMERICANS sent a message loud and clear to ALL politicians, serving up an historic, record-setting ass kicking to the Liberals. The tone-deaf GOP convinced themselves that it was all about THEM, that they had been given a mandate. No. Obama made the 2014 election about HIM, about HIS policies, and about HIS agenda...and they were definitively rejected. So the GOP took over Congress, but it looked like the Liberals still controlled it by the GOP's actions.

The Trump and Cruz phenomenons were created by the Washington Establishment GOP. Their rise is pretty much a result of a 'F* YOU, GOP Establishment' rebellion. The GOP 'Big Tent' is no longer, replaced by a 'plantation'. Stubborn and defiant, the GOP Leadership have evolved into Plantation Owners determined to keep control of the plantation and to stop the 'slave' up-rising. They are STILL meeting and plotting on how to steal the nomination from the Anti-Establishment candidate, subverting the will of the majority of Americans.

If the GOP Establishment think the party is 'on fire' now.....try to rip the nomination away from the candidate the majority of the people selected and give it to a Washington Establishment drone. All hell will break loose...it will be an inner-party civil war that will be the final blow, the death, of the GOP.

They may be so out of touch, they actually believe they can take the nomination from Trump should he win it...without consequences.

I hope they do. That just might put an end to the GOP altogether.

What we are seeing is basically a three-way chasm in the GOP. The Establishment is the weakest of three factions. The Anti-Establishment is divided between pissed off conservatives and REALLY pissed off conservatives. On the Trump side are mostly the Pat Buchanan/Ron Paul faction of national populists who may have conservative leanings but also elements of libertarian views or even progressive big government views. They're just done with the political establishment in general, including people like Ted Cruz. Then, there are the Cruz supporters who are mostly the Reagan/Scalia constitutional conservatives.

Now that Rubio is out and Kasich pretty much has no chance, the Establishment will begin to coalesce around Trump because they see Trump as someone they can work with where they know that Ted Cruz will be impossible to work with. It's interesting that this race will eventually be Trump: The Establishment pick vs. Cruz: The Conservative pick. Lots of people are going to wish they had their vote back.

Boss, I do not believe Cruz is a genuine Christian. I have very serious reservations about him. I don't believe the voters will have buyers remorse with Trump.

Boss, I do not believe Cruz is a genuine Christian. I have very serious reservations about him. I don't believe the voters will have buyers remorse with Trump.

You think Trump is a Christian?

Mark McKinnon: GOP Establishment ‘Soaked the Place in Kerosene, All Donald Trump Did Was Light a Match’

"...the rise of Donald Trump in the 2016 election reflects the fact that for years, the Republican Party “has had no clear vision of the future.” The GOP establishment, he said, “soaked the place in kerosene. All Donald Trump did was light a match.” In this election, “the Republicans are just going to have to burn the house down and rebuild it.”

My fellow Conservatives may not like this comparison, but here goes anyway.

Conservatives are the foundation on which the GOP 'Plantation' was built and on which it stands. Conservatives wanted their own party and for years optimistically elected 'Conservative' 'servants of the people'. The GOP was a 'big tent', a collective gathering of conservative people for the good of the country. Over the years things changed. The GOP leaders joined their Congressional Brethren in elevating themselves above the Constitution and Rule of law, began exempting themselves from the very laws they passed, and became ensnared in the greed, power, and positions. Keeping all of that became their 1st and foremost priority.

They stopped listening to the people and instead gave them 'orders/ and 'edicts'. Every election year they began telling their base to 'hold your nose and vote' for the Washington Establishment candidate of THEIR choosing. Over time it became impossible to tell the difference between Liberals and the GOP 'Leaders' / Party.

In 2014 AMERICANS sent a message loud and clear to ALL politicians, serving up an historic, record-setting ass kicking to the Liberals. The tone-deaf GOP convinced themselves that it was all about THEM, that they had been given a mandate. No. Obama made the 2014 election about HIM, about HIS policies, and about HIS agenda...and they were definitively rejected. So the GOP took over Congress, but it looked like the Liberals still controlled it by the GOP's actions.

The Trump and Cruz phenomenons were created by the Washington Establishment GOP. Their rise is pretty much a result of a 'F* YOU, GOP Establishment' rebellion. The GOP 'Big Tent' is no longer, replaced by a 'plantation'. Stubborn and defiant, the GOP Leadership have evolved into Plantation Owners determined to keep control of the plantation and to stop the 'slave' up-rising. They are STILL meeting and plotting on how to steal the nomination from the Anti-Establishment candidate, subverting the will of the majority of Americans.

If the GOP Establishment think the party is 'on fire' now.....try to rip the nomination away from the candidate the majority of the people selected and give it to a Washington Establishment drone. All hell will break loose...it will be an inner-party civil war that will be the final blow, the death, of the GOP.

I have my fingers crossed that this nomination process will be over soon. We need to get to the meat of this election, which is Hillary/Bernie, against America.

The GOP is screwing the pooch, but those 2 are in just as bad a shape, if the GOP recovers. Modern media has made this nomination process much more visible than normal, and we would have seen it last time around if Romney would have been in trouble, this far in. The GOP is good at getting who they want to run, then losing after they get him/her. This time, the GOP voters are proclaiming, "no way, Jose." The GOP could still lose the general, but at least it was their voters who chose the LOSER, (if it happens) instead of them.

The GOP Establishment is no longer fit to run the GOP.

They need to be swept aside into a little box entitled 'Funding Sources' and they and their money kept strictly controlled and kept in check.

Forum List

Back