GOP House Candidate..I would rather see terrorist attack than submit to patdown

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
House candidate: I?d ?rather see? terror attack than TSA screening - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

A candidate for Congress in Georgia said earlier this year that he’d rather see another terrorist attack on the United States than have Transportation Security Agency screenings at airports.

Bob Johnson, a doctor and Republican candidate in Georgia’s solidly-red 1st District, said at a February candidate forum that the TSA is “indoctrinating” Americans.

“Now this is going to sound outrageous, I’d rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen,” he said, according to a video clip obtained by POLITICO. “Give me liberty or give me death. Isn’t that what Patrick Henry said at the founding of our republic?”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/bob-johnson-georgia-tsa-106393.html#ixzz30xqysuI8

Last edited:
House candidate: I?d ?rather see? terror attack than TSA screening - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

A candidate for Congress in Georgia said earlier this year that he’d rather see another terrorist attack on the United States than have Transportation Security Agency screenings at airports.

Bob Johnson, a doctor and Republican candidate in Georgia’s solidly-red 1st District, said at a February candidate forum that the TSA is “indoctrinating” Americans.

“Now this is going to sound outrageous, I’d rather see another terrorist attack, truly I would, than to give up my liberty as an American citizen,” he said, according to a video clip obtained by POLITICO. “Give me liberty or give me death. Isn’t that what Patrick Henry said at the founding of our republic?”

Read more: House candidate: I?d ?rather see? terror attack than TSA screening - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

Good.

One less asshole on the airplane.

Americans cannot afford Bob Johnson and his far right reactionary radical agenda.

Read more: House candidate: I?d ?rather see? terror attack than TSA screening - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

And? Do you have any thoughts on what he said?

Glad you asked

I think he represents the radical right extremists that the rightwing media goes crazy over and the mainstream party is trying to distance themselves

His brand of Republicanism gets Democrats elected

A True Believer. Well, at least he lays it out there. Considering that 9/11 made most Americans wet their pants, he's in for a rough ride. I was finishing my notes for a meeting then, which was held on time even as the first building fell. Took 'em long enough I thought, and made them turn off the TV.

Glad you asked

I think he represents the radical right extremists that the rightwing media goes crazy over and the mainstream party is trying to distance themselves

His brand of Republicanism gets Democrats elected

so you like getting molested at the airport for no reason?

Those who would give up their liberty for a foolish security deserve neither.=Franklin.

If we could get GOP candidates quoting the Founding Fathers we'd get a slew of "look at those crazy right winger" threads from the left-nuts of this forum

Those who would give up their liberty for a foolish security deserve neither.=Franklin.

If we could get GOP candidates quoting the Founding Fathers we'd get a slew of "look at those crazy right winger" threads from the left-nuts of this forum

Sure would. We love it when they quote Liberals.

Forum List

Back