Is free speech under attack?

We all saw what happened in the UK. Is this coming here? Violence isn’t protected and now many on the left want to make “misinformation” illegal. But misinformation is subjective and subject to interpretation.
Good article attached from thehill.com along with some other pertinent data.

Are you for or against free speech if that speech includes what you perceive as misinformation but not violence?

Rule #13 on USMB: Every original post formed as a question is ALWAYS answered "NO".

Never fails.

False advertising is illegal. So is yelling "fire" in a movie theater. You are not immune from the consequences of your lies legally.

Rule #13 on USMB: Every original post formed as a question is ALWAYS answered "NO".

Never fails.

False advertising is illegal. So is yelling "fire" in a movie theater. You are not immune from the consequences of your lies legally.
Is misinformation “false advertising”

If I say “Jesus wasn’t the son of God” is that misinformation. Opinion? How does that work?

Who determines what is or isn’t false advertising? People who say the assassination attempt was staged? Should they be jailed?

If I say “Jesus wasn’t the son of God” is that misinformation. Opinion? How does that work?

Who determines what is or isn’t false advertising? People who say the assassination attempt was staged? Should they be jailed?
That is opinion. No one can prove or disprove it. I would think it is free speech.

People can suggest the attempt was staged, but they have to offer evidence.

You can say the election was stolen, but one again evidence has to support allegation, or it can be defamation.

If you say "Jesus want's you to jump off a building and he will float you down safely" you are responsible for the idiot jumping off a building and dying. You are responsible for the outcome. Did you not see the Fox News lawsuit? They were not sued by the government for lying, they were sued by people that suffered harm.

Trump should be liable for Jan 6. Liable for the outcome. Some jailed idiot should sue him.

If you say "Jesus want's you to jump off a building and he will float you down safely" you are responsible for the idiot jumping off a building and dying. You are responsible for the outcome. Did you not see the Fox News lawsuit? They were not sued by the government for lying, they were sued by people that suffered harm.

Trump should be liable for Jan 6. Liable for the outcome. Some jailed idiot should sue him.
Fox was sued by a private company not the Govt.

I am ok with suits but not arrests by the Govt

We all saw what happened in the UK. Is this coming here? Violence isn’t protected and now many on the left want to make “misinformation” illegal. But misinformation is subjective and subject to interpretation.
Good article attached from thehill.com along with some other pertinent data.

Are you for or against free speech if that speech includes what you perceive as misinformation but not violence?

You have freedom of expression in the UK and Europe, you just can't stir up hatred and incite violence. In the US, the same thing is called freedom of speech, but what will happen if you stir up hatred and violence?

Don't worry, you're American, you don't have the brain to comprehend anything other than brawn. If you don't know what that means, by all means ask me for help.

He is my idol
I assumed your idle was a fat orange man who was liable for sexual assault, liable for business fraud, liable for charity fraud, is considered a bottom 3 President, filed for business bankruptcy 6 times, is known for not paying his obligations, bilked the secret service out of $9M, is on video tape admitting to assaulting women, convicted on 34 felony counts, and notably is a proven liar 83 times in court on election security which cost lives. You should be proud.

Nothing to say about your daddy Elon suing and organization out of existence for exercising speech?
Or the trans and gay democrats suing florists and bakers out of existence for exercising the same first amendment rights, eh, hypocrite. Once you let the cat out of the bag its tough to get it back in. You'd think the democrats would figure that out after doing so many times.

Forum List

Back