Is free speech under attack?

Or the trans and gay democrats suing florists and bakers out of existence for exercising the same first amendment rights, eh, hypocrite. Once you let the cat out of the bag it’s tough to get it back in. You'd think the democrats would figure that out after doing so many times.
Huh? This is about free speech. Not flowers.

Stay on topic weirdo.

We all saw what happened in the UK. Is this coming here? Violence isn’t protected and now many on the left want to make “misinformation” illegal. But misinformation is subjective and subject to interpretation.
Good article attached from thehill.com along with some other pertinent data.

Are you for or against free speech if that speech includes what you perceive as misinformation but not violence?

I can't get behind government serving this function. Smacks of "Ministry of Truth". But private companies have every right to filter such "speech" - in some cases, arguably, a responsibility to do so.

Huh? This is about free speech. Not flowers.

Stay on topic weirdo.
Are you saying those florists and bakers do not have the right to exercise their first amendment rights of free speech and free exercise of their religion because they run a business. You're clearly not up to the task of discussing this issue.

Within Everyone who holds positions of power is a set of morals they operate by with which they consider themselves to be a "good person".

And when those morals conflict with the laws....guess what gets broken? It isn't their own morality. And if there are crowds of people willing to stop them from breaking the laws....they find loopholes to accomplish their morality.

Free speech? Yeah....it's gone.

Are you saying those florists and bakers do not have the right to exercise their first amendment rights of free speech and free exercise of their religion because they run a business. You're clearly not up to the task of discussing this issue.
So it’s not about speech, it’s about religion?

Stay on topic weirdo. This isn’t about religion.

You have freedom of expression in the UK and Europe, you just can't stir up hatred and incite violence. In the US, the same thing is called freedom of speech, but what will happen if you stir up hatred and violence?

Don't worry, you're American, you don't have the brain to comprehend anything other than brawn. If you don't know what that means, by all means ask me for help.
Isn’t that subjective?

Saying radical Islam is taking over London. Is that considered stirring up hatred and violence?

I assumed your idle was a fat orange man who was liable for sexual assault, liable for business fraud, liable for charity fraud, is considered a bottom 3 President, filed for business bankruptcy 6 times, is known for not paying his obligations, bilked the secret service out of $9M, is on video tape admitting to assaulting women, convicted on 34 felony counts, and notably is a proven liar 83 times in court on election security which cost lives. You should be proud.
He is the best

Trump 2024

For now. Is that how you want to keep it or do you want states to keep Trump off the ballot as they tried in Colorado?
As a disciple of Trump you know the guy lies his ass off and the government can’t do anything about it. This thread is another attempt to be a victim. Why is the right so fragile? That’s the thread you should start which would be an interesting topic.

Colorado rightly wanted him off as an insurrectionist. That has nothing to do with free speech.

You wouldn't know the nuances of freedom of speech if it bit you. BTW, feel free to present your constitutional law degree at any time.
I know free speech is different than free exercise of religion.

But I also know that you’re perfectly okay with businesses denying service to black people and Jewish people.

Forum List

Back