GIANT crowd at Harris' Pheonix Rally! / Trump in swing state Montana

That would be sweet.

Beastie Boys knocking out some tunes from Paul's Boutique.
It's funny to me how the Trumpers are trying to somehow spin the fact that Trump is utterly rejected by musicians and artists as somehow a point of insult for Harris.

These people are oblivious to irony.

Musicians are asking for their music to be played by the Harris campaign. They are asking to perform at her rallies.

Every time Trump's DJ spins something other than the Village People or Lee Greenwood, Trump gets a cease and desist order.

But cackling Trumpers think this all means Harrs is unpopular. Gotta be!

The abnormal psychology is fascinating to watch, in real time.

Frank Zappa is my guy. :113:
So no real issues that you are focused on ?

Just curious ?

It's been the quandary of some of my "Never Trump" friends.

They don't want Trump. But they don't want the country moving left. What to do. Frankly, I am in somewhat the same spot. While I am not a "Never Trump" person, I am a "I wish it were not Trump on our ticket" person

So no real issues that you are focused on ?

Just curious ?

It's been the quandary of some of my "Never Trump" friends.

They don't want Trump. But they don't want the country moving left. What to do. Frankly, I am in somewhat the same spot. While I am not a "Never Trump" person, I am a "I wish it were not Trump on our ticket" person
Neither party tribe is anywhere near where I am in terms of goals/policy, and I believe they both suck. But there's not a whole lot I can do about the state of US politics besides bitch about it. :dunno:

Neither party tribe is anywhere near where I am in terms of goals/policy, and I believe they both suck. But there's not a whole lot I can do about the state of US politics besides bitch about it. :dunno:
I can't disagree with your statement about both sucking like parasites they are.

Still I am asking: What is important to you.

I am highly focused on spending and the debt.

(1) The “I take it back” strategy. Harris has a long record of taking unpopular, even toxic, stances on various policies that played well, at various times, with the progressive wing of the Democratic Party but are not remotely centrist. These include, but are hardly limited to, banning fracking, banning offshore drilling, backing a Green New Deal, mandatory gun buybacks, defunding the police and casting doubt on whether police really improve public safety, abolishing ICE, decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and abolishing private health insurance.

Do you, the median voter, see something there you don’t like? The Harris campaign says: no problem. Harris now takes it back! Whatever she said in the past that seems bonkers, she now enthusiastically disavows.

Of course, these position reversals raise many questions. Why did she have these positions in the first place? Why did she change those positions—what accounts for her conversion? And what is her position now on those contentious policy issues—besides not being for dumb position X? That leads to a second strategy in the moving-to-the-center campaign.

I can't disagree with your statement about both sucking like parasites they are.

Still I am asking: What is important to you.

I am highly focused on spending and the debt.
Same. Neither party cares about debt. This country should have started cutting spending decades ago. I've been yelling it from the rooftops, but neither party will do it. We know the democrats won't do it, and the party of supposed 'fiscal responsibility' refuses to.

Today's 'conservatives' have become populists that love our bloated government so they can use it against against their political rivals (Disney) when needed, and then turn around and accuse the other party of it (they do it too). Today's GOP is running on old, stale planks of evangelicals because the orange bag O' shit has no original ideas of his own. Jesus ain't going to help them.

Same. Neither party cares about debt. This country should have started cutting spending decades ago. I've been yelling it from the rooftops, but neither party will do it. We know the democrats won't do it, and the party of supposed 'fiscal responsibility' refuses to.

Today's 'conservatives' have become populists that love our bloated government so they can use it against against their political rivals (Disney) when needed, and then turn around and accuse the other party of it (they do it too). Today's GOP is running on old, stale planks of evangelicals because the orange bag O' shit has no original ideas of his own. Jesus ain't going to help them.
I am with you and I was and am still critical of Trumps spending. But Biden has been worse despite the B.S. numbers twisting of the left......our deficit has grown substantially faster under Biden.

Then you listen to the debate and Biden was all about giveaways......MORE DEBT.

Paying for their campaign promises with our grandchildren's money.

But I think with Trump we have a better chance. My opinion. Of doing something better.

These include, but are hardly limited to, banning fracking, banning offshore drilling, backing a Green New Deal, mandatory gun buybacks, defunding the police and casting doubt on whether police really improve public safety, abolishing ICE, decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and abolishing private health insurance.
I'm pro police/2nd amendment, anti illegal immigration. Neither party seems to have any good ideas when it comes to these things. The ACA has benefitted some, and fucked others (those with private insurance).
Do you, the median voter, see something there you don’t like? The Harris campaign says: no problem. Harris now takes it back! Whatever she said in the past that seems bonkers, she now enthusiastically disavows.
Politicians say whatever it takes to get your vote.

(1) The “I take it back” strategy. Harris has a long record of taking unpopular, even toxic, stances on various policies that played well, at various times, with the progressive wing of the Democratic Party but are not remotely centrist. These include, but are hardly limited to, banning fracking, banning offshore drilling, backing a Green New Deal, mandatory gun buybacks, defunding the police and casting doubt on whether police really improve public safety, abolishing ICE, decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and abolishing private health insurance.

Of course, these position reversals raise many questions. Why did she have these positions in the first place? Why did she change those positions—what accounts for her conversion? And what is her position now on those contentious policy issues—besides not being for dumb position X? That leads to a second strategy in the moving-to-the-center campaign.

Would be more interesting and relevant, if her opponent was not.obviously worse in every one of these respects.

Politicians say whatever it takes to get your vote.
In Trump's case, I wish that were true.

If he'd shut up and be a little more aware, he'd wipe Harris out.

His problem is that he does not say (and by that I don't mean lie because it's not what he says....it's how he says it that pisses people off) enough to help marginal voters get comfortable with him.

If he loses this election, I don't ever want to hear his name again. He lost 2020 with his mouth IME.

I am with you and I was and am still critical of Trumps spending. But Biden has been worse despite the B.S. numbers twisting of the left......our deficit has grown substantially faster under Biden.

Then you listen to the debate and Biden was all about giveaways......MORE DEBT
That's pretty on brand for the democrats.
But I think with Trump we have a better chance. My opinion. Of doing something better.
Trump sucks out loud. My opinion. I believe he's only running again to avoid prison because of the shenanigans of his first term. Because he's an old, out of touch criminal, grifter and bag O' shit being propped up by the dying boomer generation.

Forum List

Back