GOP lawmaker’s wife accuses him of an affair — and points the finger at the wrong woman

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
House Homeland Security Chair Mark Green engaged in an extramarital affair, the woman involved told POLITICO Friday — speaking out after a text message from Green’s estranged wife circulated among House Republicans.

House Homeland Security Chair Mark Green engaged in an extramarital affair, the woman involved told POLITICO Friday — speaking out after a text message from Green’s estranged wife circulated among House Republicans.

In that message, first sent to a group of acquaintances on Wednesday, Camilla Green announced that the Tennessee Republican, her husband of 35 years, was leaving her for a younger woman he had met in Washington. It also included an allegation about the identity of the woman’s employer, sparking a legal threat from the company, which disputed the charge.

“He fell head over heels in love with her to the extent he wanted to marry her and start a new family,” she wrote, adding that she has tried to reconcile and “he wants nothing of it and has insisted on a divorce.”

“Satan has rewritten our marriage in his mind,” she wrote in the message, which was first reported by the Nashville Banner. “My heart is shattered. I really just don’t know how to do life right now.”

Mark Green, who has chaired the Homeland Security panel since 2023 and is in line to keep the gavel should Republicans keep their House majority in November, issued a statement through his congressional office that did not address the substance of his wife’s claims.

Mark Green announced in February that he would retire from Congress, saying in a statement that it was “time for me to return home.” He thanked his wife and family “for standing beside me and for their service to our nation.”

He abruptly reversed course two weeks later, citing a request from former President Donald Trump, who had publicly called on him to reconsider. Green filed for divorce last month in Montgomery County, Tennessee.

What is it with Repub men and hypocrisy? This Mark Green is a conservative Christian who has hosted weekly Bible studies in his home and frames his political positions in terms of his Christian faith.

Of course, all the while he was cheating on his wife! Do you have to be a hypocrite to be a card-carrying member of the Republican party or is that just icing on the cake?

In that message, first sent to a group of acquaintances on Wednesday, Camilla Green announced that the Tennessee Republican, her husband of 35 years, was leaving her for a younger woman he had met in Washington. It also included an allegation about the identity of the woman’s employer, sparking a legal threat from the company, which disputed the charge.

“He fell head over heels in love with her to the extent he wanted to marry her and start a new family,” she wrote, adding that she has tried to reconcile and “he wants nothing of it and has insisted on a divorce.”

“Satan has rewritten our marriage in his mind,” she wrote in the message, which was first reported by the Nashville Banner. “My heart is shattered. I really just don’t know how to do life right now.”

Mark Green, who has chaired the Homeland Security panel since 2023 and is in line to keep the gavel should Republicans keep their House majority in November, issued a statement through his congressional office that did not address the substance of his wife’s claims.

Mark Green announced in February that he would retire from Congress, saying in a statement that it was “time for me to return home.” He thanked his wife and family “for standing beside me and for their service to our nation.”

He abruptly reversed course two weeks later, citing a request from former President Donald Trump, who had publicly called on him to reconsider. Green filed for divorce last month in Montgomery County, Tennessee.

What is it with Repub men and hypocrisy? This Mark Green is a conservative Christian who has hosted weekly Bible studies in his home and frames his political positions in terms of his Christian faith.

Of course, all the while he was cheating on his wife! Do you have to be a hypocrite to be a card-carrying member of the Republican party or is that just icing on the cake?
Most conservatives are nearly as religious as they are actually conservative.

Which is to say not at all.

Forum List

Back