GOP Leadership Memo Suggests Senate Cannot Block Trial If House Votes To Impeach Trump

I don't think that President Trump would "testify" at any liberal witch hunt. But he would give an opening monologue and rip the libs a new one.
don't you get it pole The pos trump can NEVER put his hand on a bible and swear He CAN'T tell the truth
Neither can the rest of POS Washington!
3#rd That MAY be true BUT right now we're dealing with the worst POS ever to come to our WH This man is stupid ,a bully and has no place in our gov't GET rid of that POS and we can argue about the next
You don't like him so what? Fact-he did not get American boys killed and maimed in a war like Bush did-in the wrong country! Fact-he got unemployment figures for blacks lowest since 1969, something Obama could not do. Is he a bully, yes. He HAS a place in our government because he was ELECTED there. Do the mature thing and work to get him defeated in 2020-don't try end runs with made up political garbage or personality attacks.
Just a quickie 3rd before my 2nd love FB Just what did he do to get those unemployment figures for blacks so low?
after all obama had 75 straight months of 6 digit employment gains Think any blacks were among those?
Apparently not-I don't believe or figures that reach back in history- 6 digit gains? How is that mathematically possible?

We are fine with holding a trial, it will last 5 minutes. 4 minutes will be spent laughing at the Dem's. :auiqs.jpg:
How many of you Trumpanees know a damn thing about Watergate and Nixon's rapid slide down the staircase railing?

Do not be misled by Trump and the far right deep state!! This ain't over by a long shot!!! Bigly!

Now we can see which cowardly republican traitors stand up for Trump
As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

What is being said the Senate will not convict at this moment...
McConnell will not allow the Senate to convict no matter what.
I don’t believe this. I believe the GOP will turn on trump.
Only if it affects the re-election chances of them-and they will be polling their districts like crazy.

As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

I hope.

But I doubt it.
Like everything else, 50/50.

We are fine with holding a trial, it will last 5 minutes. 4 minutes will be spent laughing at the Dem's. :auiqs.jpg:
How many of you Trumpanees know a damn thing about Watergate and Nixon's rapid slide down the staircase railing?

Do not be misled by Trump and the far right deep state!! This ain't over by a long shot!!! Bigly!
Believe it or not I watched the Watergate hearings on my honeymoon-in between other things. The opposition party was respectful and followed procedure without playing to the cameras. This new group of jackals is not worth anybody's respect. They may win thanks to dirty tricks and dirtier people wanting a pay day, but the undermining of trust in our elections will be long lasting or even permanent.

Do you really think the Senate Republicans are so delusional that they will be able to vanquish the Dems without Trump's supporters?

You could be right, but I have my doubts.

When the mob boss says "I need a favor"
trump_putin-122216.jpg

"or else" is optional.

Russia, NATO, Trump: The Shadow World
OK, what other words do we want to put into someone's mouth, but hurry, do it before the trial!
OK, what other words do we want to put into someone's mouth, but hurry, do it before the trial!
Maybe the "Stable Genius" will testify in his own defense during his upcoming Senate trail since he undoubtedly knows more about impeachment than God, right?

Trump's Ukraine phone call, annotated

"The President

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people."
We will learn more, but people will not change their opinion of Trump-good or bad
We will learn more, but people will not change their opinion of Trump-good or bad
Millions of people will never change their opinion of Donald Trump.
EFt_n4pW4AEwzGD.jpg

Never Underestimate Trump.
I agree with the quote-you can't remove a duly elected president on the interpretation of a phone call and not expect TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE and pushback.
I agree with the quote-you can't remove a duly elected president on the interpretation of a phone call and not expect TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE and pushback.
Unless that TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE is overwhelmed by a MASSIVE SIGH OF RELIEF as Trump and the crime cohort slink off to prison?

Do you really think the Senate Republicans are so delusional that they will be able to vanquish the Dems without Trump's supporters?

Anything can happen but if a Republican votes Trump out, he will never win another election-the Dems sure aren't going to vote for them!

Maybe the "Stable Genius" will testify in his own defense during his upcoming Senate trail since he undoubtedly knows more about impeachment than God, right?

Trump's Ukraine phone call, annotated

"The President

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people."
Millions of people will never change their opinion of Donald Trump.
EFt_n4pW4AEwzGD.jpg

Never Underestimate Trump.
Unless that TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE is overwhelmed by a MASSIVE SIGH OF RELIEF as Trump and the crime cohort slink off to prison?
You have roughly 60 million on each side. One side would rejoice at taking out a duly elected president and sigh with relief. The other would seek revenge for having their vote tossed aside AFTER it was registered. Hate always overcomes relief.

I think they will see the handwriting on the wall - the impeachment inquiry is already up to 50% approval - and make a break, to salvage what they can. Then they will start the re-branding for 2022.

don't you get it pole The pos trump can NEVER put his hand on a bible and swear He CAN'T tell the truth
Neither can the rest of POS Washington!
3#rd That MAY be true BUT right now we're dealing with the worst POS ever to come to our WH This man is stupid ,a bully and has no place in our gov't GET rid of that POS and we can argue about the next
You don't like him so what? Fact-he did not get American boys killed and maimed in a war like Bush did-in the wrong country! Fact-he got unemployment figures for blacks lowest since 1969, something Obama could not do. Is he a bully, yes. He HAS a place in our government because he was ELECTED there. Do the mature thing and work to get him defeated in 2020-don't try end runs with made up political garbage or personality attacks.
Just a quickie 3rd before my 2nd love FB Just what did he do to get those unemployment figures for blacks so low?
after all obama had 75 straight months of 6 digit employment gains Think any blacks were among those?
Apparently not-I don't believe or figures that reach back in history- 6 digit gains? How is that mathematically possible?
Look in the record It's black and white

Anything can happen but if a Republican votes Trump out, he will never win another election-the Dems sure aren't going to vote for them!
One more instance that repubs believe in political party before country

I hope.

But I doubt it.
Politics, at its core, is survival. Just as how these GOP cowards won’t speak out against trump, worried about re-election, if he’s seen as taking down the entire Party they will throw him under the bus, again worried about re-election.

It’s not like these clowns have guiding principles...other than re-election.

One more instance that repubs believe in political party before country

If Trump loses, our economy collapses, and America loses all respect, ed.

Ukraine wants to get rid of corruption. How will Bite Me mend fences with them?

No, I think they’ll savage what the can from a lost cause.

Impeachment is akin to an indictment. It is not removal from office.

A senate trial is required for removal, once the evidence shows irrefutable proof of the charges.

Will Senate Republicans take their responsibility seriously? Will they hold their oaths sacred?

If they acquit, will they put politics before their constitutional responsibilities?

Moscow Mitch McConnell! Will you write your own chapter of Profiles of Courage, or will you continue to be a toady for a politically dead man walking?

By the same token, will Senate democrats do their jobs if the evidence is not sufficient and vote to acquit? If they vote to convict, will they put politics before their constitutional responsibilities?
All the House Democrats these days are using the exact same language to address that issue. They all wrap themselves in our flag and declare their impeachment of the POTUS is not political but rather their constitutional duty. That is, they believe it their duty to impeach because 'Trump is a poopyhead.'

Capiche?
Talking points. Republicans are pissed about this. They are going to rip the Dims to shreds.

There are plenty of people on this forum alone who you can look toward to confirm what I’m saying, regarding doing a complete 180 on a politician.

CrusaderFrank, Oddball, bigrebnc1775, peach174, koshergrl, etc. used to love and defend everything that Bush did. Now they all claim otherwise, and some of them are harshly critical. Who changed? Not Bush.

Impeachment is akin to an indictment. It is not removal from office.

A senate trial is required for removal, once the evidence shows irrefutable proof of the charges.

Will Senate Republicans take their responsibility seriously? Will they hold their oaths sacred?

If they acquit, will they put politics before their constitutional responsibilities?

Moscow Mitch McConnell! Will you write your own chapter of Profiles of Courage, or will you continue to be a toady for a politically dead man walking?

By the same token, will Senate democrats do their jobs if the evidence is not sufficient and vote to acquit? If they vote to convict, will they put politics before their constitutional responsibilities?
All the House Democrats these days are using the exact same language to address that issue. They all wrap themselves in our flag and declare their impeachment of the POTUS is not political but rather their constitutional duty. That is, they believe it their duty to impeach because 'Trump is a poopyhead.'

Capiche?
Talking points. Republicans are pissed about this. They are going to rip the Dims to shreds.
And the Dim Dems are doing this to themselves but it's not just the Repubs who will rip them a new one in 2020 but a shitload of Independent voters and even some Dems who will judge the Democrat Socialist Party harshly on election day.

In 2016, 19 million Independents and 4 million Dems voted for Trump. Those numbers will increase significantly in 2020. They can't do this crap to America and then expect us to vote for their candidates. Well, they can but we won't.

I did neither supported nor voted for Trump in 2016 but I will in 2020. Once a Democrat, I have for decades been registered and voted Independent for the best candidates. I see no way I will ever vote for a Dem again. I will not reward them for their anti-American words and actions.

BTW, the narrative today is "national security" as if any Dem gives a flying rat's ass.

There are plenty of people on this forum alone who you can look toward to confirm what I’m saying, regarding doing a complete 180 on a politician.

CrusaderFrank, Oddball, bigrebnc1775, peach174, koshergrl, etc. used to love and defend everything that Bush did. Now they all claim otherwise, and some of them are harshly critical. Who changed? Not Bush.
I suppose you haven't noticed how many Shrillary supporters have turned on her and now mock and ridicule her. What changed? :lol:

Forum List

Back