GOP offers short erm debt level increase

Shutdown Day 10: House GOP will propose a short-term debt ceiling plan - CNN.com

It is a beginning. I think it will work. Maybe if they sit down and talk they can work something out.

Kick the can down the road and get your ass kicked again later? Why?

The GOP is getting hammered (again) for these tactics. Why suffer again and again? Either stick to your goals and endure the consequences or cut bait and start rebuilding your image now.

This slow water-torture death is even worse for the GOP.

I think the GOP is becoming very, very scared...

The Democrats are handling themselves way better then 2011 I must say.

Why the fresh hell would obama negotiate after Boehner gives him what he wants?

The government is still closed...

And? Obama will simply wait that one out too. Then Boehner will cave on that as well. this is a victory for obama and he'll continue his "my way or the highway" strategy. there's simply no reason for him to negotiate.

And? Obama will simply wait that one out too. Then Boehner will cave on that as well. this is a victory for obama and he'll continue his "my way or the highway" strategy. there's simply no reason for him to negotiate.

Well, there's no reason for him to behave as if he's lost a vote.

So you are making my point now?

If Boehner makes this offer and obama takes it, he will have no reason at all to negotiate, none.

Summaries of Proposals from President Obama, Simpson-Bowles Commission, and Domenici-Rivlin Task Force on Social Security Reform.

President Obama:
This provision would replace the current inflation measure, the CPI-W, with the C-CPI-U, to determine COLAs for Social Security beneficiaries as of December 2014 and later. (Note: While this provision focuses on Social Security only, in his Fiscal Year 2014 budget, the President also proposed applying the C-CPI-U to the tax code and non-means tested programs.)

Also beginning in December 2019, a benefit increase would be provided equal to 5 percent of the average retired worker benefit, phased in over 10 years, beginning at age 76 (or 15th year of receiving benefits). Ten years after the increase is fully phased in, the beneficiary is eligible for a second increase beginning at age 95 (or 34th year of receiving benefits).

Discuss.

Last edited:

So you are making my point now?

If Boehner makes this offer and obama takes it, he will have no reason at all to negotiate, none.

Pretty much. If Obama knows Boehner won't allow a debt default why would Obama surrender terms to Boehner. It's literally the beginning of the end.

They're petrified. literally. lol

the House Republican offer represented a significant breakthrough. Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin, the chairman of the House Budget Committee, said Republicans were now willing to go to formal negotiations with Senate Democrats over a long-term, comprehensive budget framework, a move Republicans have resisted since April. And while House Republicans are divided over even a short-term increase in the debt ceiling, Representative Tim Griffin, Republican of Arkansas, said the proposal would pass with Republican and Democratic votes.

“We would get a commitment from the president, a concession, to sit down and talk with us, to negotiate before we go to a yearlong debt ceiling increase,” said Representative John Fleming, Republican of Louisiana. “There won’t be a vote on a temporary extension of the debt limit unless the president agrees this afternoon to sit down and talk with us.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/317681-gop-offers-short-erm-debt-level-increase.html

I think they need to define the peramaters of what Obama will negoitate in exchange for a six week debt limit increase. If they want to revisit Obamacare ... no way. If they want to negotiate debt levels and where we cut and get more money ... sure.

But from what i've seen the TPM is not backing down from eliminating Obamacare. Unless the maj of the republican causus is willing to push them aside for a larger debt deal, we're just still as dysfunctional as when we were during "Cruzathon."

Last edited:
155712_654262524595616_1503706344_n.jpg

As I have just demonstrated, Obama already has proposals on the table. Why haven't the people who pour your piss informed you of them? Were they too busy talking about Michelle's fat ass? Why did you not bother to find this out for yourself?

Last edited:

As I have just demonstrated, Obama already has proposals on the table. Why haven't the people who pour your piss informed you of them? Were they too busy talking about Michelle's fat ass?

Yeah, what's up with that? It's like Billy Bob Thorton in Bad Santa. Creepy.

Forum List

Back