GOP offers short erm debt level increase

And? Obama will simply wait that one out too. Then Boehner will cave on that as well. this is a victory for obama and he'll continue his "my way or the highway" strategy. there's simply no reason for him to negotiate.

Well, there's no reason for him to behave as if he's lost a vote.

So you are making my point now?

If Boehner makes this offer and obama takes it, he will have no reason at all to negotiate, none.

Other than the fact he has put deal after deal forward. No reason to expect that he would stop. But he's not going to pretend he lost the votes and SCOTUS ruling on Obamacare. So far, that has been what the GOP has demanded him to do.

It ain't gonna happen.

Why the fresh hell would obama negotiate after Boehner gives him what he wants?

As I have just demonstrated, Obama already has proposals on the table. Why haven't the people who pour your piss informed you of them? Were they too busy talking about Michelle's fat ass? Why did you not bother to find this out for yourself?

Do us all a favor and hold your breath until obama negotiates with the GOP. No problem it will be any minute now right?

Dumbass.

Well, there's no reason for him to behave as if he's lost a vote.

So you are making my point now?

If Boehner makes this offer and obama takes it, he will have no reason at all to negotiate, none.

Other than the fact he has put deal after deal forward. No reason to expect that he would stop. But he's not going to pretend he lost the votes and SCOTUS ruling on Obamacare. So far, that has been what the GOP has demanded him to do.

It ain't gonna happen.

Just how dense are you? Him putting a deal forward is not negotiating. Do you know the difference?

The GOP will have to negotiate without ACA on the table.

Exactly - Obama isn't going to pretend the GOP has the votes to repeal it. The GOP is going to have to actually come up with the votes to repeal it.

It's like negotiating with terrorists ... you don't do it.

If you give in, then what is to keep the next disgruntled minority from grinding everything to a halt until their issues are "fixed" ?

It's a stupid, doomed strategy because there are still enough people around who recognize the short-sightedness of it.

They just keep trotting it out - and they just keep getting their asses handed to them. How stupid is that?

Last edited:
Shutdown Day 10: House GOP will propose a short-term debt ceiling plan - CNN.com

It is a beginning. I think it will work. Maybe if they sit down and talk they can work something out.

The GOP has always been willing to kick the can down the road and ignore the fact that the solution to our never ending problems (reform of the tax code, immigration and border security, energy policy, deficit spending and the massive debt) is to fix the systemic ones, i.e., the committee system in The Congress and rules which allow a minority - sometimes a minority of one - absolute power to debate an issue or even to put an issue to an up or down vote.

Then what do they have to negotiate? Nothing. They are already giving in on the debt ceiling, what do they have? Zip, zilch, nada.

That just shows the demands involving ACA were pointless from the beginning. It was all just a farce made soley because the Republicans don't have the votes to repeal the law legally.

Shutdown Day 10: House GOP will propose a short-term debt ceiling plan - CNN.com

It is a beginning. I think it will work. Maybe if they sit down and talk they can work something out.

The GOP has always been willing to kick the can down the road and ignore the fact that the solution to our never ending problems (reform of the tax code, immigration and border security, energy policy, deficit spending and the massive debt) is to fix the systemic ones, i.e., the committee system in The Congress and rules which allow a minority - sometimes a minority of one - absolute power to debate an issue or even to put an issue to an up or down vote.

The Dems have been willing to kick the can down the road themselves. But in this case it is only prolonging the GOP downturn. Everytime they trot out this "hold government hostage" strategy - they get their asses kicked. They might as well rip the bandaid of once - quickly - and then be done with it.

Either stand up and make your big play - or find a new strategy. Everytime they do this - they lose support that they just can't seem to win back.

Then what do they have to negotiate? Nothing. They are already giving in on the debt ceiling, what do they have? Zip, zilch, nada.

Means testing medicare and soc sec, extending the elig age, caps on HC spending (gonna be tough there with Obama), pipeline, loopholes for lower rates .... essenitally the issue now is reducing the debt/gnp ratios predicted by CBO. Which was what the issue should have been all along.... Or at least I hope the gop's regained its sanity and manhood.

The Dems have been willing to kick the can down the road themselves. But in this case it is only prolonging the GOP downturn. Everytime they trot out this "hold government hostage" strategy - they get their asses kicked. They might as well rip the bandaid of once - quickly - and then be done with it.

Either stand up and make your big play - or find a new strategy. Everytime they do this - they lose support that they just can't seem to win back.

It's true both parties have been to willing to kick the can down the road, generally leaving important issues unresolved for years. Leaders who put highly partisan members into committee chairs only exacerbate a broken system.

How much money did Darrell Issa cost the taxpayers with his partisan investigations, and what did he accomplish?

As I have just demonstrated, Obama already has proposals on the table. Why haven't the people who pour your piss informed you of them? Were they too busy talking about Michelle's fat ass? Why did you not bother to find this out for yourself?

Obama's "proposals" consist of "give me more money to spend and more control over the economy." Why would anyone "negotiate" with that? That isn't negotiation. That's giving in to a spoiled child.

Means testing medicare and soc sec, extending the elig age, caps on HC spending (gonna be tough there with Obama), pipeline, loopholes for lower rates .... essenitally the issue now is reducing the debt/gnp ratios predicted by CBO. Which was what the issue should have been all along.... Or at least I hope the gop's regained its sanity and manhood.

Fascinating. An honest post wherein the GOP is depicted with brutal honesty as the party which takes from the poor and gives to the wealthy.

It's true both parties have been to willing to kick the can down the road, generally leaving important issues unresolved for years. Leaders who put highly partisan members into committee chairs only exacerbate a broken system.

How much money did Darrell Issa cost the taxpayers with his partisan investigations, and what did he accomplish?

So you oppose the GOP temporarily raising the debt ceiling. Good.
Issa's investigations are turning over some nasty shit. Latest is that the IRS shared confidential data with the White House. That is a felony, in case you have any knowledge of law enforcement, which I doubt.

Obama's "proposals" consist of "give me more money to spend and more control over the economy." Why would anyone "negotiate" with that? That isn't negotiation. That's giving in to a spoiled child.

Medicare reform is not "give me more money"

So you oppose the GOP temporarily raising the debt ceiling. Good.
Issa's investigations are turning over some nasty shit. Latest is that the IRS shared confidential data with the White House. That is a felony, in case you have any knowledge of law enforcement, which I doubt.

You wanna put your eggs in that basket - go right ahead.
Sounds a lot like the smoking gun that the birth certificate thing was gonna expose. But knock yourself out ...

I oppose any disgruntled minority grinding government to a halt in order to undo something that they don't have the votes to undo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back