Inflation Down Again: Under 3% Now

wages are catching up to inflation, that is what always happens.

Higher housing prices were one of the main things Trump bragged about when he said how good his economy was....why are they bad now?

I don't ever recall agreeing with Trump on this. And his bragging about anything is nothing I pay attention to.

After all, he never exaggerates and is never hyperbolic.

That equity I get by house going up is what my kids will be paying if they can afford a house at all.

Inflation keeps dropping

In fact it will likely trigger a Fed rate cut

Way to go Joe
Inflation is going down? So is the economy stupid

Watch the markets tumble with great Kamala polling numbers

Just a prediction.

Higher housing prices were one of the main things Trump bragged about when he said how good his economy was....why are they bad now?
Because interest rates are high, this discourages homeowners from selling their houses (with record low interest rates) and new home buyers who can't afford the monthly payments. As interest rates decrease, demand will increase and drive higher valuations on real-estate.

That equity I get by house going up is what my kids will be paying if they can afford a house at all.

Yeah, that has always been the case.

Look at when the huge jump in housing prices hit, it was during COVID. This was due, in my opinion, to the misguided moratorium on evictions and foreclosures.

Since that time prices have slowed or even come down

1723657749281.png

Because interest rates are high, this discourages homeowners from selling their houses (with record low interest rates) and new home buyers who can't afford the monthly payments. As interest rates decrease, demand will increase and drive higher valuations on real-estate.

Interest rates won't stay this high, but I doubt we will see them as low as they were in the 2000s for a long time.

Yeah, that has always been the case.

Look at when the huge jump in housing prices hit, it was during COVID. This was due, in my opinion, to the misguided moratorium on evictions and foreclosures.

Since that time prices have slowed or even come down

View attachment 995650
Prices have also started to come down due to high interest rates.

But not like I would have expected.

I think the correction is still to come.

We need it. I don't know how young people afford homes.

Exactly .. a home owner with a 2-3% interest rate won't be inclined to purchase a higher priced house at 5-6%

Depends on a lot of variable. If the value of their house has gone up substantially they could.

I had a house built in 2022. Signed the contract in March but could not close to Oct so we ended up with 5.5%, not great but nothing I am going to complain about. If the rates come down we might redo it, but we plan to see it in 2029 so I am not sure how rates will be by then.

Prices have also started to come down due to high interest rates.

But not like I would have expected.

I think the correction is still to come.

We need it. I don't know how young people afford homes.
The demand for home purchases is down because housing prices are up and so are interest rates. Homeowners who purchased a house or refinanced it during the record low-interest period will be unlikely to sell their house for a more expensive monthly payment. As interest rates decline (hopefully), the demand will for home ownership will increase, thus increasing the valuation of the real estate.

Got to find the sweet spot of lower interest rates and lower home valuation for it to be a seller's market.

Hey dopey… it does include those things

Not including this things makes the rate 3.2%.

Guess what that means asshole?

Yeah food and energy costs DROPPED more than most things

What really makes food costs and energy costs so bad is the higher costs of rent, housing, cars and insurance accross the board. Whatever money we have left is eaten up by those food and energy costs.
theres a reason Americans are struggling with Credit Card debt on top of that.

Depends on a lot of variable. If the value of their house has gone up substantially they could.

I had a house built in 2022. Signed the contract in March but could not close to Oct so we ended up with 5.5%, not great but nothing I am going to complain about. If the rates come down we might redo it, but we plan to see it in 2029 so I am not sure how rates will be by then.
5.5% isn't a terrible rate .. we sold our house in Kentucky in August 2022 (with an interest rate in the 3% range), and we capitalized on the higher valuation of the house. Moving to Texas and purchasing a home in December 2022 allowed us to put a hefty down payment with a higher interest rate, and I look forward to lower interest rates with a shorter mortgage window.

5.5% isn't a terrible rate .. we sold our house in Kentucky in August 2022 (with an interest rate in the 3% range), and we capitalized on the higher valuation of the house. Moving to Texas and purchasing a home in December 2022 allowed us to put a hefty down payment with a higher interest rate, and I look forward to lower interest rates with a shorter mortgage window.

That's fine for you. You had the equity to carry.

I did the same thing.

But young people simply cannot afford homes.

Forum List

Back