Inflation Down Again: Under 3% Now

No they will not. Point a time after there was a round of inflation to where the prices went back down to where they were, it never happens.

Companies have gotten us used to paying the higher prices, they have no reason to lower them.
They don't go back down completely, but they do go down. In the 1980's, I believed that no bank would ever go back to 2% or 3% mortgage rates when they were used to 12, 13, 14%.
I was wrong. You probably are too.

They don't go back down completely, but they do go down. In the 1980's, I believed that no bank would ever go back to 2% or 3% mortgage rates when they were used to 12, 13, 14%.
I was wrong. You probably are too.

My post was about overall prices, not interest rates.,

But yes, the Rates went down due to the massive recession in 2008/09.

Then they were kept lower than that for far, far too long, which lead to many of the problems we have dealt with in the last few years.

My post was about overall prices, not interest rates.,

But yes, the Rates went down due to the massive recession in 2008/09.

Then they were kept lower than that for far, far too long, which lead to many of the problems we have dealt with in the last few years.
Land goes down, as do homes. Been in construction my whole life. I've seen it.

I'll take it but it translates to little real world gains for the average consumer.

Oil is just under $80 a barrel so that means gas price hikes in the near future.

I noted that it went up .12 cents a gallon yesterday.

Land goes down, as do homes. Been in construction my whole life. I've seen it.

Seems to not happen very often.

1723663338890.png

Forum List

Back