An election on the issues would be a slam dunk but that's not what we have.

It is bizarre. The only policy she has put forward is Donald's no tax on tips thing. Her official website doesn't have one policy position. It's been three weeks since she officially entered the race and hasn't given one interview or done one press conference.

If we ever actually had an election about issues, both parties would fall apart. My total fantasy, never happen concept for elections would be:

Candidates can only talk about themselves. They Mary not mention any other candidate or their policies.

Candidates may only speak on what they plan to do is elected, not what has happened on the past.

Candidates may only speak about policies/issues. No personal biography or resume discussions.

Once again this race has become about personalities.

Trump has no entry here because he basically does not have one.

As stupid as it may sound people will vote for the parkinsonian smile on the bitch's face. Yeah that's right The one that everyone keeps making fun of.... it's the same one that's going to win this race.

We should be concerned with inflation which is not going down even though the lying media says it is.... Illegal immigration, housing costs, energy costs, transportation costs.....but no.....

We're voting based on dental work because we are stupid, stupid nation.

If we were not a stupid nation the likes of Trump and Biden/Harris would never have sniffed the White House.

It is not going to change this cycle.

Please grow up.... I don't approve of kangaroo courts that slap the term felon on somebody fraudulently.

DC has a very high density of unconvicted felons. It's very possible that Harris could qualify should she be scrutinized closely enough.

Biden has just as many sexual abuse allegations on his record.... Could probably be convicted if it was pursued.

The felon and rapist thing is getting tired you need some new material.
So you say, but those were juries of his peers, the American way. They can weigh evidence in those cases like any other. If it was a railroad, juries would have seen through it.

#HOWMANYCASES

If we were not a stupid nation the likes of Trump and Biden/Harris would never have sniffed the White House.

It is not going to change this cycle.
Lol..... Couldn't have said it any better. How the hell did we get to the point where we have to choose between Boorish and Clueless? Why is our selection system so seriously effed-up?

So you say, but those were juries of his peers, the American way. They can weigh evidence in those cases like any other. If it was a railroad, juries would have seen through it.

#HOWMANYCASES
It was a full on railroad and most everybody knows it.

Doesn't matter.... Trump really has only himself to blame. He was warned away back when he descended the escalator that public office would be a dangerous place for him especially with his past. He knew the risks.

Lol..... Couldn't have said it any better. How the hell did we get to the point where we have to choose between Boorish and Clueless? Why is our selection system so seriously effed-up?

Because the extremists from both parties control the primaries, and that is the fault of the more moderate voters who tend to sit out the primaries.

People get mad and call me names when I say this, but the current primary system is producing worse and worse candidates. We had a far higher quality of people to vote for prior to the being primaries and party elites chose the candidates.

Because the extremists from both parties control the primaries, and that is the fault of the more moderate voters who tend to sit out the primaries.

People get mad and call me names when I say this, but the current primary system is producing worse and worse candidates. We had a far higher quality of people to vote for prior to the being primaries and party elites chose the candidates.
Yes

Tough, JO. Dems got rid of Biden, citizens will vote for Harrris.

All he has to do is stick to the issues but he's too easily distracted into a personality battle that he cannot win.
If he does that, he’ll have to get into specifics--of which he has none because the tax cuts did nothing for the middle class, the “don’t hit them and they won’t hit us” military he had worked because we weren’t hit. If we were to get hit, he wouldn’t have a clue--just like he has no clue on how to draw down the wars in Ukraine in Gaza. The trade war was a failure. He didn’t build the wall. He didn’t replace Obamacare.

He’s a loser on the issues too.

Well, I would just say, “What do you expect?” We let two rural and, lets face it, almost inconsequential states largely determine the candidates that we get to vote for in the Spring of an election year. I can’t believe it took this long for some to understand the weaknesses of that plan. What I think we should do is this.

Have regional primaries--essentially 5 “Super Tuesdays” from January to May. I’m partial to starting in the South or the West in January so that the temperatures are more moderate but start anywhere you want and rotate them every 4 years.

January X, 2028. ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ, DE vote.
February X, 2028. HI, AK, WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, AZ, UT, WY, MT, vote
March X, 2028. ND, SD, MN, NE, NM, TX, CO, NE, KS, OK vote.
April X, 2028, FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TN, SC, NC, VA, WV vote
May X, 2028, MI, OH, MN, WI, IL, IA, MO, AR, KY IN vote (along with any others that had to postpone due to weather).

Let 10 states determine who stays in and who goes home. Mix the states up between large and small, urban and rural, demographically diverse electorates. We have candidates camping out in one state for months at a time, having to fly out to Nevada for a primary then back to South Carolina for the next contest. Its nuts.

It was a full on railroad and most everybody knows it.

Doesn't matter.... Trump really has only himself to blame. He was warned away back when he descended the escalator that public office would be a dangerous place for him especially with his past. He knew the risks.
Self-fulfilling prophecy. If you keep doing crime, eventually you get caught. :dunno:

#EASYPEASY

Forum List

Back