GOP Rep. Barton Apologizes to BP

I apologize to BP, I apologize to the Chrysler Senior Secured creditors I apologize to real Americans, I apologize to our Democracy loving friends around the world.

I wish to God that Wells Fargo would have told Bush and Paulson to "FUCK OFF!" when the Federal Government started its overt push to Fascism back in 2008 and this is the foul harvest we reap.

This is what Fascism looks like. You might think its fun now, but it only ends with smoke and fire because Fascist won't listen to reason -- not once, not ever

The escrow account is a great idea for BP, if they have input into how much it pays out. If anyone who applies to it can get money without proving their case, they would be better off going to court.

Yeah, anything less than $500,000 this applies to.

Can I get $500.00 from the fund, even though I have never lived or worked on the Gulf Coast? If I can BO is better off going to court because every idiot in the world is going to apply.

Uh...that's why it was given to the same guy that implemented 9/11 claims.[/QUOTE]

yes, and Cavuto just pointed out that some of the 9-11 victims waited YEARS for compensation.. way to go obie wan knownothing.

This is what Fascism looks like.

And this is what a wingnut looks like when "fighting" fascism

crying_baby.jpg

yes, and Cavuto just pointed out that some of the 9-11 victims waited YEARS for compensation.. way to go obie wan knownothing.
They'd still be waiting if it was going through the courts.

wait and wait and wait and wait, just like Louisiana is still wating for permission for sand bars.. 59 days down the road.. and wait and wait and wait and wait. all we need now in the gulf coast is a hurricane.

wait and wait and wait and wait, just like Louisiana is still wating for permission for sand bars.. 59 days down the road.. and wait and wait and wait and wait. all we need now in the gulf coast is a hurricane.
Too bad Jindal is such a crybaby and sat on his own hands waiting for the government to rescue his state.

I know Republicans are dumb and won't see it that way...but that's exactly what he did.

Yes -

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

Too bad Jindal is such a crybaby and sat on his own hands waiting for the government to rescue his state.

I know Republicans are dumb and won't see it that way...but that's exactly what he did.

Jindal should tell Obama to go golfing and he'll take over the clean up

he didn't asswipe, he's like Arizona he said fuck the feds and he's building his sand bars.. can't depend on obie wan knownutting for nuttin.. that's what Arizona and now Louisiana realizes.

:lol::lol: or obie wan can invite Paul the Brit back for a little kiss up the ass.

:lol::lol: or obie wan can invite Paul the Brit back for a little kiss up the ass.

"How I kicked ass and plugged the Hole: My Third Autobiography" -- B Hussein Obama

he didn't asswipe, he's like Arizona he said fuck the feds and he's building his sand bars.. can't depend on obie wan knownutting for nuttin.. that's what Arizona and now Louisiana realizes.
Nope, he said he wouldn't build them unless someone else paid for them. A few hundred thousand would have saved those 20,000 jobs. :lol: What a doosh!

Nope, he said he wouldn't build them unless someone else paid for them. A few hundred thousand would have saved those 20,000 jobs. :lol: What a doosh!

Actually, Jindle requested 24 berms to be built, and 17 days later barry and his band of thugs stated that he could have only 6 built and the feds will pay for 1. Hmmm...
Reaction time sucks when a state is dealing with the bureaurcracy of the feds....this seems to be the big problem

Thank goodness we have politicians like Barton standing up for sensitive corporations.

We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings to such an extent that they stop contributing to GOP campaigns

Another Corporatist Republican steps in it.

GOP Rep. Barton: 'I Apologize' To BP For 'Tragedy' Of Obama Admin's '$20 Billion Shakedown' (VIDEO) | TPMDC

GOP Rep. Barton: 'I Apologize' To BP For 'Tragedy' Of Obama Admin's '$20 Billion Shakedown' (VIDEO)
Eric Kleefeld | June 17, 2010, 10:47AM

In the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee hearing today on the BP oil spill, Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) said something very remarkable: Amidst a committee slamming BP all around, he apologized to the company for the $20 billion escrow account that the Obama administration asked them to create for paying out damages in the case.

"I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shakedown," Barton said.
<more>
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

He is a disgrace, to side with a billion dollar corporation over the well being of the people affected by this corporations disaster is disgusting.

Forum List

Back