GOP Senator says single mothers cause of child abuse and crime.

In the last three decades, crime has gone down while divorce and single-parenthood have gone up. Those are the facts. They are indisputable and they prove that this one state senator's bill makes no sense whatsoever.
So we should promote divorce to fight crime?

works for me...

my wife and I have gotten along famously ever since she agreed to an amicable divorce...

'n, btw, of the two of us, she's the one who owns a handgun (which is kinda funny when you think about it... her bein' the Hillary look-alike flamin' lib 'n me bein' the staunch NRA-member conservative...)

but since we're goin' the amicable route, I don't have to worry about her using her gun on me... at least not as much as I used to... :)

Senator Glenn Grothman single mothers

An Act requiring the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

While this bill may be a couple of years old, has anything changed? In fact, it's gotten worse. Republicans want to make it harder for women to get contraception. They want to ban abortions.

They want more criminals? Is that their message?

A single mother brought us Obabble...it doesn't get any worse than that.

I should bring up old Carter bills to shit on dems with.

At least that junk was at the Fed level.

Like the bill that was meant to push banks to give loans to people they would never give a home loan to, so they could create a housing bubble.

If that had passed the gop, it would have lead to a huge failure of the economy.

oh wait, clinton passed the same bill, and it did crush the economy

In the last three decades, crime has gone down while divorce and single-parenthood have gone up. Those are the facts. They are indisputable and they prove that this one state senator's bill makes no sense whatsoever.

works for me...

my wife and I have gotten along famously ever since she agreed to an amicable divorce...

'n, btw, of the two of us, she's the one who owns a handgun (which is kinda funny when you think about it... her bein' the Hillary look-alike flamin' lib 'n me bein' the staunch NRA-member conservative...)

but since we're goin' the amicable route, I don't have to worry about her using her gun on me... at least not as much as I used to... :)

women prefer to use poison.

does she still cook a meal for you every now and then? :D

just some 'food' for thought

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.”

-President Obama

And you think only Republicans say stupid shit? That be a clown question, dean.

ALAS! Hark! Who goes there? Woe unto me, it is a loser posting an out of context comment as a straight up deflection! Never fear however...this is a bipartisan loser! All is well in the village square!

Um, I just read the bill, and it doesn't say at all what your spin on it is:

The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do
enact as follows:
1Section 1. 48.982 (2) (g) 2. of the statutes is amended to read:
2 48.982 (2) (g) 2. Promote statewide educational and public awareness
3campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the
4problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials,
5the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child
6abuse and neglect.

7Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
8 48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods
9of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned
10with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize
11nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.
12Section 3. 48.982 (2) (gm) of the statutes is amended to read:
13 48.982 (2) (gm) Provide, for use by the board in its statewide projects under sub.
14(5) and for use by organizations that receive grants under subs. (4) and (6),
15educational and public awareness materials and programming that emphasize
16nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect and the
17role of fathers in the primary prevention of child abuse and neglect.
18 (End)

Without a doubt, children living with single mothers are at a disadvantage compared to those who have both parents.

There is a reason Obama often encourages black fathers to stay with their families, and is looking to nullify federal marijuana laws. Way too many blacks are convicted of victimless crimes in marijuana use and trafficking, and sent to prison, unable to grow up with their families.

So, what are you saying exactly?

Try reading it again.

That being said, this is a 2 year old story that didn't need to be drudged up.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.”

-President Obama

You must not live in the south, where the Civil War is still raging in many people's mind. He is so very right. I know lots of southern staunch democrats that just completely switched when Obama was nominated.....even before they knew his platform or policies.

-President Obama

TK, have you not what many of the Board have written about the president and race?

During my final years in East Texas, many said they could not abide a black person as president.

I am sure you have met folks who have said the same.

No, we should continue to promote education and to subsidize the police instead of cutting back on them as Republicans like to do in a vain attempt at cutbacks that they then turn into tax cuts for their friends the Koch brothers.

Well not so fast. If you want to say that divorce has increased while crime has decreased and one caused the other then you should be promoting divorce to reduce crime. It's logical, right? Don't deflect to throwing money at failed public education and turning America into a police state to cover up your ignorant statmeents.

-President Obama

You must not live in the south, where the Civil War is still raging in many people's mind. He is so very right. I know lots of southern staunch democrats that just completely switched when Obama was nominated.....even before they knew his platform or policies.

Kewl story, bro.

must be an election year. Repubs invariably make comments like this w/ a campaign right around the corner ;)

THe story is almost two years old.
FAIL.
It was not a US Senator, but a WI state senator.
FAIL.
He did not say single mothers cause child abuse.
FAIL.

Total RDerp troll thread fail.
Send to Badlands, stat!

He kinda did.

Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Contributing factor:

something that is partly responsible for a development or phenomenon

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/contributing-factor

Last edited by a moderator:
must be an election year. Repubs invariably make comments like this w/ a campaign right around the corner ;)

THe story is almost two years old.
FAIL.
It was not a US Senator, but a WI state senator.
FAIL.
He did not say single mothers cause child abuse.
FAIL.

Total RDerp troll thread fail.
Send to Badlands, stat!

He kinda did.

Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Contributing factor:

something that is partly responsible for a development or phenomenon

Collins English Dictionary | Always Free Online

No he didnt do anything of the kind. He blames single parenthood, not single parents, although doubtless the distinction is lost in your warped mind.
Amazing that you are stupid enough to defend your ridiculous OP.

Admit it rdean...Single parent families have a far higher rate of crime. The child joins that gangs and has a far lower chance at advancing in life.

All single parent families? Is there a difference between those that are wealthy and those that aren't?

And besides, why work to deny single women contraception and abortion if you believe they are only going to breed criminals? Seems a rather "mixed message", wouldn't you say?

Admit it rdean...Single parent families have a far higher rate of crime. The child joins that gangs and has a far lower chance at advancing in life.

All single parent families? Is there a difference between those that are wealthy and those that aren't?

And besides, why work to deny single women contraception and abortion if you believe they are only going to breed criminals? Seems a rather "mixed message", wouldn't you say?

You need to be banned as a mindless troll. I want everyone who agrees with me who sees this to Like the post.

How many of the criminal thugs in Detroit, for example, do leftists think were bred without a father in the home? My money is on 90% plus. So if not having a stable home life is not a contributing factor, I guess it all boils down to genetics.

So, the truth evidently chaps rdeans ass

anyone with half a brain would realize what he said is a contributing factor for those things

geewhiz, anything to stir the pot for some people

-President Obama

Templar, I thought you were somewhat above the intelligence of the average knuckle dragger conservative but once again you choose to take a quote and not give us the line after it.

Last edited:

-President Obama

The ENTIRE quote:

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President.” He continued, “Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black President.”

Can't really argue with that, now can we?

Forum List

Back