GOP shuts down Government to save jobs from Obamacare...but

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
Government shutdown: Americans hurt as DC 'squabbles like kids' - CNN.com
Business owner, father of 6: 'It has a great impact'
Brad Hill operates a gift shop and food service at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island -- both closed in the government shutdown.

"We just today laid off 110 employees, including myself," he told CNN's "New Day" Tuesday.
This comes after Superstorm Sandy, which closed the site for eight months. During that time, 170 employees were let go.

That was "a devastating experience," he sad. "I have six children, and it took a lot to go for eight months with little pay."

What a bunch of lunatics! I really feel the GOP has signed their own death decree....

Meanwhile, out here in reality, the Senate shut down the government so they could keep their subsidies.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen: Senate Democrats saw their subsidies as being more important that government workers' incomes.

The Dems have no reason to negotiate with the House loons. The longer this goes on the more people will blame the House GOP. As the poll numbers rise, the moderates will begin stepping away from their Bagger brothers.

Peter King, Karl Rove, George Will, Charles Krauthammer are telling us all how stupid the far right reactionaries are in Congress.

BHO, if this goes on for another week, will demand an increase as well in the debt ceiling as the GOP's price for failing.

Forum List

Back