VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

Well that's not true. If they want a job, they'll do a good job or they'll lose their job. Just like other non-tipped jobs. Restaurant/bar owners would not keep employees who don't do a good job.
I was in that business for fifty years, Faun. People that are tipped automatically don't give the same level of customer service as those employees who are tipped by consumers on the job they do. It's not even close. Ever go to France? The service there is awful but the tip is built in.

She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.
Well in fairness to Kamala, she most likely had no clue what was in that bill. She was just under orders to vote for it which doesn't necessarily mean she was personally for anything in it. It just makes her irresponsible and uncaring what happens to the rest of America. (She does have to own her vote for what's in it though.)

I was in that business for fifty years, Faun. People that are tipped automatically don't give the same level of customer service as those employees who are tipped by consumers on the job they do. It's not even close. Ever go to France? The service there is awful but the tip is built in.

We're not in France. Again, if a waiter doesn't do a good job, they will not last long at that job. Owners are not going to keep employees who do a shit job.

Well in fairness to Kamala, she most likely had no clue what was in that bill. She was just under orders to vote for it which doesn't necessarily mean she was personally for anything in it. It just makes her irresponsible and uncaring what happens to the rest of America. (She does have to own her vote for what's in it though.)
correct, every demofk is responsible to be the obedient cult member.

correct, every demofk is responsible to be the obedient cult member.
Sadly that is also the case with some Republicans/Patriots/Independents/libertarians. Anyone who doesn't share their beliefs is labeled a traitor or RINO. And that is the primary reason the left is in power now--we are so buy tearing each other apart over lesser issues, we forget the common vision we all share. They are unified however bad, even evil, their agenda may be.

If we do not get our act together and be willing to set aside those issue differences and personality grudges, we will lose in November too.

What if I just don't think a tip is necessary? What if I think the employer should provide the wage for the employee?

The employer does supply them with a wage. You dont have to tip if you dont want to. And if you think something, realize there are millions of people who think something else.

What if I just don't think a tip is necessary? What if I think the employer should provide the wage for the employee?

Let me ask you something. have you ever worked hard in a restaurant where you were on your feet for hours and only getting a short break? or in that hot kitchen? sometimes cooks are even known to get tips occasionaly... and the waitresses at the place I used to work at shared their tips. You see, not everyone is as selfish as you liberals here.
have ytou ever had to sweat so bad that by the end of your shift you were just dying to get a sip of juice from the bottom of that can of pineapple? Not every place pushes you that hard, but if you ever worked hard for a few bucks you wouldnt sound so heartless. I dont think youve ever worked that hard physically.

She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.

Forum List

Back