VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

She is so
She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.
She is so FULL of shit!!!!!!!!!!

Because then that cost will be passed along to you by the employer but the service will start to SUCK because the employee gets nothing from you and could care less about what you think of the job they did! Use your head, Frigid! This is common sense stuff. I know you on the left don't DO common sense...but that's why States like California are turning into shitholes that nobody wants to live in!

Will it suck? I've been around the world and been to places where people didn't get tips. In fact I've worked in a restaurant in the US where I didn't get tipped either. Was the service bad? No.

It's not "common sense stuff", because I've seen it's not "common sense stuff" with my own eyes.

Perhaps for the same reason wages should not be. work/labor precedes capital, as Lincoln expressed it so well. When buying or selling in the capitalist market, taxes are mostly appropriate. At the fundamental level of earning a wage, other principles apply.

Well, you need taxes. People get services they pay for.

Taxing people is cheaper than the alternative which is private companies to deal with everything.

And taxing wages is better for working people than taxing the products they use.

Let me ask you something. have you ever worked hard in a restaurant where you were on your feet for hours and only getting a short break? or in that hot kitchen? sometimes cooks are even known to get tips occasionaly... and the waitresses at the place I used to work at shared their tips. You see, not everyone is as selfish as you liberals here.
have ytou ever had to sweat so bad that by the end of your shift you were just dying to get a sip of juice from the bottom of that can of pineapple? Not every place pushes you that hard, but if you ever worked hard for a few bucks you wouldnt sound so heartless. I dont think youve ever worked that hard physically.

Yep. I worked in restaurants from the age of 16.

You don't think.... yeah, you don't know me. But you still decide you know me.

Will it suck? I've been around the world and been to places where people didn't get tips. In fact I've worked in a restaurant in the US where I didn't get tipped either. Was the service bad? No.

It's not "common sense stuff", because I've seen it's not "common sense stuff" with my own eyes.
I wouldn't work at a place where I didn't make tips and get to keep what I made. I don't know a bartender that was worth a damn who would.

Because when I give a tip I want the person who earned it to get every penny... not the government who will just waste it....
People take their tips and buy stuff which helps the country more than Washington DC can....
Yeah. They do really well with the 3% tip you leave

Haha hahaha keep trying

I wouldn't work at a place where I didn't make tips and get to keep what I made. I don't know a bartender that was worth a damn who would.

And it's ridiculous because it's a menial job that isn't worth anything. If I had to pay a waiter way more than they're worth just for asking what I want to eat, I'm going to be angry. Then find out they don't have to pay tax on it.

They're worth minimum wage at best.

And it's ridiculous because it's a menial job that isn't worth anything. If I had to pay a waiter way more than they're worth just for asking what I want to eat, I'm going to be angry. Then find out they don't have to pay tax on it.

They're worth minimum wage at best.

Who says they are worth nothing? is that the way you worked when you were a waiter or waitress?
They are an integral part of the restaurant. Sure you could replace them with a buzzer and you could get up and bring your own meal back to your own table. you could order your meal from a kiosk or an app.... but that isnt a country many of us want to live in.
I actually LIKE leaving a tip for my waiter or waitress... and many people feel the same way. It gives YOU a chance to be generous, if even in just a small way. and hell the hell do you know what people are worth? I dont know where you worked, but when I worked as a busboy in an Italian Steak house bar and grill, I cleared all those tables, for three different waitresses, did salad bar, washed dishes, helped the cook prep for soups, you name it. People actually work as a team and everyone is important in a restaurant.... unless your a lazy ass. and yes, on the floor we made minimum wage. I think whatever tips those waitresses made, they should have kept 100% most of them were working and going to college... at least they were using that money to pay off their student loans and survive and not feeling like a grifter, like todays current crop who think they should have taxpayers, pay off 60K loans. really??? I still cant understand why you got that bit of anger over someone else catching a small break. Again, If I tip someone, its a personal gift, Im not their employer. Government has no business being there.

Because when I give a tip I want the person who earned it to get every penny... not the government who will just waste it....
People take their tips and buy stuff which helps the country more than Washington DC can....
Hospitality workers are typically paid minimum wage and rely on tips. If below minimum wage isn’t adding up to taxable bracket, why would the pro tax crowd care about tips?

The Left always says tax plans are for the rich? Anyone know a waiter or waitress not paying their “fair share”?

She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.
slslsllslslsl.jpg

Who says they are worth nothing? is that the way you worked when you were a waiter or waitress?
They are an integral part of the restaurant. Sure you could replace them with a buzzer and you could get up and bring your own meal back to your own table. you could order your meal from a kiosk or an app.... but that isnt a country many of us want to live in.
I actually LIKE leaving a tip for my waiter or waitress... and many people feel the same way. It gives YOU a chance to be generous, if even in just a small way. and hell the hell do you know what people are worth? I dont know where you worked, but when I worked as a busboy in an Italian Steak house bar and grill, I cleared all those tables, for three different waitresses, did salad bar, washed dishes, helped the cook prep for soups, you name it. People actually work as a team and everyone is important in a restaurant.... unless your a lazy ass. and yes, on the floor we made minimum wage. I think whatever tips those waitresses made, they should have kept 100% most of them were working and going to college... at least they were using that money to pay off their student loans and survive and not feeling like a grifter, like todays current crop who think they should have taxpayers, pay off 60K loans. really??? I still cant understand why you got that bit of anger over someone else catching a small break. Again, If I tip someone, its a personal gift, Im not their employer. Government has no business being there.

I've worked with some absolute morons in the job. I have one guy on Facebook I worked with, half the time he's an alcoholic, he's barely worth anything.

The job is easy. You take an order, you deliver the food. It requires minimal brain effort, you just need to be slightly organized. Almost anyone can do the job.

Why would I want to be generous? I want food, and I want it as cheap as I can get it. I don't need some dumb blond telling me nice things, just take my order, go away, come back with my food, then clean up after me.

I've worked with some absolute morons in the job. I have one guy on Facebook I worked with, half the time he's an alcoholic, he's barely worth anything.

The job is easy. You take an order, you deliver the food. It requires minimal brain effort, you just need to be slightly organized. Almost anyone can do the job.

Why would I want to be generous? I want food, and I want it as cheap as I can get it. I don't need some dumb blond telling me nice things, just take my order, go away, come back with my food, then clean up after me.

cheap as you can get it? maybe consider not going out to a restaurant then? I can think of cheaper ways to eat LOL.
A lot of us want the dumb blonde!

damn you!

Are you always this crabby??? lol

cheap as you can get it? maybe consider not going out to a restaurant then? I can think of cheaper ways to eat LOL.
A lot of us want the dumb blonde!

damn you!

I rarely go to restaurants.

I can't afford to do so. I'm not poor. But I'm conscious of the money I spend and I try and save whenever possible. If you wish to pay money to look at some woman's tits, when you see better online.... then that's your issue, but for poor people it's often different.

Are you always this crabby??? lol

You ever worked in a restaurant with losers? People who will break safety laws because they believe it's just the government out to get them, and then they sue the restaurant when they spill hot oil all over their unprotected feet?

Forum List

Back